Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:42 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:19 pm 
President's Circle

Quote:
I think tomorrow is going to be a good day
For the kids that sign with us, it will be a great day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:20 pm 
Cornerstone

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously, but that’s not what I meant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:41 pm 
President's Circle

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Obviously, but that’s not what I meant
Looking forward to tomorrow. Signing day is like the opening day of the season. Hope we have some surprises.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:33 pm 
Emerald Circle

Quote:
So his parents were like WTF do you think you're doing? Took away his screen time. And how he's signing.
That's funny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:51 pm 
Regent's Circle

Quote:
Kid's friends: "Dude, you had a killer senior year, you can do better than Tulane! Try posting that you're opening up your recruitment and tag all the coaches!"
Kid: "Yeah... YEAH.... that would be awesome! Someone's sure to call!"
P5 coaches tagged:
Kid's dad: "Son, we need to have a talk."
I know "I was hacked" is the catchall equivalent of "My dog ate my homework." This is so bizarre I even wonder about that (but 99.99% of me doubts t.) High school can be a strange place.

Regardless I look forward to his signing and rooting for him. It is a happy ending after the hottest of hot internet takes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:54 am 
Cornerstone

Jesus MACHADO’s DC tweeted he’s signing with Tulane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:56 am 
Emerald Circle

Says bama and miami offers? This right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am 
Cornerstone

Gosh knows how old they are but he’s got several P5 offers regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:59 am 
Cornerstone

3-star LB from Miami that Alabama offered in 9th grade. He was waiting on a Miami offer that apparently didn’t come. Someone asked a Miami insider on twitter if he was signing with Miami and his high school
DC replied, Tulane.
https://247sports.com/Player/Jesus-Machado-87004/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:59 am 
Emerald Circle

Btw, should we keep this all on main board?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:00 am 
Cornerstone

Not this. Wait until the school announces it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:01 am 
Emerald Circle

I misread FWs post, thought he signed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:02 am 
Cornerstone

If/when announced, this is a HUGE get. Kid is a stud and played at a MAJOR south Florida football powerhouse.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 am 
Cornerstone

Quote:
I misread FWs post, thought he signed
He might have. It’s confusing. Look at fear the wave’s tweet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 am 
Cornerstone

If it happens it walks back the Ethan Barr thing. At the very least.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:05 am 
Cornerstone

FTW confirms. We got him!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:06 am 
Cornerstone

I read that and that’s not confirmation of a signing. This is National SIGINING Day. When Tulane says he’s signed, we got him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:12 am 
Cornerstone

Quote:
I read that and that’s not confirmation of a signing. This is National SIGINING Day. When Tulane says he’s signed, we got him.
Faxes man, faxes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:08 am 
Regent's Circle

Quote:
Quote:
Faxes man, faxes.
The one and only place those are still used....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:30 pm 
Regent's Circle

Quote:
Quote:
Faxes man, faxes.
Just the fax, ma'am. Just the fax.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:01 pm 
Emerald Circle

Quote:
Quote:
Have we not backfilled seeming holes in previous years with pretty good grad transfers? Having patience is hard and we all want to see that "great recruiting class" headline, but our actual class probably won't be known until like June 2020.

Also, we've known and expected that we would not sign all these kids. When we had this outstanding class back last summer, those in the know about recruiting all said that it would take a big hit as signing day approached. We knew it would. Not only do the P5 schools narrow down who they want and don't want (causing another school to have a sudden opening, which they offer to our commits), but with the coaching carousel, new guys arrive at new places and suddenly they throw an offer to our commits. For example, as mentioned elsewhere, it will be interesting to see if any of our list from this past summer end up at Missouri or Arkansas.
Wait, who said we'd "take a big hit"? And, as buck mentioned, we've had one kid who decommitted from us (as opposed to the other way around)...the kids that made this an "outstanding class" are all still coming (as of now). None of our former commits (save maybe Tuggle) is ending up anywhere near a school like Arkansas or Missouri.
So, to update after early signing day, the "big hit" we took was upgrading from Barr to Machado and maybe, maybe not losing Tuggle. The rest of our former commits ended up at the likes of Lafayette or worse. We have the 2nd ranked class in our conference and in the G5. I couldn't find anyone "in the know about recruiting" that predicted we'd drop in the rankings...in fact, other than the total crazies upset about coaching rumors, the only person I could find that said we'd lose recruits is you, with your usual P5 paranoia combined with a little panic over our late season swoon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

Quote:
I couldn't find anyone "in the know about recruiting" that predicted we'd drop in the rankings...in fact, other than the total crazies upset about coaching rumors, the only person I could find that said we'd lose recruits is you, with your usual P5 paranoia combined with a little panic over our late season swoon.
You went back through all the threads back to last summer just so you could post this to me, right?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 pm 
Emerald Circle

Quote:
Quote:
I couldn't find anyone "in the know about recruiting" that predicted we'd drop in the rankings...in fact, other than the total crazies upset about coaching rumors, the only person I could find that said we'd lose recruits is you, with your usual P5 paranoia combined with a little panic over our late season swoon.
You went back through all the threads back to last summer just so you could post this to me, right?
Sure

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

Just a curious question since I just saw the name of someone announced as entering the portal...

Does anyone think we'd take a grad transfer QB for next year? Other than a complete shock-the-world "take" kind of kid? Like, do we take an experienced guy who started a year or two at a "lesser" (or not successful) program and would be a one year guy? He'd have to learn the system in one spring and summer and beat out Howard; it would also probably turn off Pratt and Ibieta (and whomever else already on the roster and remaining listed as QB). Just curious about folks' thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:31 pm 
Cornerstone

Quote:
Just a curious question since I just saw the name of someone announced as entering the portal...

Does anyone think we'd take a grad transfer QB for next year? Other than a complete shock-the-world "take" kind of kid? Like, do we take an experienced guy who started a year or two at a "lesser" (or not successful) program and would be a one year guy? He'd have to learn the system in one spring and summer and beat out Howard; it would also probably turn off Pratt and Ibieta (and whomever else already on the roster and remaining listed as QB). Just curious about folks' thoughts.
Yes, we'd take a grad transfer at QB. Very likely.