Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3124
Location: Charlotte, NC
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Just remember, the only thing guaranteed if you wrestle with a turd is that you will come away smelling like one.


You eat doody for breakfast? (Movie reference)

Image

_________________
Tulane BSCE & Army ROTC class of 2004


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17676
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Just remember, the only thing guaranteed if you wrestle with a turd is that you will come away smelling like one.


You eat doody for breakfast? (Movie reference)

I usually remember stuff like that but don’t remember. Now if you’re talking Animal House...

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:13 pm 
Online
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3439
Location: Wichita
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... -hawkeyes/

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20307
Location: North Kenner
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 1652
Location: Upriver in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.

More importantly: "Boyle will graduate from the university in May and would be eligible to play at another FBS school in 2018 if that’s the route he chooses to take. The 6-2, 215-pound redshirt sophomore will have two years of eligibility at his disposal."

I say sign him up!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2165
I know the staff is monitoring every situation like this. Within the rules, I am sure we will at least make contact if WF sees a fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20307
Location: North Kenner
MNAlum wrote:
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.

More importantly: "Boyle will graduate from the university in May and would be eligible to play at another FBS school in 2018 if that’s the route he chooses to take. The 6-2, 215-pound redshirt sophomore will have two years of eligibility at his disposal."

I say sign him up!
Thanks for adding that part. I forgot to go back and copy it.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:14 pm 
Online
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3439
Location: Wichita
Thanks for pulling some quotes. I was in a hurry and had to #profpost ( :wink: ). The dual threat part caught my attention. Obviously he's got some speed/quickness to try receiver. Probably a Ledford type. But with an opportunity to at least be a solid backup and then potentially compete to start his senior year, I'd think we're checking it out. Our AD did come from the state!

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:05 am 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 29923
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Miami's backup QB last year, Evan Sherriffs, brother of UConn's QB is transferring. Don't want him. He's bad. Just throwing it out there. He is a grad transfer, and would have 2 years of eligibility. He wants to go to another ACC school (like Duke), but Miami is blocking him. He is appealing.

http://hurricanesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5377


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2165
FW, would he be better in the sense he would ascend within our depth chart to number 2?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 29923
Location: Chattanooga, TN
tjtlja wrote:
FW, would he be better in the sense he would ascend within our depth chart to number 2?


Let's put it this way. People were saying he was good last spring, and that he had a chance to start. He was beaten out by Rosier, and then didn't see much action, even in blowouts (at least not throwing the ball). Rosier got hurt against UNC and he came in and looked horrible. Rosier came back in. Rosier got benched against Pitt, and again, he looked horrible, and Rosier came back in.

Here are the highlights he put together to send to teams

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vtHxqckJBLNGk-vtu-ROXYacA9dXKi4e/view?ts=5a6fa6ea


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2165
FW, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2021
Location: Baton Rouge
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.


and the OC who recruited Boyle to Iowa was... Greg Davis.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:03 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Marietta, GA
Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.


and the OC who recruited Boyle to Iowa was... Greg Davis.


Interesting. Senior or Junior...not that it matters, just curious.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:07 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2021
Location: Baton Rouge
Rotorooter wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.


and the OC who recruited Boyle to Iowa was... Greg Davis.


Interesting. Senior or Junior...not that it matters, just curious.


He will be eligible for '18 and '19 seasons.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Marietta, GA
Poseidon wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.


and the OC who recruited Boyle to Iowa was... Greg Davis.


Interesting. Senior or Junior...not that it matters, just curious.


He will be eligible for '18 and '19 seasons.
I meant Greg Davis,Jr. or Sr., LOL.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2021
Location: Baton Rouge
Rotorooter wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/iowas-ryan-boyle-transferring-from-hawkeyes/


Quote:
The Hawkeyes announced in a press release Friday that Ryan Boyle has decided to leave Kirk Ferentz‘s football program. While not specified, it’s believed a search for a better opportunity at playing time was the trigger for the move...

...A three-star member of Iowa’s 2015 recruiting class, Boyle, the Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and senior, was rated as the No. 26 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 5 player at any position in the state of Iowa. Only four signees in Iowa’s 21-member class that year were rated higher than Boyle.

Interesting discovery. If he’s a true dual threat he may fit well here. He tried WR for a season which indicates he is likely athletic, but could also mean he’s not a great passer.


and the OC who recruited Boyle to Iowa was... Greg Davis.


Interesting. Senior or Junior...not that it matters, just curious.


He will be eligible for '18 and '19 seasons.
I meant Greg Davis,Jr. or Sr., LOL.


SR.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group