Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:41 pm 
President's Circle

We need a QB in the worst way. Hopefully, this is the guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:05 am 
President's Circle

Apparently, Starks is now at Iowa Western CC instead of Southwest Mississippi. Ke'shan Pennamon, another former wave target, is there as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:41 pm 
Regent's Circle

A new offer -

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 pm 
Coach Level

I thought the "quarterbacks we need you'" was talking about possibilities for this fall. Would'nt those guys just be part of the 2019 recruiting discussion.

We need a another qb for this fall.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

TU23 wrote:
Apparently, Starks is now at Iowa Western CC instead of Southwest Mississippi. Ke'shan Pennamon, another former wave target, is there as well.

Starks would have to blow up to be our top older option at QB for 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:43 pm 
President's Circle

long green wrote:
TU23 wrote:

Starks would have to blow up to be our top older option at QB for 2019.

Agreed. He was a project coming out of W.E. Will be interesting to see how much he's progressed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm 
Emerald Circle

There's a 3*DB/QB from Comeaux, Christian Archangel visiting today or tomorrow. He visited lsu in March. He lists himself as a 3*DB but he did play QB. I don't know if he has DI QB talent or if he's more interested in one position over the other.
Perhaps the lsu interest is for DB but we could snag him as QB if he wants to play QB.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 am 
Regent's Circle

Another 2019 QB -

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:31 am 
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Dual threat QB Nick Tronti announces decision to transfer from Indiana. He was a backup there. Don't think he's graduating, so he would sit a year
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... m-indiana/

He was possibly a target for the 17 class. He mentioned Tulane in the article. http://www.staugustine.com/sports-high-school-high-school-football/2016-12-24/all-county-football-ponte-vedras-nick-tronti

Good find. One would think we're an ideal situation for him, actually. He can't play next year anyway, then he'd have 3 left to play and Banks is gone so there would likely be wide open competition.

Lane Kiffin reels this one in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:05 pm 
President's Circle

Kincaid Dent from Yazoo City, MS is a guy we're really interested in at QB. Keep a close eye on him. Offers from Cincy, Colorado State, Arkansas St, ULL, Toledo, Western Kentucky, South Alabama. Tall, lean kid (6'4, 190) with a good arm, good touch and some athleticism. Would be more of a passer than a runner but has the ability to pick up first downs on the ground. Isn't a breakaway threat as a runner.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:16 am 
Coach Level

I suspect the biggest obstacle to our attracting a QB is the perception of the system here. Everyone outside of the program still thinks that the WF offense is a triple option variant or something close to what was being run at GSU. The truth is that, today, it is much closer to being his SHSU version which should attract passers. I also feel WF and staff failed to recruit to the SHSU style QB in his first class and instead recruited to the GSU style. The second class was somewhere in between. I expect this and future classes to move toward the SHSU model.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:03 am 
Regent's Circle

Poseidon wrote:
I suspect the biggest obstacle to our attracting a QB is the perception of the system here. Everyone outside of the program still thinks that the WF offense is a triple option variant or something close to what was being run at GSU. The truth is that, today, it is much closer to being his SHSU version which should attract passers. I also feel WF and staff failed to recruit to the SHSU style QB in his first class and instead recruited to the GSU style. The second class was somewhere in between. I expect this and future classes to move toward the SHSU model.

We had 241 passing attempts last year, good for 123 in the country so I'm not sure "perception" is really the issue here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm 
Crest Level

Did anyone notice that Bevyn Jones responded to the tweet of Kincade!
I think it is great that a commitment is helping recruit.
That is the type of teamwork we need.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:05 pm 
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

We had 241 passing attempts last year, good for 123 in the country so I'm not sure "perception" is really the issue here.

The 123rd looks worse than the 241. Anyone paying attention would see that this is a good offense for a QB who can run.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 am 
Regent's Circle

long green wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

The 123rd looks worse than the 241. Anyone paying attention would see that this is a good offense for a QB who can run.

For perspective, Virginia Tech ranked 65th in passing attempts (there are 130 FBS schools). They had 412 attempts, more than 70% more than we did. We are a far, far cry from "normal". Doesn't mean we can't have a good offense or, as you said, be an attractive place for a running QB, but if those numbers continue, it will be a challenge to get good passers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5