Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:11 am 
President's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:

He would have two years. 2020, 2021. I am for it if he is good fit. I doubt we are on his list. He was a 4 star out of high school with high expectations. Though I think we could really use a good freshman commit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 pm 
Emerald Circle

Former LSU quarterback Lowell Narcisse signs with Texas-San Antonio

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2018/12/former ... tonio.html

not that I thought he could be a good fit here, but a guy who had all sorts of recognition while in high school

Narcisse came out of St. James High School as a four-star-rated prospects and as one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:02 pm 
Cornerstone

GreenieBacker wrote:

not that I thought he could be a good fit here, but a guy who had all sorts of recognition while in high school

Narcisse came out of St. James High School as a four-star-rated prospects and as one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation

He'll be at UTSA after Wilson is canned.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:40 pm 
President's Circle

I think that kid Matocha looks pretty good on film. Hope we get him, but if he's pulling a you-know-who and waiting for a P5 offer, then I think we live-and-die with McMillan, Howard and Daniels. Not the worst position to be in, frankly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:00 pm 
Cornerstone

There will be other options. Frankly, I hope we take a long look around. Let's not act like the big programs who thought McKenzie Milton wasn't good enough for them. Who knows what you can find?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:56 pm 
Regent's Circle

Tulane is set for at least two years regarding QB's. If no QB is signed this Spring, not a big negative. There are more QB's flying around in June than bugs. WF will find one who fits.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 am 
Navigator Level

We are not set for two years. We need quality freshman QB's now who can come in and learn the system and develop. Players get hurt at this position. Ledford nor Daniels are QB's at this level if you intend on winning games. Fortunately there is still time for the staff to go get a couple.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 am 
Regent's Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:

Why for some reason did I think he was going to Missouri? :green wink:

He's had a long journey back from his high school injuries. Based on his JUCO play, he may finally agree to a position change if it doesn't work for him anymore at QB. I'm sure Wilson will give him a full shot at QB though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:00 am 
President's Circle

wavedom wrote:
We are not set for two years. We need quality freshman QB's now who can come in and learn the system and develop. Players get hurt at this position. Ledford nor Daniels are QB's at this level if you intend on winning games. Fortunately there is still time for the staff to go get a couple.

Since when is there enough info on Daniels to know this? or Ledford. The kid has been moved back and fourth and had at most two months of real second team reps.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:13 am 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

Since when is there enough info on Daniels to know this? or Ledford. The kid has been moved back and fourth and had at most two months of real second team reps.

I think the jury is in on Ledford.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 am 
Cornerstone

Sign a solid enough candidate and one of them should be moved for spring practice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:16 am 
Regent's Circle

For consistency's sake, Florida State's DeAndre Francois is transferring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 am 
Cornerstone

I imagine FSU will be very interested in Lance Legendre. They lost a QB commit yesterday and now this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:01 pm 
President's Circle

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

After the Cincinnati games many on here said the same thing about McMillan. We may be surprised what an actual QB coach can do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:02 pm 
Navigator Level

Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

Ledford was moved because he can't cut it at QB at this level. He was only put back there because of the numbers situation. Daniels film was unimpressive and seeing him scrimmage was unimpressive. So much so the staff moved him too. We need QB's pronto.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:03 pm 
President's Circle

long green wrote:
I imagine FSU will be very interested in Lance Legendre. They lost a QB commit yesterday and now this.

The Georgia transfer QB is rumored to be heading to FSU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

After the Cincinnati games many on here said the same thing about McMillan. We may be surprised what an actual QB coach can do.

Is Hall (if he stays) also the QB coach?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:05 pm 
President's Circle

UGA made a late run at Calzada but he stayed firm with TAMU. So, the dogs are looking for another

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:32 pm 
Regent's Circle

wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

Ledford was moved because he can't cut it at QB at this level. He was only put back there because of the numbers situation. Daniels film was unimpressive and seeing him scrimmage was unimpressive. So much so the staff moved him too. We need QB's pronto.

I am the most relentlessly optimistic person on this board and I can't sign off on Ledford at QB. If you went to the Houston game, you saw that he simply does not have the physical tools to run an offense that throws 20-25 times a game to win the AAC like Fritz wants to do next year. Ledford is smart and athletic. He could effectively operate the GSU offense (for those who watched its bowl game a couple of days ago) which is still run option football on steroids. He is just not a dual purpose QB.

He seems to be a great guy who just wants to play somewhere. Perhaps he can be like Hill with the Saints. I can see him doing similar stuff for the Wave including special teams. I'm rooting for him to see the field in some fashion. Who likes riding the pine?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:56 pm 
President's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

I am the most relentlessly optimistic person on this board and I can't sign off on Ledford at QB. If you went to the Houston game, you saw that he simply does not have the physical tools to run an offense that throws 20-25 times a game to win the AAC like Fritz wants to do next year. Ledford is smart and athletic. He could effectively operate the GSU offense (for those who watched its bowl game a couple of days ago) which is still run option football on steroids. He is just not a dual purpose QB.

He seems to be a great guy who just wants to play somewhere. Perhaps he can be like Hill with the Saints. I can see him doing similar stuff for the Wave including special teams. I'm rooting for him to see the field in some fashion. Who likes riding the pine?

I am not "sold" on him. I simply pointing out that there isn't a lot to judge him by. Are ya'll at practices? He was the backup for a reason. If he was that bad i doubt he would have been the back-up. I assert the biggest thing to consider with all of the QBs is there has been a huge lack of QB development coaching. Much less play calls to put them in the best position to succeed. Dare I say as far as QB development goes the CJ crew wasn't any worse.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

I am not "sold" on him. I simply pointing out that there isn't a lot to judge him by. Are ya'll at practices? He was the backup for a reason.
Because all the other QBs transferred so we had to move him back from WR?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:03 pm 
Navigator Level

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

I am not "sold" on him. I simply pointing out that there isn't a lot to judge him by. Are ya'll at practices? He was the backup for a reason.

This.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:30 pm 
President's Circle

wavedom wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

This.

If he was that bad we could have gone with Daniels. For the Houston game he was still the number 2. 10 games into the season they could have had Daniel's as the backup if Ledford was such a liability.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:55 pm 
Navigator Level

Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

This.

If he was that bad we could have gone with Daniels. For the Houston game he was still the number 2. 10 games into the season they could have had Daniel's as the backup if Ledford was such a liability.

Daniels is that bad at that position. Many have stepped in to point out that you're wrong. You can keep going but it won't change that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:13 am 
Regent's Circle

wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
wavedom wrote:

This.

Daniels is that bad at that position. Many have stepped in to point out that you're wrong. You can keep going but it won't change that.

Listen Ledford is athletic and smart. Some of the current plays don't fit his profile. Give him a solid run option attack and he will preform. He is a tough kid who does not shy away from mixing it up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next