Another Football Commit

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
FW
Cornerstone

Another Football Commit

Post by FW »

Ethan Barr. LB from Texas. Offers from Tulsa and ULM

https://247sports.com/player/ethan-barr-46049381/
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: Another Football Commit

Post by sr »

noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

Seemed taller than 6’ 3” in person (maybe 6’ 5”)?? But didn’t have a tape measure, and he was in cleats..
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He long snaps as well, I believe.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

long green wrote:He long snaps as well, I believe.
From watching that tape maybe that's what we signed him for.
We deserve so much better
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

wavedom wrote:
long green wrote:He long snaps as well, I believe.
From watching that tape maybe that's what we signed him for.
Thought his LB work looked good. Played wildcat, H-back, some receiver. The young man has a nose for the football and a good motor. College will certainly sharpen his skills - would expect redshirt and weight room work.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Look I hope he turns out to be a stud. The information above says he runs a 4.93 40. The tape makes it look like that's accurate. Eatherly is going to be gone after this year. Hence my thought that we may be taking him as a long snapper. No shame in that. If anybody should know the importance of that position it's us Tulane fans.
We deserve so much better
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Don’t we already have one of the best long snappers in the country committed to us?
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

wavedom wrote:Look I hope he turns out to be a stud. The information above says he runs a 4.93 40. The tape makes it look like that's accurate. Eatherly is going to be gone after this year. Hence my thought that we may be taking him as a long snapper. No shame in that. If anybody should know the importance of that position it's us Tulane fans.
HUDL has him at 4.61 - which seems more realistic. My grandmother ran a 4.93 … wind aided.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

tjtlja wrote:Don’t we already have one of the best long snappers in the country committed to us?
PWOs perhaps?
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

He really doesn't look like the rest of the kids we've signed so far this year, Stars/who else offered/etc, which tells me either the coaches see a potential others may not or he was signed as a LS or is coming onboard a PWO.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

sr wrote:
wavedom wrote:Look I hope he turns out to be a stud. The information above says he runs a 4.93 40. The tape makes it look like that's accurate. Eatherly is going to be gone after this year. Hence my thought that we may be taking him as a long snapper. No shame in that. If anybody should know the importance of that position it's us Tulane fans.
HUDL has him at 4.61 - which seems more realistic. My grandmother ran a 4.93 … wind aided.
I'd bet you couldn't run a 4.93 30
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

gerryb323 wrote:
sr wrote:
who cares.
wow, a challenge. My timings have passed, but was pretty quick for my size. Quickness mattered, speed didn't. Did race Mike Truax in a 100yd once - close, but 2nd by about a body. That's all I got. :lol:
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

sr wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
sr wrote:
who cares.
wow, a challenge. My timings have passed, but was pretty quick for my size. Quickness mattered, speed didn't. Did race Mike Truax in a 100yd once - close, but 2nd by about a body. That's all I got. :lol:
Respect your elders, gerry. I bet sr would smoke the field in an over-60 100 yard dash. :wink:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

sr wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
sr wrote:
who cares.
I'm just busting your balls. My point was that 4.93 is actually much faster than most think anyway.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

gerryb323 wrote:
sr wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
sr wrote:
who cares.
I'm just busting your balls. My point was that 4.93 is actually much faster than most think anyway.
… been married 37 years … don't need no more busting balls :wink:
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Reread his tweet. He says he is continuing his “academic career” at Tulane. That’s PWO language. Welcome aboard.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

tjtlja wrote:Don’t we already have one of the best long snappers in the country committed to us?
decommitted a while ago if I'm not mistaken
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
http://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52322
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
http://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52322
And then this PWO LS -

http://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52441
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

I have never heard of a prospect committing as a PWO before his senior HS season. PWO spots are not usually filled untill the spring or summer after the prospect's senior season. Tulane probably doesn't fill the PWO spots considering the tuition cost. I could be wrong about the latter though.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Looks like a good prospect. And he has good size.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He’s very big for a HS LB. I could see him growing into a DE.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes