Connor Crabtree commits for hoops...2018 SG/F

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Connor Crabtree commits for hoops...2018 SG/F

Unread post by long green »

Everyone takes projects. Sometimes they work out. I certainly don’t think that spring is the time to sign one.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Move this to the main board!!! Connor announced on Twitter that he is signing with Tulane.
I will be signing to Tulane University!! Please respect my decision.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I will be signing to Tulane University!! Please respect my decision.
[/quote]
Sounds like people (friends, hangers-on, coaches?) were disrespecting his choice.

The bed we have made...
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Pete, you should read the twitter post where he declares his intention to sign with TU (sr posted it). Almost all the posts were by Memphis fans and most were fine except for a select few. Apparently, according to a friend who has been tracking this closer than I, once Penny and Memphis decided they wanted this kid all the Memphis fans were convinced that of course he was coming there. And then, as it began to dawn on them he wasn't a lock and still leaned toward TU, the excuses began to fly.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
SomeBiz
Riptide Level

Unread post by SomeBiz »

Looks like Tulane has Connor Crabtree's LOI:

https://twitter.com/MikeDunleavySr/stat ... 5073209345
Tulane class of '79
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

"Please respect my decision" is a perfunctory usage for athletes shutting down the recruiting process. It is wallowing in self-pity to infer anything humbling to Tulane in Crabtree's use of the phrase.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

It's one of the phrases that I've grown to really hate on twitter. It's used by every athlete who has ever narrowed down his list of schools, made a commitment or transferred. You can't infer anything from it.
This one belongs to the Wave.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I'm admittedly not on twitter but in all of the (literally hundreds of) posts or links of tweets about commitments that I've ever seen, whether here or elsewhere, I have never once seen a word about "please respect my decision". Obviously you two follow more than I do, but every single tweet I've ever seen where someone has committed to a school, they are nothing but excited. "SO PROUD TO ANNOUNCE I WILL ATTEND...." Sorry, but "please respect my decision" sounds like saying "yeah, I know you think I'm an idiot and should have signed elsewhere, and admittedly I could have gone to a better-name school, but this is where I'm going so leave me alone".

Don't get me wrong - good on him (or any signee) for resisting the harassment and/or pressure of others and making a decision themselves. I believe what you two say (you certainly would know), I've just never seen that tweeted before.

Regardless... glad we got him.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:I'm admittedly not on twitter but in all of the (literally hundreds of) posts or links of tweets about commitments that I've ever seen, whether here or elsewhere, I have never once seen a word about "please respect my decision". Obviously you two follow more than I do, but every single tweet I've ever seen where someone has committed to a school, they are nothing but excited. "SO PROUD TO ANNOUNCE I WILL ATTEND...." Sorry, but "please respect my decision" sounds like saying "yeah, I know you think I'm an idiot and should have signed elsewhere, and admittedly I could have gone to a better-name school, but this is where I'm going so leave me alone".

Don't get me wrong - good on him (or any signee) for resisting the harassment and/or pressure of others and making a decision themselves. I believe what you two say (you certainly would know), I've just never seen that tweeted before.

Regardless... glad we got him.
It's got about 100% usage rate when someone decommits/changes their commitment. Much less if someone is just making a run of the mill preseason commitment.