Connor Crabtree commits for hoops...2018 SG/F

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Connor Crabtree commits for hoops...2018 SG/F

Post by long green »

Conroy's recruiting picked up when he finally realized he needed recruiters & not three more Ed Conroys on his staff.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I thought he had a very solid last class. Frazier, Paul, Slater(?) and the guy that transferred who was from Chicago whose name escapes me.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
rjc
Breaker Level

Post by rjc »

Could someone explain to me what we are trying to do offensively under Dunlevy with this years team. It doesn't seem to me that we have a clue about how to attack a zone defense. Basketball at all levels has become a one on one game with very little noticeable offensive schemes. Conroys recruiting pick up when Tulane relaxed their requirements somewhat. I got to know the prior three coaches as president of one of our booster clubs. All three were dedicated basketball people, basketball was there life. All came from good programs , but had very little chance to succeed at Tulane. Dickerson was glad to get out of here. He told me that Tulane had not lived up to what they had promised him when he was hired. Dunlevys recruits have not been better that the 3 prior coaches up to this point. I hope Dunlevy can turn this program around . I go to all the home games and watch the road games on Tv and I can't say that he has out coached very many of his opponents in 2 years. It takes athletes and he just doesn't have very many at this time. rjc
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

well Grumpy why don't you attend a Coach's Corner held before each and every home game and attended by one of the Coaches (usually Asst. Head Coach Stewart) and ask him?
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Post by Wave Revival »

rjc wrote:I got to know the prior three coaches as president of one of our booster clubs. All three were dedicated basketball people, basketball was there life. All came from good programs , but had very little chance to succeed at Tulane. Dickerson was glad to get out of here. He told me that Tulane had not lived up to what they had promised him when he was hired. rjc
Dickerson was hired a couple months before Katrina so how was Tulane supposed to live up to its promises. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not his fault. Conroy should have benefited from the Hertz Center and entry into a much better basketball conference(AAC) but didn’t.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

GreenieBacker wrote:I thought he had a very solid last class. Frazier, Paul, Slater(?) and the guy that transferred who was from Chicago whose name escapes me.
Kipper Nichols? I believe he is from Cleveland area. Playing for Illinois and averaging about 10 points per game. I wish he stayed.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

I think he meant Kain Harris.
We deserve so much better
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Harris is who I had in mind. I didn't count Kipper simply because he never set foot on campus but clearly he had the potential to be a big contributor.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Baywave1 wrote:Ugh. Crabtree visiting Memphis.

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/B ... ssion=true
4.1 GPA. Hopefully the Tulane education outweighs his other options but once guys reopen their recruiting it isn’t a good sign.

Penny Hardaway is going to do a great job. He was winning state championships as a high school coach, coaching AAU ball and is a legend in Memphis and the NBA. It’s a great hire and he will be taking a lot of verbal commits from other schools.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Crabtree had previously taken down his post that he was committed to Tulane and removed "Tulane Commit" from his twitter bio. The day after his Memphis visit, he put them back up. I'd say that is a good sign.
This one belongs to the Wave.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

TU23 wrote:Crabtree had previously taken down his post that he was committed to Tulane and removed "Tulane Commit" from his twitter bio. The day after his Memphis visit, he put them back up. I'd say that is a good sign.
Thanks for reading the fine print. Maybe this is a good omen on Melvin's future too?
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Baywave1 wrote:
TU23 wrote:Crabtree had previously taken down his post that he was committed to Tulane and removed "Tulane Commit" from his twitter bio. The day after his Memphis visit, he put them back up. I'd say that is a good sign.
Thanks for reading the fine print. Maybe this is a good omen on Melvin's future too?
Crabtree has received an offer from Memphis.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Memphis boards and 247 Sports say Connor Crabtree and Memphis is OFF; appears he remains a Tulane commitment and likely signs with the Wave.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Crabtree makes it official. Huge recruiting win to hold Penny and Memphis off.

https://twitter.com/c_crab5/status/9840 ... 23457?s=21
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Solid news. Stating the obvious but to rise to next level Tulane has to start winning these competitive recruiting battles for publicly acknowledged talented players against our peers and betters. Only so many projects you can sign and bet they by themselves will transform your program.

Let's now see what the grad transfer prospect does.

BTW, Crabtree and Moses will give Tulane two above average wing shooters. I guess Dunleavy reads this forum where he found out he needed help in attacking zone from the outside. :green wink:
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

Excellent work by the staff.
If we can get the low post guys on the court this season, with the shooters, we could be in for some fun.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

So what happens if Frazier returns for his Senior year?

great pickup, BTW
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

GreenieBacker wrote:So what happens if Frazier returns for his Senior year?

great pickup, BTW
He won’t come back.

We have 3 spots open if I’m counting right. I’d look for a point guard & an athletic 4.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

if Frazier returns to the Wave, we have room to sign 2 more guys this spring (and into the summertime).
if Frazier goes the NBA route, we have 3 openings for this spring and summer.
Guys we have a relatively new interest in:
Mike Cunningham an immediately eligible transfer from USC Upstate, a guard. (He visited Tulane this past weekend)
and Mike Wynn, a 6-6 incoming frosh released from his ECU scholarship (signed with the Pirates in the fall but is on the market again since Lebo got axed as coach there).
I am sure there are others.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

need a legit PG badly. I wouldn't mind if we went after a grad transfer, or better yet a JUCO
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

You are correct. 3 spots open. 1 is obviously Frazier's if he for some reason returns.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Mike Wynn was offered by Ole Miss yesterday and a number of other schools are interested. We are apparently in the running per early tweets when he got the release.

https://twitter.com/oakhoop/status/9834 ... 50624?s=21
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Assuming Frazier is told he will likely be a first round pick, he won't be back. It all depends on how he performs at the combine or whatever the NBA calls it.

I hope we bring in 2 or 3 grad transfers so we have the scholarships for the following year. I'd like to see us make a commitment to going for it next year and saving the scholarships for the following year unless we can land a legit 3 or 4 star recruit for this year.

No more projects!