Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Destin, FL
Looks like a big get if we can get him.

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/ ... 71552?s=21


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 4115
We have open spots so why not. Second leading scorer on team and 38% from 3. Will be 23 when the season starts. We could a few grad transfers to contribute immediately without taking up scholarships for more than a year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline
Crest Level

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:01 pm
Posts: 110
At 6'0" he is likely more a PG than a 2. He averaged 3 assists / game.
He could allow Ona Embo to move to the wing.

My question is can he defend the PG's in the AAC ?

Also USC Upstate is where Dave Dickerson just took over as the Head Coach


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 18617
Location: Chicago
mandevillewave wrote:
At 6'0" he is likely more a PG than a 2. He averaged 3 assists / game.
He could allow Ona Embo to move to the wing.

My question is can he defend the PG's in the AAC ?

Also USC Upstate is where Dave Dickerson just took over as the Head Coach


viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37316


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Destin, FL
Competing with Louisville and Oklahoma for guy. Holding off Memphis for Crabtree. Recruiting is certainly on a uptick. Will be real interesting starting Wednesday to see who we sign this spring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Destin, FL
Oklahoma State now in the mix as well

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 0948301825

Fear the Wave said his visit to us went well - https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 6688166914


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19772
Location: New Orleans
a Grad Transfer who wants a shot at the Pro's is going to be looking for a place where he can play right away and showcase his talents. He just doesn't have the time to spend on the bench or being the second guy off the bench. He's going to be looking for a place that has the media exposure where Scouts can see him, he's going to be looking at what Program or HC can best groom him for the Pro's and, with a 4.2 GPA he and his family may want to wrap that up around a top academic institution.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19693
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Everything you said is gospel truth, GB. But it has been for years and it's not won many battles against "power" schools in the past.

Ugh, I can't believe we're in a recruiting battle against (among others) my high school teammate. You'd think any recruit would be scared to go to Louisville, especially a one year grad transfer, as the sanctions hammer could drop on them any second and leave the transfer with no chance at titles or postseason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9508
PeteRasche wrote:
Everything you said is gospel truth, GB. But it has been for years and it's not won many battles against "power" schools in the past.

Ugh, I can't believe we're in a recruiting battle against (among others) my high school teammate. You'd think any recruit would be scared to go to Louisville, especially a one year grad transfer, as the sanctions hammer could drop on them any second and leave the transfer with no chance at titles or postseason.

Then again, if it's titles or postseason he's after, why are we on the list?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19693
Location: Cincinnati, OH
ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Everything you said is gospel truth, GB. But it has been for years and it's not won many battles against "power" schools in the past.

Ugh, I can't believe we're in a recruiting battle against (among others) my high school teammate. You'd think any recruit would be scared to go to Louisville, especially a one year grad transfer, as the sanctions hammer could drop on them any second and leave the transfer with no chance at titles or postseason.

Then again, if it's titles or postseason he's after, why are we on the list?

Fair point. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Posts: 4115
PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Everything you said is gospel truth, GB. But it has been for years and it's not won many battles against "power" schools in the past.

Ugh, I can't believe we're in a recruiting battle against (among others) my high school teammate. You'd think any recruit would be scared to go to Louisville, especially a one year grad transfer, as the sanctions hammer could drop on them any second and leave the transfer with no chance at titles or postseason.

Then again, if it's titles or postseason he's after, why are we on the list?

Fair point. :oops:


How many grad transfers have gone on to NBA careers? I'm honestly scratching my head trying to name some. In today's climate of one and done, you are considered ancient by junior year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 5305
I would hope that his recruiting is "and" and not "either, or."

Recruiting summary: You will get good academics, we will better prepare you for basketball future (however that is defined) than alternatives, you will (probably) get playing time and, yes, we are playing to win.

I know the last is aspirational based on recent experience of Tulane's record but it's still a goal. Our AD still proclaims it as one of his benchmarks to evaluate coaching performance. (If not I guess the ghost of Rufus Harris still haunts us and all the tin foil talk is not really that.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Destin, FL
Cunningham to ok state

https://twitter.com/chicomike_/status/9 ... 66592?s=21


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group