Football signee Damien Tate will not be coming to Tulane

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
waverider
Cornerstone

Football signee Damien Tate will not be coming to Tulane

Post by waverider »

Announced via Twitter that he will be attending Pearl River Community College and has reopened his recruiting. My speculation is grades.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Football signee Damien Tate will not be coming to Tulane

Post by Baywave1 »

I wish Tate well. Glad WF is pushing the envelope to recruit and enroll the best players he can within NCAA and Tulane limits. As long as it's only one or two that he misses on, the effect is manageable. No different from losing a promising player to injury. Meanwhile he continues to improve the overall roster. Next man up.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Ugh
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

Baywave1 wrote:I wish Tate well. Glad WF is pushing the envelope to recruit and enroll the best players he can within NCAA and Tulane limits. As long as it's only one or two that he misses on, the effect is manageable. No different from losing a promising player to injury. Meanwhile he continues to improve the overall roster. Next man up.
No man this one really hurts. Many people, even lsu people said he was the best player in the state.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Best player in the city was the label, actually. I think he had the potential to be a good disruptive nickel for us.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

long green wrote:Best player in the city was the label, actually. I think he had the potential to be a good disruptive nickel for us.
I think you are right but I also think they were going to use him on offense. Too much talent. Here's hoping he still comes our way.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

He was always a grade risk (NCAA clearinghouse, not Tulane admissions), which is why he didn't have more offers. WF took a shot and it didn't work. I think we'll see fewer and fewer of these risks in the coming years across the board because now schools can't use these spots to "count back" for the next year's class.
This one belongs to the Wave.