Does Tulane & Lowell Narcisse have any interest

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Re: Does Tulane & Lowell Narcisse have any interest

Post by wavedom »

long green wrote:Surely you can’t agree that we should cater to Narcisse, not after what you said about his passing ability. He needs the option element in this offense more than Banks does.

I’d like to see how much we cut back. It was still used, as in the winning TD vs ECU.
Didn't say we should do it for LN. Was just pointing out that we did cut it back to fit Banks and might therefore do it for another qualified guy. I was also just lamenting the fact that we brought something revolutionary to college football and then abandoned it.
Last edited by wavedom on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We deserve so much better
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

GreenieBacker wrote:not true, Frank Scelfo ran a version of the spread. Toledo and CJ did not.
He only did it once in a blue moon when Chris would give in but then would quickly go back to his pro style offense. Same thing happened under Toledo with his OC whose name I don't recall right off the bat.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

randymc wrote:i read that Lindsey Scott is drifting down the depth chart at Missouri as their coaches seem to value a 6-3 QB as backup to Lock; Scott seems destined to be the 3rd QB at this point.
Kid made a poor choice and will at best be saddled with a degree from Mizzou
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

GreenieBacker wrote:If true, I'm sorry for him he sure has made a mess of things. And besides Tulane there were other schools as well that could have been a good fit for him. Of course he got caught up in that whole P5 BS and the rest seems to be history.
Why are you sorry for him? He jerked us around.
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Baywave1 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:If true, I'm sorry for him he sure has made a mess of things. And besides Tulane there were other schools as well that could have been a good fit for him. Of course he got caught up in that whole P5 BS and the rest seems to be history.
He is a bright young man from a smart family that values education.
Considering his choices so far neither statement seems plausible to me.
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

wavedom wrote:
long green wrote:Surely you can’t agree that we should cater to Narcisse, not after what you said about his passing ability. He needs the option element in this offense more than Banks does.

I’d like to see how much we cut back. It was still used, as in the winning TD vs ECU.
Didn't say we should do it for NN. Was just pointing out that we did cut it back to fit Banks and might therefore do it for another qualified guy.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. We didn’t run as much triple/speed or lead option last year. I’m curious if Fritz had Banks focus on it in the offseason or if he again tweaked the offense based on the strengths he does have.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

randymc wrote:i read that Lindsey Scott is drifting down the depth chart at Missouri as their coaches seem to value a 6-3 QB as backup to Lock; Scott seems destined to be the 3rd QB at this point.
I care not. His name should never be discussed on this forum ever again. Let his name forever go into obscurity.
Plan your work, work your plan.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Lindsey who?
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Rotorooter wrote:
I care not. His name should never be discussed on this forum ever again. Let his name forever go into obscurity.
Lindsey Scott Jr, of Zachary, LA. Good HS QB as I recall.

The day he enrolls at Southern U. I will absolutely mention/discuss him.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Rotorooter wrote:
Lest we forget what it was like to be eighteen, I’d wish anyone good luck in whatever they might choose. If they make the decision to join our Greenies, great. There might be a handful of decisions I’d like to have back over six decades but then I wouldn’t be who I am. The kid will learn soon enough if he is living the life he wants with plenty of time to course correct.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium