Damian Tate has New Home?

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Billow
Coach Level

Damian Tate has New Home?

Post by Billow »

Yes, one our prized recruits who did not enroll at Tulane, who we all thought was headed to a JC, tweeted that he is now a student athletic at Grambling. Amazing
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Damian Tate has New Home?

Post by Baywave1 »

Don't FCS schools have similar Clearinghouse requirements that FBS schools have? (I don't know. I'm asking.) If so and he is eligible immediately then should we infer that he did not meet Tulane admit requirements while satisfying NCAA ones?

Regardless, he is going to a Louisiana college and I wish him well. Hope he finishes with a diploma and does not leave early.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

His issue was an NCAA issue from what I remember. FCS may have different requirements than FBS.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

waverider wrote:His issue was an NCAA issue from what I remember. FCS may have different requirements than FBS.
Or he may have won an appeal or gotten a waiver that we couldn't wait on.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

FBS and FCS have similar clearinghouse requirements. There are two possibilities: 1) he became eligible and can play immediately or 2) he qualified as an academic redshirt...meaning he can attend school but cannot play this year. FBS schools do not take (and possibly cannot) academic redshirts. I think that might be what happened and why he's at an FCS school instead of a JUCO.
This one belongs to the Wave.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TU23 wrote:FBS and FCS have similar clearinghouse requirements. There are two possibilities: 1) he became eligible and can play immediately or 2) he qualified as an academic redshirt...meaning he can attend school but cannot play this year. FBS schools do not take (and possibly cannot) academic redshirts. I think that might be what happened and why he's at an FCS school instead of a JUCO.
That's the old Prop 48, right? Not allowed anymore.