Number 10 ...

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
sr
Regent's Circle

Number 10 ...

Post by sr »

Darius Hodges ***ATH/LB - offer from Arkansas

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 78848?s=20

https://wew.hudl.com/profile/7531216/Darius-Hodges

https://twitter.com/dariusthejet/status ... 08577?s=20

Thinking Tulane needs to register the domain name of the University of Tulane... and BTW it's available.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Number 10 ...

Post by long green »

The “Roll Wave” machine seems to be broken but Willie Fritz did retweet Hodges’ commit tweet.

He is from Montgomery, AL, not Arkansas. He looks like a defensive end prospect which is an underrated need for this class.

https://247sports.com/Player/Darius-Hodges-46052088
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

No one said he was 'from' Arkansas. Said he had an 'offer' from Arkansas.

Was thinking the same thoughts about being moved to DE. Probably why they had an 'ATH' in his bio.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

sr wrote:No one said he was 'from' Arkansas. Said he had an 'offer' from Arkansas.

Was thinking the same thoughts about being moved to DE. Probably why they had an 'ATH' in his bio.
My bad. The first thing I look for when a newish name pops up is where the player is from.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Listening to Lee Brecheen on the radio, he mentioned that LA will have more kids sign D1 this year than at anytime over the past 30 years. He said that 5 of John Ehret’s front 7 defense would all sign with SEC schools. To date, we have 3 LA kids committed out of a total of 10. Those are Spears from Ponchatoula, Orgeron from Curtis, and Mango from Ferriday. How do these three rank statewide and has WF and his staff made any significant in-roads in the New Orleans area or the State? Given our commitment geography, WF and his staff made some great contacts in Georgia and Alabama while he was head coach at Georgia Southern. If Brecheen is correct, we should be getting more in-state kids. Maybe 10 of the next 15 will be LA kids. I was hoping to see more connections at this point in Year 3. Are the grades/Tulane admission still a barricade?
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Are the grades/Tulane admission still a barricade?
Hopefully, this is a rhetorical question ...
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

sr wrote:
They aren't. We accept at NCCA minimums and have multiple new athlete friendly majors since the start of the CJ error.
We deserve so much better
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

wavedom wrote:
sr wrote:
They aren't. We accept at NCCA minimums and have multiple new athlete friendly majors since the start of the CJ error.
Maybe from Tulane's POV, but believe we need to consider the athlete's …
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

sr wrote:
wavedom wrote:
sr wrote:
We are. That's why they were instituted. The losing and lack of facilities are what hurt recruiting.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

wavedom wrote:
sr wrote:
wavedom wrote:
sr wrote:
We are. That's why they were instituted. The losing and lack of facilities are what hurt recruiting.
don't forget lack of scrimmaging
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Wavedom, the new facilities are hurting us more than helping us?
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

They certainly haven't helped. Football desperately needs that football ops. building but since we haven't heard a peep about fundraising I'd say it's not going well.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Darius is a 3 Star recruit with a solid P5 offer in hand which checks off most of what I look for. Welcome to the Tulane Family Darius.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Probably best pick-up of the entire class so far.

I hope WF gets the facilities he needs to compete in the AAC. It would be awesome if he did.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

From The Advocate --
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 622e7.html
Montgomery (Alabama) Park Crossing 3-star linebacker Darius Hodges tweeted he was “coming home” as he committed to Tulane on Sunday night.

He actually has no real memories of the short time he lived in Louisiana, but frequent return trips made him fall in love with the area after his mother moved him and his brother from Metairie to Alabama when he was 3 years old. His mom had earned a master’s degree at Xavier in New Orleans before getting a job in Montgomery.

"I always wanted to come back to live down there, and I’m doing it for college,” Hodges said. “We always made sure we came back down every year or two years for Mardi Gras to celebrate.”

Tulane’s higher profile under third-year coach Willie Fritz made his choice easier. Offered by Arkansas, he committed to Tulane a day after an official visit that included watching the Green Wave beat Nicholls State 42-17 at Yulman Stadium.
“I liked the tempo of the defense,” he said. “They fly to the ball. The linebackers don’t really read and react. They attack. I like the defensive scheme they have.”

Listed at 6-foot-3, 240-pounds, Hodges plays inside linebacker for Park Crossing but said Tulane’s coaches project him at Joker, the hybrid outside linebacker/end spot in the Wave’s base 3-4 defense. He considers pass rushing and pass coverage his dual strengths, using his height to get into passing lanes.

Troy and Georgia State also were interested in him, but he felt Tulane was his best fit.
“I feel comfortable down there,” he said. "The coaches treat you like family and seem like real people. I saw how the players operate with the coaches, and they were telling me the coaches are who they say they are and they stand on what they mean.”
Rated the 57th-best prospect in Alabama by Rivals.com, he does not plan on a long apprenticeship when he arrives at Tulane.

“One reason I picked Tulane is they want me to come in and play and not redshirt and sit out,” he said. “That’s one thing that’s big to me, coming in and playing.” Hodges is the 10th commitment and the second projected defensive player in the Wave’s 2019 class, joining John Curtis defensive tackle Colby Orgeron.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

like his size.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.