Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2019 Football Recruiting
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:46 am 
President's Circle

With a couple of months left to signing date, can anyone provide any information as to how many will we sign and what players are we involved with. I know there are a lot of rumors floating around and we may surprise some people. The one thing that is mum is the QB recruiting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:20 am 
Riptide Level

No one seems to have responded to this post. Does anyone have anything? We have some definite needs - QB, WR, OL (even with our current commits), TE ( to replace two graduating TEs), LB (to replace Zach Harris and for depth), and secondary (to replace Teamer and Lewis). Those are minimums. Who may fill these needs?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:21 pm 
President's Circle

Coaches will be out and about during our off week watching games and doing a ton of recruiting. I have no idea how we are going to finish up with recruiting but here are some things I've noticed/heard:

QB: Keep an eye on Kinkead Dent (MS) and Kaiden Bennett (CA). Dent is more of a pocket passer but has mobility. Bennett is a great athlete. Both have several G5 offers. Of course, we are also trying really hard to pull Lance LeGendre, but I'll file that away under "unlikely" until we hear something more definitive.

WR: I think this position is pretty difficult to predict because we've offered so many of them. There are some guys who have been in touch with Tulane through the process and visited campus. I think Kash Foley, Duke Bell and Dajon Richard (recently de-committed from UTSA) are names to watch. We're recruiting a guy named Tifton Dobbs from Alabama who looks intriguing. He's 6'7 and runs better than you'd expect.

TE: Neal Johnson is a kid from Mesquite, TX we've been recruiting and has been on campus. He's a good athlete who has played multiple positions in HS. He's a lot like Tyrick James. Our current TE commit, Conner Richardson, looks a bit slow on tape so far. Great size, though at 6'6 240.

LB: We have Darius Hodges committed at LB, but he's going to end up playing rush end. Nick Curtis from Hoover, AL could be a name to watch (PJ Hall and KJ Vault's alma mater).

Secondary: Tyler Scott is someone we've been after hard and who could commit to a school soon. He'd be a great get at safety. Braxton Ragland is a kid we've recruited hard (former Ole Miss commit). We're going to play Freddie Mango at safety, so he's locked up one spot. Some schools see Dajon Richard as a corner, so he could fit in here too.

Just my 2 cents. We might sign a smaller December class than last year and have more slots open for February. Staff always surprises me when it comes time for visits. Anything can happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 pm 
Regent's Circle

Thanks TU23 !!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:38 pm 
Riptide Level

TU23, I want to add my thanks.

I hope we see some tweets from prospects whom the coaches visit. That would be a good source. Also, if anyone sees such tweets, please include the link on the forum for those of us Neanderthals who do not tweet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am 
Regent's Circle

Ray wrote:
Thanks TU23 !!

+1. I don't comment much on these because I don't have much insight to offer, but I definitely appreciate the info from those who are in the know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:01 pm 
President's Circle

No one better than TU23 when it comes to analysis and recruiting. Thank you my friend!