Jalen McCleskey

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Jalen McCleskey

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
sr wrote:Guess his tuition is picked-up by Tulane on a tuition waiver due to his Dad working for the Wave … and not the Athletic Dept.
interesting point he could be a walkon like riley conroy or a full scholarship guy like scelfo was If the former it would let Fritz bring in another body.
If he's on a non-athletic scholarship (like academic) and plays then he still counts towards the 85 limit. Would think (but don't know for sure) that a tuition waiver would be the same.
His father is a Tulane employee.. he's not on any scholarship. Isn't tuition free for kids of full time employees? Conroy wasn't on scholarship and did not count towards the 13.. even after his father left.
Counts against scholarship limit if:
In football or basketball, the student-athlete is recruited and is receiving institutional
financial aid granted without regard to athletics ability, but participates in varsity
competition. If the student-athlete does not compete and the institution has on record
certification that the student was admitted and received financial aid without regard in
any degree to athletics ability, counter status is not activated.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

FW wrote:I didn't realize he has 167 career catches and is 6th all-time in Oklahoma State history. Had 29-253 as a freshman, 73-812 as a sophomore, 50-645 as a junior and 15-155 this year before redshirting and transferring. So, 167-1,865 with 17 TD.
Think he knew Ruse would a gone pecan when he committed.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

McCleskey just graduated this Saturday from OSU and will enroll (I presume) for the Spring semester and be available for spring practice. The sooner he, McMillan, Howard and Daniels start throwing and catching the better.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

I thought I read Montano is enrolling in January as well. Hope so.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

Montano and McCleskey should be here in January as well as Kanyon Walker, the freshman from Florida. There may be others, but those 3 should be here at a minimum. Montano looks like a definite starter...very good player. Could end up kicking Dublin back to guard as he played center his first two years at Brown and played it very well. Much more natural lineup that way and it would allow us to prepare Sincere Haynesworth to take over for Montano in 2020.
This one belongs to the Wave.
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

JJ (dad) posted a pic on twitter of him and Jalen at a restaurant and Jalen is in a Tulane sweatshirt and he wrote welcome home. I’m beyond pumped for this pickup. Jalen and JMac have also been talking on twitter about getting to work. Jalen retweeted the Cure Bowl win tweet.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Yankeewave wrote:that would be great!

i wonder where brandon Wimbush from ND ends up next year. cannot imagine we will get another transfer qb and he is from NJ so no connections or anything
UCF
Victory is never permanent
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

He should’ve tried USF, who really need a QB.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Unread post by krewe of ham and eggs »

long green wrote:He should’ve tried USF, who really need a QB.
maybe he's more interested in winning a "national championship"
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt