2019 Master List - Football

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: 2019 Master List - Football

Post by windywave »

Kid from Loyola is in the Catholic League (and a perennial State Contender in the largest division). If we can get in with them and their conference mates.... oh boy oh boy.... BTW this kid and the New Trier kid means someone is working a specific area of Chicago (pleasantly surprising it is the area I've been harping on, maybe someone read my rants).
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

TU23 wrote:Jackson Fort, OL from Texas
Something about an O-Lineman named Fort that is appealing. 8)
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Pete, lmao
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Very crucial recruiting weekend with some big recruits on campus. Let’s start the wave rolling this weekend.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Hard to find any news about all the visitors we had this weekend. Any thing being reported in New Orleans or elsewhere?
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

Levinwilliams tweeted his commitment.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

GSx wrote:Levinwilliams tweeted his commitment.
offers from WVU and Iowa State. nice
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Good ratings, good offers and best of all he committed to the University of Tulane. The mark of a good player.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

hoping for some more commits
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Fritz believes we'll sign our full allotment in the early period, so either we have some silent commits (like Moody and Cam Sample a few years ago) or we expect some good news in the next week or two. This weekend coming up is going to be our big weekend because if the bowl. Hopefully we can secure 8-10 commits between now and next Monday. We currently sit at 10.
This one belongs to the Wave.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

Can someone please clarify how many of the names on the "2019 master list" here will count toward our scholarship limit of 25? Thanks for your help.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Wow TU23, that's an interesting bit of news. Fritz must love this early signing period rule change.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Fritz covered recruiting (including wanting to sign all 25 this period; maybe 1-2 hold over for next period) a bit in this bowl game press conference. Encourage watching/reading transcript if you have not already/didn't see live. It's on the official site.

Another interesting thing he talked about was the need for tall receivers. While that's been his m.o. in his first couple of classes, this years class is filled with a number of smaller (but super fast) guys. We did have a tall receiver or two on campus this weekend.

Also mentioned the recruits this weekend actually got to see us practice. Something we've never been able to do before. I suspect they'll do that again this weekend. Another perk of making a bowl game!
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

25 for early signing period is an interesting "public" goal. I would assume he is trying to create momentum among the fence sitters to let them know that MLTN there won't be space available at Tulane in February while they wait for last minute P5 offers. May it work.

P.S., This strategy has been massively successful on academic side. Early Decision has put a stake through the heart of those Ivy League aspirants who view Tulane as a "safety school" to fall back to when they receive the Ivy decline letters in the spring. Ain't dere no more.

Consequently quality of student body as demonstrated by test scores and the like has continued to uptick every year since Tulane started to emphasize the Early Decision recruiting strategy.
Last edited by Baywave1 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Baywave1 wrote:25 for early signing period is an interesting "public" goal. I would assume he is trying to create momentum among the fence sitters to let them know that MLTN there won't be space available at Tulane in February while they wait for last minute P5 offers. May it work.
I agree with this assessment.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

TU23 wrote:Fritz believes we'll sign our full allotment in the early period, so either we have some silent commits (like Moody and Cam Sample a few years ago) or we expect some good news in the next week or two. This weekend coming up is going to be our big weekend because if the bowl. Hopefully we can secure 8-10 commits between now and next Monday. We currently sit at 10.

As you know, my list is all encompassing and includes the three special team preferred walk-on’s, Howard, McCleskey, King, and Hodges. Who should I remove from the list that is not committed, and is Dable a preferred walk-on? Thanks as usual.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Here is the "official" list of commits:

Darius Hodges LB Alabama
Levi Williams CB Florida
Kiland Harrison WR Miss
Freddie Mango ATH/S Louisiana
Dante Wright WR Florida
Colby Orgeron OT Lousiana
Sincere Haynesworth OG/C Texas
Jackson Fort OL Texas
Conner Richardson TE Tennessee
Tyjae Spears RB Louisiana

Korey King jumped the gun and is not an official commit. He could end up being part of this class in the end depending on spots available and eligibility, etc. Javonte McGriff flipped to Georgia Southern a few weeks ago.

I think a couple of the guys above aren't going to be there at the end of this process. We are bringing in a ton of higher ranked guys at some of these positions for visits, so it could be a situation where we've both moved on but publicly the player remains a commit. Will have to wait and see.

There was an impressive list of guys on campus this week and if we can secure a few of them, I'm very encouraged about this class, but there's a LONG way to go.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Orgeron projects on the offensive side of the ball?
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

I would think we'd hold a couple of spots open for grad transfers; although maybe you can move those forward.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

tjtlja wrote:Orgeron projects on the offensive side of the ball?
Yes, that was in the article about his commitment.
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 9.amp.html
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Thanks
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

I told you guys that there were some potential de-commits coming. Kory King was never committed. Freddie Mango didn't have a great senior year and this was mutual. We asked Dante Wright to change positions (as is mentioned in another thread), and that is not something he wanted to do, so there was a split there. I think we're in better shape with some higher profile guys than people realize. Whether that translates into recruiting wins remains to be seen.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

also imagine that having Coach Hall come on board impacted our current recruiting
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Do you’ll think Coach Hall will have an impact on recruiting this year? I like the fact Fritz hired his guy before heading into this important period.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Coach Hall was on some pretty impressive recruits, hopefully he brings some of them along to TU.