Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 5896
Location: Wichita
GreenieBacker wrote:
Getting Lance would have been BIG for us.

Well, apparently it would not have been good for us...

_________________
#stopbunting
#stopPUNTING!
#freewindy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19123
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
gerryb323 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
Getting Lance would have been BIG for us.

Well, apparently it would not have been good for us...

Not qualifying grade wise is tough to recover from no matter what school might be interested in the kid’s on field talent. Now that I mentor and tutor at the local high school I wish I could say it’s an anomaly.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:27 am 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 25382
Location: New Orleans
One of the new offers was to DE/OT Jeff Woods of North Carolina. Woods made All-State at DE but the services call him an OT. I figured he'd look more like an OL But his highlights on defense are pretty impressive. He'd be more like a classic 3-4 DE. He was committed to ECU and also was offered by UConn.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:00 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 3536
With Sample, Johnson, Thomas, Hatcher, Monjarres, Singletarry, Wright, and Kubiet all returning, I wonder why we are making DE a priority in the late signing period. Our numbers and talent are very good at this position. We know QB, OL, and play makers (WR) are needed, but I thought the concentration would have been two OL, or LB. Nevertheless, I really hope we are sending out multiple offers on QB’s and not going all in on one recruit. We need a QB in every class, especially with the unexpected movement we see every year nationwide (last year should have taught us our lesson).

A couple of questions -

1. Are we still pursuing Zach Edwards?
2. Are we still looking at Chandler Whitfield? Malik Tolbert? Roger Yarde?
3. Is Trey Scott someone we save a spot for as long as we are in the running?


Last edited by tjtlja on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:24 am 
Online
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 3046
Location: Destin, FL
Fear the wave told us on signing day Hodges was in. Check the main signing day thread. Just will be announced in February but had signed.

Now the official account is wishing him a happy birthday. Something they could only do if he had signed.

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 04226?s=21


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 1258
Donny Z wrote:
Fear the wave told us on signing day Hodges was in. Check the main signing day thread. Just will be announced in February but had signed.

Now the official account is wishing him a happy birthday. Something they could only do if he had signed.

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 04226?s=21


Thanks Donny. That's exactly what I've been saying.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:59 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 3536
Yes, I found that out also after questioning it. Glad he is on board. This will be something new to consider with the early signing period.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:43 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:54 pm
Posts: 2756
tjtlja wrote:
With Sample, Johnson, Thomas, Hatcher, Monjarres, Singletarry, Wright, and Kubiet all returning, I wonder why we are making DE a priority in the late signing period. Our numbers and talent are very good at this position. We know QB, OL, and play makers (WR) are needed, but I thought the concentration would have been two OL, or LB. Nevertheless, I really hope we are sending out multiple offers on QB’s and not going all in on one recruit. We need a QB in every class, especially with the unexpected movement we see every year nationwide (last year should have taught us our lesson).

A couple of questions -

1. Are we still pursuing Zach Edwards?
2. Are we still looking at Chandler Whitfield? Malik Tolbert? Roger Yarde?
3. Is Trey Scott someone we save a spot for as long as we are in the running?


I wouldn't count too much on Singletary or Kubiet at least until they show more in practice. Hopefully they develop, but I think we'd definitely welcome an upgrade in the rotation.

Yes, we are still pursuing Zach Edwards.
I think we are pursuing Whitfield and Yarde. Not sure about Tolbert.
No clue about Scott anymore.

_________________
This one belongs to the Wave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 3536
Is this weekend the first weekend you can host visitors for the late signing period?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group