Targets - last remaining spots

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Targets - last remaining spots

Post by gerryb323 »

GreenieBacker wrote:Getting Lance would have been BIG for us.
Well, apparently it would not have been good for us...
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

gerryb323 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:Getting Lance would have been BIG for us.
Well, apparently it would not have been good for us...
Not qualifying grade wise is tough to recover from no matter what school might be interested in the kid’s on field talent. Now that I mentor and tutor at the local high school I wish I could say it’s an anomaly.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

One of the new offers was to DE/OT Jeff Woods of North Carolina. Woods made All-State at DE but the services call him an OT. I figured he'd look more like an OL But his highlights on defense are pretty impressive. He'd be more like a classic 3-4 DE. He was committed to ECU and also was offered by UConn.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

With Sample, Johnson, Thomas, Hatcher, Monjarres, Singletarry, Wright, and Kubiet all returning, I wonder why we are making DE a priority in the late signing period. Our numbers and talent are very good at this position. We know QB, OL, and play makers (WR) are needed, but I thought the concentration would have been two OL, or LB. Nevertheless, I really hope we are sending out multiple offers on QB’s and not going all in on one recruit. We need a QB in every class, especially with the unexpected movement we see every year nationwide (last year should have taught us our lesson).

A couple of questions -

1. Are we still pursuing Zach Edwards?
2. Are we still looking at Chandler Whitfield? Malik Tolbert? Roger Yarde?
3. Is Trey Scott someone we save a spot for as long as we are in the running?
Last edited by tjtlja on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Fear the wave told us on signing day Hodges was in. Check the main signing day thread. Just will be announced in February but had signed.

Now the official account is wishing him a happy birthday. Something they could only do if he had signed.

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 04226?s=21
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

Donny Z wrote:Fear the wave told us on signing day Hodges was in. Check the main signing day thread. Just will be announced in February but had signed.

Now the official account is wishing him a happy birthday. Something they could only do if he had signed.

https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 04226?s=21
Thanks Donny. That's exactly what I've been saying.
We deserve so much better
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Yes, I found that out also after questioning it. Glad he is on board. This will be something new to consider with the early signing period.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

tjtlja wrote:With Sample, Johnson, Thomas, Hatcher, Monjarres, Singletarry, Wright, and Kubiet all returning, I wonder why we are making DE a priority in the late signing period. Our numbers and talent are very good at this position. We know QB, OL, and play makers (WR) are needed, but I thought the concentration would have been two OL, or LB. Nevertheless, I really hope we are sending out multiple offers on QB’s and not going all in on one recruit. We need a QB in every class, especially with the unexpected movement we see every year nationwide (last year should have taught us our lesson).

A couple of questions -

1. Are we still pursuing Zach Edwards?
2. Are we still looking at Chandler Whitfield? Malik Tolbert? Roger Yarde?
3. Is Trey Scott someone we save a spot for as long as we are in the running?
I wouldn't count too much on Singletary or Kubiet at least until they show more in practice. Hopefully they develop, but I think we'd definitely welcome an upgrade in the rotation.

Yes, we are still pursuing Zach Edwards.
I think we are pursuing Whitfield and Yarde. Not sure about Tolbert.
No clue about Scott anymore.
This one belongs to the Wave.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Is this weekend the first weekend you can host visitors for the late signing period?