Targets - last remaining spots

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Targets - last remaining spots

Post by RI WAVE »

Any ideas on who we are pursuing for the final open FB scholarship spots?

Just curious if y'all have some intelligence in this covert operation?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Targets - last remaining spots

Post by TUPF »

I don’t know, I wasn’t there, I have no knowledge of any such operation. :lol:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

threadjack, but TUPF, did you see that Ballard came out and said that the discovery of the Titanic was funded by the government in searching for the two lost subs? your top secret comment reminded me of that (also, there was a book written by a Tulane grad, so kind of related) :mrgreen:

i think we need TU23 to chime in on the recruiting.
Billow
Coach Level

Post by Billow »

The player from Hammond or one from Ft. Lauderdale. Another OL and possibly a QB with another LB.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Yankeewave wrote:threadjack, but TUPF, did you see that Ballard came out and said that the discovery of the Titanic was funded by the government in searching for the two lost subs? your top secret comment reminded me of that (also, there was a book written by a Tulane grad, so kind of related) :mrgreen:
Glomar Explorer.

Blind Man’s Bluff, Chris Drew, Tulane A&S 1977. We’ve met.

I don’t know, I wasn’t there, I have no knowledge of any such operation.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Yankeewave wrote:threadjack, but TUPF, did you see that Ballard came out and said that the discovery of the Titanic was funded by the government in searching for the two lost subs? your top secret comment reminded me of that (also, there was a book written by a Tulane grad, so kind of related) :mrgreen:

i think we need TU23 to chime in on the recruiting.
That's not news. You have to stay more current
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
Glomar Explorer.

False. Glomar Explorer was the Soviet boomer that may or may not have gone rogue and was looking to launch a first strike.

Yankee ia talking thresher and scorpion and the fact the Navy funded his exploration in exchange for finding the boats and he had like 3 days left to find Titanic.

Great book
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Glomar Explorer.

False. Glomar Explorer was the Soviet boomer that may or may not have gone rogue and was looking to launch a first strike.

Yankee ia talking thresher and scorpion and the fact the Navy funded his exploration in exchange for finding the boats and he had like 3 days left to find Titanic.

Great book
Glomar was manganese mining cover story
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Glomar Explorer.

Great book
Well aware.
#cousins don't count
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

Don't know if it's true or not but we have two commits in LB/DE Hodges and a Fla S . Will try to get a good QB and last slot BPA.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Glomar Explorer.

Great book
Well aware.
Not correcting you
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Glomar Explorer.

Great book
Well aware.
Not correcting you
You missed the best word of the cover story
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Glomar Explorer.

Great book
Well aware.
Not correcting you
Nodule?
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

My son-in-law used to work at the Office of National Intelligence years ago. When I read Blind Man's Bluff, I gave it to him. He kept saying, "This is all top secret, this shouldn't be in the book". He was stunned that it was all in a book that was sold to public.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Glomar Explorer.

Great book
Well aware.
Not correcting you
Nodule?
Yes
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Cheerleader wrote:My son-in-law used to work at the Office of National Intelligence years ago. When I read Blind Man's Bluff, I gave it to him. He kept saying, "This is all top secret, this shouldn't be in the book". He was stunned that it was all in a book that was sold to public.
Just imagine what didn't make the book
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:My son-in-law used to work at the Office of National Intelligence years ago. When I read Blind Man's Bluff, I gave it to him. He kept saying, "This is all top secret, this shouldn't be in the book". He was stunned that it was all in a book that was sold to public.
Just imagine what didn't make the book
I lived it. Or maybe not.

The fellowship of the Cold War Submariner is strong and the legacy lives on through today. The boomer sailors drilling holes in the ocean undetected with each boat having more destructive power than was ever unleashed in all previous wars combined; the fast attack boats carrying on the mission of hunter killer. Boats like Parche have been replaced by boats like the Jimmy Carter. Pro tip: if you ever hear of a modern day fast attack returning to port flying the Jolly Rogers you can bet they earned their pay and then some.

That is all.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

BTW, apropos of the total threadjack. Ask any submariner and he/she will say there are two types of ships: submarines and targets.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Name the Florida safety, please.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

LG, he has to be referring to Tyler Scott. And no one knows what is going on with this kid. Was suppose to commit to us very early on and never pulled the trigger for reasons unknown.

Didn’t Hodges sign?
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

tjtlja wrote:LG, he has to be referring to Tyler Scott. And no one knows what is going on with this kid. Was suppose to commit to us very early on and never pulled the trigger for reasons unknown.

Didn’t Hodges sign?
Yes !!
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

Hodges did not sign he said he wanted to sign with teammates in the late period. Every site has him as a hard commit.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Looking at the official press release from Tulane, Hodges did not sign. Eighteen high school kids did sign. G-Wave, why didn’t Scott sign early?
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

Wanted to do it front of players and classmates and pick his school from a bunch of hats. But remember signing is still a month away and things can change.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

Maybe he did sign to reserve his spot in our class, but requested it not be announced until February for the reasons stated here.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight