Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:11 am 
President's Circle

Heading into the weekend, mum has been the word. Little information has been available. This is my best guess as we head toward signing day -

1. We will not sign a QB.
2. We are very much involved with several DE’s. I think we will sign two of them. The three contenders are Dalmont Gourdine, Immanuel Hickman, and Marcus Harris.
3. Unfortunately, I don’t think we get Tyler Scott. There just doesn’t seem like there is any interest on his part. Hope I am wrong.
4. Players we were involved with like Roger Yarde, Chandler Whitfield, and Charvis Thornton look like they have lost traction on one end or the other.
5. I would love to get Ryan Alexander from South Alabama. We need another OL, and he is a good one. I think in the end we lose him to Syracuse. He is from New York and that doesn’t help.
6. The largest fish out there (that we know about) is Zach Edwards. Really hope he visits this weekend. He would be a great get.
7. This staff has always surprised us with names no one is familiar with on signing day. I think this is somewhat more difficult given all the kids that sign in December. We shall see.

My best guess is we sign two guys and we wait until summer to add two more grad transfers. Of course, all of this is speculation.

If anyone knows who will visit this weekend, please post it here. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:12 pm 
President's Circle

1. Correct...unless Hall loves Jack Mashburn enough to offer.
2. I agree with this. 2 D-Linemen. Gourdine is most likely.
3. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tyler Scott doesn’t play college football. He doesn’t seem interested.
4. We’ll see if Yarde or Thornton visit this weekend. Whitfield doesn’t have an offer.
5. Alexander is going to play out in May. He can’t sign because he hasn’t graduated yet.
6. Edwards visited on the first weekend of visits with Jalil Clemons. I think Edwards is a heavy Louisville lean after his visit there.
7. There are always kids we (as fans) don’t anticipate or don’t know about who visit and end up committing.

I think Fritz has shown that he’s not going to reach for anyone. If we don’t love 4 players, we won’t take 4. We can always give the scholarship to a walk on senior and flip it.