Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 am 
Regent's Circle

This will shed a little light on why Tulane …

https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/1092564497611612161?s=20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:07 am 
Regent's Circle

Smith's tweet is basically a quick summary of a detailed and interesting interview with Knutson on his pay site. Worth the whole read.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:38 am 
Regent's Circle

PJR wrote:
That would not make any sense for a person that has already graduated for a university.

What?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:39 am 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
I thought the graduate program had to be one that wasn't offered at your original school

I'm sure our b school offers programs that uva's doesn't. The energy trading program, for one.

From my internet sleuthing, it appears the rule has changed where it doesn't have to be a different degree/program

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:21 pm 
Emerald Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
windywave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
FW wrote:
Yes, sorry, those were his HS offers

Yes, my bad. Still would like to know why.

Why he went to UVA?

*SIGH*

No, why he is leaving UVA to come to Tulane, choosing us among other institutional options, including, but not limited to, remaining at UVA, all schools that recruited him out of high school, all other FBS institutions, FCS, D-III, the NFL, the CFL, the Europe leagues of American football or quitting the sport all together.

Do you ask that about every athlete?

Nope. Just because it is him, just because it is now, just because I am curious.

Is there a problem?

Find it to be odd and possibly insulting to my alma mater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:48 pm 
Regent's Circle

Windy, When I saw you posted, I thought it was you running victory laps about Tulane landing its physically biggest ever Midwest lineman. Guerry Smith quoted Knutson as saying even though he was born in Slidell and comfortable with NOLA area, he considers himself a South Bend native.

You have any 6'10" folks to refer to Fritz now? :green wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm 
President's Circle

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/what-did-tulane-graduate-transfer-lineman-ben-knutson-like-about-visit-new-coaches.html

attached is the nola.com article. the hidden gem in there is that we're getting Dontrell Hilliard back!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm 
Regent's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/02/what-did-tulane-graduate-transfer-lineman-ben-knutson-like-about-visit-new-coaches.html

attached is the nola.com article. the hidden gem in there is that we're getting Dontrell Hilliard back!!!!

Hah! Dabe is not a bad reporter but virtually every paper has fired their entire editing staff except for the assignments manager. I'm sure this will be fixed online because of alert readers like Krewe.

Meanwhile if you saw the photo of Knutson with our new coach, Cody Kennedy, it was obvious that if Knutson was 6'9" then Lindsey Scott is 5'11". (Just a bone for you Missouri fans out there!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:54 pm 
President's Circle

"His decision to leave Virginia came with the support of the coaches there, as Knutson said they understood his desire to find a graduate business degree program that fit what he was looking for."

Huh. And I thought grad transferring was only about football. Son of a gun, you learn something new every day.

Did not see anything on Hilliard. What's his story?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 pm 
President's Circle

Rotorooter wrote:

"His decision to leave Virginia came with the support of the coaches there, as Knutson said they understood his desire to find a graduate business degree program that fit what he was looking for."

Huh. And I thought grad transferring was only about football. Son of a gun, you learn something new every day.

Quote:
Among returning players on offense are quarterback Justin McMillan and running backs Dontrell Hilliard and Corey Dauphine. Also back is wideout Darnell Mooney, who will be joined by incoming graduate transfer wideout Jalen McCleskey from Oklahoma State. Tulane last season reached a bowl game and won for the first time since 2002

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:58 pm 
President's Circle

Rotorooter wrote:

Quote:
Among returning players on offense are quarterback Justin McMillan and running backs Dontrell Hilliard and Corey Dauphine. Also back is wideout Darnell Mooney, who will be joined by incoming graduate transfer wideout Jalen McCleskey from Oklahoma State. Tulane last season reached a bowl game and won for the first time since 2002

Man, if only.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:59 pm 
President's Circle

in his initial tweet stating he was going to transfer from UVA he said "it has become apparent to me and my family that I must make a 40 year decision when it comes to selecting my masters program"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

in his initial tweet stating he was going to transfer from UVA he said "it has become apparent to me and my family that I must make a 40 year decision when it comes to selecting my masters program"

Great to hear the sales pitch tag line is sticking. Though surprised to hear it in light of UVA generally being a respected academic school.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:

Quote:

Man, if only.

Wonder if Cleveland will be upset?