Jordan Wright

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Jordan Wright

Post by Donny Z »

Billow
Coach Level

Re: Jordan Wright

Post by Billow »

He will remind Tulane fans of Paul Thompson with a little thicker body. More like 6’5 210
klazaroe
Crest Level

Post by klazaroe »

He will be one of the best players Tulane has signed in many years. I’ve coached against him for years and the kid can play. He gave us fits and my AAU team consisted of Jalen Cook from Walker and Javonte Smart. He is as good as both of them.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

klazaroe wrote:He will be one of the best players Tulane has signed in many years. I’ve coached against him for years and the kid can play. He gave us fits and my AAU team consisted of Jalen Cook from Walker and Javonte Smart. He is as good as both of them.
You couldn't convince Smart to check us out? Must have been some strong-a$$ offer
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
klazaroe
Crest Level

Post by klazaroe »

Lol. There’s lot of pressure on kids playing basketball in Baton Rouge to stay in Baton Rouge
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

gerryb323 wrote:
klazaroe wrote:He will be one of the best players Tulane has signed in many years. I’ve coached against him for years and the kid can play. He gave us fits and my AAU team consisted of Jalen Cook from Walker and Javonte Smart. He is as good as both of them.
You couldn't convince Smart to check us out? Must have been some strong-a$$ offer
I'm not doing any extra effort for it, but here's a :thumbsup: ... virtual "well played" meme with DiCaprio
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
I'm not doing any extra effort for it, but here's a :thumbsup: ... virtual "well played" meme with DiCaprio
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

klazaroe wrote:Lol. There’s lot of pressure on kids playing basketball in Baton Rouge to stay in Baton Rouge
Yeah, um, let's just call it "pressure" until this whole Federal trial thing blows over. :green wink:

$trong-a$$ pre$$ure.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

I wonder what this guy's signing will do for Caleb Daniels' thought process in regards to maybe sticking around?
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Post by angrywavedad »

I'm reminded of Coach Hunter's strong words about the need to recruit locally.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

3 Star recruit with nice offers in addition to ours plus I like his size he can play in the pretty physical AAC. Very nice pick up and a little surprising since he's from B.R. and Hunter's contacts seem to be in GA? Could this be the work of the new Assistant with ties in LA?
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
angrywavedad
Breaker Level

Post by angrywavedad »

GreenieBacker wrote:3 Star recruit with nice offers in addition to ours plus I like his size he can play in the pretty physical AAC. Very nice pick up and a little surprising since he's from B.R. and Hunter's contacts seem to be in GA? Could this be the work of the new Assistant with ties in LA?
He hasn't comitted yet. Says he's choosing between Tulane and Vanderbilt.

It would be safe to assume that Coach Kevin Johnson (formerly of ULL, Nichols, LaTech and Centenary) has been involved.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

thanks for the clarification, I missed that.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

I believe he originally committed to Texas A&M before Billy Kennedy left.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Obviously, this would be a huge pickup. If Hunter can pull this off this late in the game, that would be something else. I think our chances against Vandy will be very tough. Hopefully, he wants to stay close to home and start the rebuild. That being said, 247 has him 100% to Vandy.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

I've been fooled by this before, but his twitter activity (based on who he's following lately, etc.) is a HEAVY Tulane lean. Wright states in his Vandy Rivals interview that he's from New Orleans and that it would be special to play in front of his family and friends. Vandy just got in the mix, too, which helps. They haven't been on him for months. I'd put the odds at 75/25 Tulane.
This one belongs to the Wave.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

TU23 wrote:I've been fooled by this before, but his twitter activity (based on who he's following lately, etc.) is a HEAVY Tulane lean. Wright states in his Vandy Rivals interview that he's from New Orleans and that it would be special to play in front of his family and friends. Vandy just got in the mix, too, which helps. They haven't been on him for months. I'd put the odds at 75/25 Tulane.
You're a breath of fresh air around here - two three. Thanks.
klazaroe
Crest Level

Post by klazaroe »

I would be shocked if he doesn’t pick Tulane. Very close family. The chance to play in front of family will be very important to him.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

klazaroe wrote:I would be shocked if he doesn’t pick Tulane. Very close family. The chance to play in front of family will be very important to him.
So you're saying Vandy doesn't play like the rest of the $EC?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

One fact about Vandy - they had the same conference record as Tulane. I'd rather spend my time in New Orleans - especially with Jazz Fest starting up and the Zurich Classic.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

sr wrote:One fact about Vandy - they had the same conference record as Tulane. I'd rather spend my time in New Orleans - especially with Jazz Fest starting up and the Zurich Classic.
Yeah, nothing appeals to the aspiring college basketball player like Jazzfest and golf.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

ml wave wrote:
sr wrote:One fact about Vandy - they had the same conference record as Tulane. I'd rather spend my time in New Orleans - especially with Jazz Fest starting up and the Zurich Classic.
Yeah, nothing appeals to the aspiring college basketball player like Jazzfest and golf.
Amen. Urban ballers definitely yearn to spend Saturday night at the Opry after a fun filled weekend afternoon contemplating the faux Parthenon in the Athens of the South.

Glad to learn early that Vandy is a slam dunk here. It’ll keep the crowds down while I head to Zurich this morning and then on to Jazz Fest.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

I don't think Orleans Darkwa had any regrets about leaving Nashville's twang for the urban beat of New Orleans for his college career. Funniest thing about Nashville was the restaurants there called "meat and three"...when I first moved there I wondered what the "three" was. well, it's 3 vegetables...such creative cuisine. not.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Maybe it takes being away from New Orleans to appreciate the cuisine even more but I knew it then and my travels have only enforced it. Here on the Maryland Eastern Shore if it’s not doused in Old Bay it’s a difficult sell. :wink:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

TU23 wrote:I've been fooled by this before, but his twitter activity (based on who he's following lately, etc.) is a HEAVY Tulane lean. Wright states in his Vandy Rivals interview that he's from New Orleans and that it would be special to play in front of his family and friends. Vandy just got in the mix, too, which helps. They haven't been on him for months. I'd put the odds at 75/25 Tulane.
He retweeted my gif of Tulane basketball players, and he's been liking and retweeting a lot of pro-Tulane stuff. It could mean nothing, as I've seen no Vandy fans interact with him.