Mason Narcisse - DL - St. Charles Catholic -

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
sr
Regent's Circle

Mason Narcisse - DL - St. Charles Catholic -

Unread post by sr »

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Mason Narcisse - DL - St. Charles Catholic -

Unread post by PeteRasche »

This was a big "want" amongst the recruiting followers, was it not?
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Originally committed to La Tech
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Now we have six DL commits (excluding any candidates for the Joker slot). Since it was so popular for me to say we wouldn’t sign six OL’s the same people should love it when I say that I doubt we sign all six of these guys, either.

Narcisse can move and has a good frame. After a year here he should be big enough to play in the middle though I think he’s capable enough to play more than one position. He is the second in-state DL prospect to switch from a state school g5 to us (Noah Taliancich, from ULL). 12 1-a offers, two other AAC’s offered, plus Colorado.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8416844/5c ... 031c149710
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

Offers from Colorado, UCF, Memphis, USM, Colorado State, and others.
djh
Coach Level

Unread post by djh »

PeteRasche wrote:This was a big "want" amongst the recruiting followers, was it not?
Yes, very big, I don't know why rivals has him as a 2*. 247 has him as a 3*. I mean look at the offers and he was All-State last year. Oh well !!!!
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

For the football recruiting gurus, how come football seems to have so many more guys reopen their recruitment compared to basketball (other than because of a coaching change). I get that there are a lot more recruits, but as a percentage it seems to be way more. Conversely, basketball seems to have a lot more guys transfer after entering college.

Is it as simple as one guy gets a P-5 offer and decommits from a non-P-5 leaving that spot for somebody that only previously had lower offers and it kind of snowballs from there.

AAU basketball makes it easier to identify top players at a younger age than football?

The fact that it is so prevalent in football that it become a self fulfilling prophecy?

Some combination of all of that?
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Everyone says games are won in the trenches. Linemen on both sides are harder to come by than dbs etc. coaches must feel like we need a bunch of them.

Three years ago we would have been over the moon to get him, no?
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

yes - local, all-state and a stud - RollWave!
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Yankeewave wrote:Everyone says games are won in the trenches. Linemen on both sides are harder to come by than dbs etc. coaches must feel like we need a bunch of them.

Dude, we struck out on guys like him all over thr place 3 years ago. Getting just one, the right one, might have made the difference and got us to a bowl in 2017. We're building the next really good DL here. Yeah, I'm pleased.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GSx
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GSx »

djh wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:This was a big "want" amongst the recruiting followers, was it not?
Yes, very big, I don't know why rivals has him as a 2*. 247 has him as a 3*. I mean look at the offers and he was All-State last year. Oh well !!!!
He's actually rated lower than expected on 247 too (81.99 lowers our average). He certainly has the offers, though.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

long green wrote:
Yankeewave wrote:Everyone says games are won in the trenches. Linemen on both sides are harder to come by than dbs etc. coaches must feel like we need a bunch of them.

Dude, we struck out on guys like him all over thr place 3 years ago. Getting just one, the right one, might have made the difference and got us to a bowl in 2017. We're building the next really good DL here. Yeah, I'm pleased.
Joseph Bulovas is the guy that Fritz recruited very hard that would have put Tulane in a bowl in 2017.

No view here on Lindsey Scott and the 2017 bowl criterion..... :green wink:
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

GSx wrote:
djh wrote:
He's actually rated lower than expected on 247 too (81.99 lowers our average). He certainly has the offers, though.
I was wondering if the rating had to do with his commitment to La Tech (as would have been with most non-P5 schools).
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Baywave1 wrote:
long green wrote:

Joseph Bulovas is the guy that Fritz recruited very hard that would have put Tulane in a bowl in 2017.

No view here on Lindsey Scott and the 2017 bowl criterion..... :green wink:
Speaking of, he stayed at missouri, huh?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

4th string still apparently. May not even see field if Clemson transfer stays healthy. Not much risk to predict he’ll be in portal next year.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

He'll be the starting QB for Nichols or Southern next year.
This one belongs to the Wave.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

NJwave wrote:For the football recruiting gurus, how come football seems to have so many more guys reopen their recruitment compared to basketball (other than because of a coaching change). I get that there are a lot more recruits, but as a percentage it seems to be way more. Conversely, basketball seems to have a lot more guys transfer after entering college.

Is it as simple as one guy gets a P-5 offer and decommits from a non-P-5 leaving that spot for somebody that only previously had lower offers and it kind of snowballs from there.

AAU basketball makes it easier to identify top players at a younger age than football?

The fact that it is so prevalent in football that it become a self fulfilling prophecy?

Some combination of all of that?
The culture in basketball is to respect commitments so most/all coaches will stop recruiting a kid once he's committed elsewhere. Not so much in football.