Basketball Recruiting Info

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Basketball Recruiting Info

Post by TUPF »

randymc wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:30 pm heck, I am enjoying all the movement; there's been times the last quarter century I wished Tulane's entire roster would turn over; now, I think Coach Hunter has a core of players who could really progress the next year or 2. add the right pieces and it'll be fun again.
Ah, but hanging onto the core is the key. Unfortunately the core usually are the ones with the most options to leave. I'm thinking about the kid who left to Villanova among many others. Are we better this year than last? A little. At least we weren't firmly in last place again. I know I say I root for the uniform but it's gotten to the point where we should just do like West Point/Army and put Tulane where the name goes.

I wonder if all this transferring around devalues recruiting. Just spitballing here but why put in all the effort recruiting a kid throughout high school and AAU with all that entails, just to have him leave after riding the pine or even after having a breakout season? Why not just constantly troll the transfer portals, pickup the rebounds, and repopulate every year? Not sure I believe what I'm writing but all this movement makes me question what it would be like to put years into recruiting a kid and then have him pull the ripcord after a year, or worse yet after he has a little success and he sees greener pastures elsewhere.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Last season over 1,000 D1 players transferred. This year should be higher. I think it is a combination of kids wanting to play right away and the 1 year waiver being put on hold last season (and maybe this season too). I could be wrong.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Talented but often injured 6-8 240# JR PF Alexis Yetna is now the sixth player to announce he is transferring from USF.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

6-7 Sophomore SF Christian Brown was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school. He signed with Georgia where he played limited minutes this past season. He is transferring. HC Hunter recruited him at Georgia State.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Tulsa swing man FR Christian Shumate is transferring. PG’s Trevin Wade and Remy Robert II are transferring from Wichita State.
Last edited by doc on Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

6-8 210# SR PF Josh Linder is transferring from Tennessee State. He originally signed with GA State out of high school. He averaged 6.3 ppg and 3.6 rbg last season, playing 23 minutes per game.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

6-5 SOPH SG Anderson Kopp is transferring from Lamar. Tulane offered him out of high school. He averaged 10ppg and 4rbg this past season.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Another Lamar transfer with the dismissal of HC Tic Price - 6-1 200# FR PG Kasen Harrison was the Southland Conference Freshman of the Year. He averaged 13 ppg and hit nearly 50% of his shot from behind the arc in limited attempts. He signed with hometown Lamar out of high school. I will be interested in seeing where he ends up.
Last edited by doc on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Already 50 transfers today and counting....
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

doc wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:21 pm Already 50 transfers today and counting....
Are any of them over 6'9", have any athletic ability and want an MBA, a law degree or want to be a doctor?
Plan your work, work your plan.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Brendan Adams is a 6-4 195# JR PG transferring from U Conn. He played about 20 mpg this past season. Tulane had interest in him coming out of high school, but dit not offer.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Tye Fagan is a 6-3 195 JR G transferring from Georgia. He played 22 minute per game this past season and averaged 9.2 ppg and 4.3 rpg. Georgia State offered him out of high school.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Rodney Chatman is a 6-1 178# RS SR PG transferring out of Dayton. GA State had interest in him coming out of high school. He is originally from the State of Georgia.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

JR PG Darius McNeill is leaving SMU. SF Austin Richie is transferring out of Tulsa. Tulsa FR. PF Bradley Alcime is transferring.
Last edited by doc on Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

So to date no player from this year's roster at Tulane has entered the portal other than Koka to Detroit at mid year? Correct? In this era of free agency, I will be astounded if that stays true through the summer.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

This is a very interesting transfer. Ja’Queze Kirby, a 6-6 190# FR SF is transferring from Murray State. He was recruited by HC Hunter at GA State and at Tulane. He is originally from, GA. He played minimally at Murray State his freshman season He is thin but really athletic and plays with great energy. He is reportedly an excellent passer. I am intrigued by this transfer.
Last edited by doc on Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

64 D-1 transfers already today and counting.....
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

6-5 Sophomore G Charles Smith IV is transferring from SMU. He is originally from the State of Georgia and he was a highly recruited 4* SG out of high school. Tulane offered him then This past season he played 14 minutes a game at SMU. He is reportedly extremely athletic.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

ECU SR SG Bitumba Barutti is transferring. Tulsa FR PG Keyshawn Williams is transferring. ECU FR G Noah Farrakhan is transferring.
Last edited by doc on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Pitt Panther RS SOPH 6-8 215# PF Abdoul Karim Coulibaly is transferring. He was offered by Tulane HC Dunleavey out of high school. He played 22 minutes per game this past season and averaged 5.2ppg and 3.9 Rbg.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

45 more transfers today and counting....
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Missouri has offered Green Bay SG transfer Amari Davis who Tulane offered a couple of weeks ago. Missouri HC Cuonzo Martin is a very good recruiter.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

52 D-1 Men’s Hoops transfers today and counting.....
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

doc wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:40 pm Missouri has offered Green Bay SG transfer Amari Davis who Tulane offered a couple of weeks ago. Missouri HC Cuonzo Martin is a very good recruiter.
Looks like he committed to Missouri.
doc
Coach Level

Post by doc »

Amari Davis to Missouri was not surprising. After Tulane offered it seemed Davis was still looking around. Once Cuonzo Martin got involved, I thought it would go in that direction as he can be “very persuasive.” Davis is a left handed slashing guard who is just learning to shoot from the perimeter. He has a lot of upside if he can develop his shot.
Last edited by doc on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.