Everything Melvin does is "flexworthy"

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Everything Melvin does is "flexworthy"

Post by Baywave1 »

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Everything Melvin does is "flexworthy"

Post by Baywave1 »

TP did send reporter to game. Halm liked the flexing too.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

One of our many complaints under recent regimes is that the kids don’t get any better.

If there is any better example of kids improving their game under a Tulane coaching staff than Melvin, I sure haven’t seen it.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Wavemania
President's Circle

Post by Wavemania »

Though it is still early in the season, I must admit MD is doing a great job of coaching these young men up. I do like the way they play defense and share the ball. Think I may actually have to go catch a few games. Too bad they don't play UNO. Would be great fot the city.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

TUPF wrote:One of our many complaints under recent regimes is that the kids don’t get any better.

If there is any better example of kids improving their game under a Tulane coaching staff than Melvin, I sure haven’t seen it.
Ummm Ryan Smith last year... while he may not have been a truly competitive d1 center, he was light years better than he was under Conroy
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:One of our many complaints under recent regimes is that the kids don’t get any better.

Ummm Ryan Smith last year... while he may not have been a truly competitive d1 center, he was light years better than he was under Conroy
I should have tempered my remark with improved from good to great. Ryan Smith is on no one’s radar but ours. I could improve my golf game 2x and still be no threat to hit the Senior PGA.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

TUPF wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

I should have tempered my remark with improved from good to great. Ryan Smith is on no one’s radar but ours. I could improve my golf game 2x and still be no threat to hit the Senior PGA.
Noted... but melvin was a 4 star. He should be this good.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Btw ga state lost to prairie view by 15 last night
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

Noted... but melvin was a 4 star. He should be this good.
Tough crowd. Happy Thanksgiving.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

It’s not just Frazier who has improved dramatically, but Paul and Slater as well. This Staff has shown me that they know how to develop players
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

GreenieBacker wrote:It’s not just Frazier who has improved dramatically, but Paul and Slater as well. This Staff has shown me that they know how to develop players
100 percent agrer... that's why I used Ryan Smith as example
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Post by Wave Revival »

Dunleavy mentioned in his post game comments that last year he was the only teacher at practice. This year he has 10 teachers at practice. Big difference when everyone knows what they should be doing. This team has really good chemistry.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Wave Revival wrote:Dunleavy mentioned in his post game comments that last year he was the only teacher at practice. This year he has 10 teachers at practice. Big difference when everyone knows what they should be doing. This team has really good chemistry.
Last couple of games the announcers have harped on the importance of the Spain trip... I think that was a huge factor.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Wave Revival wrote:Dunleavy mentioned in his post game comments that last year he was the only teacher at practice. This year he has 10 teachers at practice. Big difference when everyone knows what they should be doing. This team has really good chemistry.
I couldn't agree more. When I visited practice while in town for homecoming, I saw instances. In between plays when a coach or two were talking to a player about what they did or needed to do, somewhere else on the court an experienced guy would be grabbing a freshman or sophomore and doing the same. In my day, the tone was derision or anger when this occurred (one player angry that another had messed up); this team isn't like that. They all genuinely appear to like each other and the players being instructed were not only attentive to their teammate but seemed appreciative. Later at the team tent on the tailgate quad, they were all hanging out together and really seemed to enjoy each other's company. A couple of guys were tossing a football and a Tulane photographer came by and was snapping a few pics. The minute she asked to get the group together for a photo (I know Reynolds, Frazier, Daniels, and Cornish, and maybe one other, we're tossing the ball), they refused to pose until everyone was in the picture. Including walk-ons and all. They made a few guys stop eating or interrupt conversations so they could be sure every single player was in the photo. I was somewhat stunned (in a good way)... Especially since it would have been easy for the veterans/"stars" to have just jumped in a quick pic and been done with it. Nope, it was "the whole team, or none of us". I thought that was awesome. Later that night I was hanging with my old teammate Carter Nichols, who hangs around the team practices quite a bit, and he confirmed that this team has chemistry like we never had in our day. They really all do enjoy each other.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

This could be special.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

PeteRasche wrote:
I couldn't agree more. When I visited practice while in town for homecoming, I saw instances. In between plays when a coach or two were talking to a player about what they did or needed to do, somewhere else on the court an experienced guy would be grabbing a freshman or sophomore and doing the same. In my day, the tone was derision or anger when this occurred (one player angry that another had messed up); this team isn't like that. They all genuinely appear to like each other and the players being instructed were not only attentive to their teammate but seemed appreciative. Later at the team tent on the tailgate quad, they were all hanging out together and really seemed to enjoy each other's company. A couple of guys were tossing a football and a Tulane photographer came by and was snapping a few pics. The minute she asked to get the group together for a photo (I know Reynolds, Frazier, Daniels, and Cornish, and maybe one other, we're tossing the ball), they refused to pose until everyone was in the picture. Including walk-ons and all. They made a few guys stop eating or interrupt conversations so they could be sure every single player was in the photo. I was somewhat stunned (in a good way)... Especially since it would have been easy for the veterans/"stars" to have just jumped in a quick pic and been done with it. Nope, it was "the whole team, or none of us". I thought that was awesome. Later that night I was hanging with my old teammate Carter Nichols, who hangs around the team practices quite a bit, and he confirmed that this team has chemistry like we never had in our day. They really all do enjoy each other.
Thanks for sharing that. It confirms what we have been seeing on the court.
We deserve so much better
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Just like Sehic, I would like to see Slater playing more. He can really shoot.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

PeteRasche wrote:
When I started the “is it time to hype” thread, it was because I saw unity/chemistry/attitude/fun that I had not seen in quite a while. Glad it is there off-court, as well.