Tulane vs. Houston still on 7 p.m., Tulane announces...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Re: Tulane vs. Houston still on 7 p.m., Tulane announces...

Post by wavedom »

windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:Missing the point as usual. I simply said not to encourage others to go.
Because people are incapable of making the decision for themselves?
Still missing the point. Or as usual just missing it so you can show your backside. We all know your wife wears the pants so you come here to play the tough guy. That's your problem not ours.
You have yet to make a cogent point and now you're attacking.me and some would say insulting my wife. Classy.
Wah. Wah. Cry me a river. You talking about class. Now that's funny.
Again, you have not made a point. I applaud your tenacity
I made several points. Your problem that your to stupid to get them.
We deserve so much better
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

randymc wrote:get Sling TV; $25.99 a month for three dozen channels; then get a $50 HD antenna (indoors) to pick up like 30 additional over the air channels ...; you can also add HBO etc for more per month if you want. Basic price includes ESPN3 so you can see all Tulane games. Crowd was wild like 1992-93 ... 2300 in attendance, biggest crowd of year and raucous. Credit the students with a big assist for this win. Driving to and from game was a breeze. Sidewalks around gym and Loyola garage were in great shape.

Yep. Credit the students who were stir crazy. Easy drive for uptowners like you. Not for others. I see selfish is your game like windy.
We deserve so much better
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Caleb Daniels had that big dunk and key foul shots and such strong rebounding. He gets the sixth man of the year award in my book.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

wavedom wrote:
randymc wrote:get Sling TV; $25.99 a month for three dozen channels; then get a $50 HD antenna (indoors) to pick up like 30 additional over the air channels ...; you can also add HBO etc for more per month if you want. Basic price includes ESPN3 so you can see all Tulane games. Crowd was wild like 1992-93 ... 2300 in attendance, biggest crowd of year and raucous. Credit the students with a big assist for this win. Driving to and from game was a breeze. Sidewalks around gym and Loyola garage were in great shape.

Yep. Credit the students who were stir crazy. Easy drive for uptowners like you. Not for others. I see selfish is your game like windy.
Going to support others in their endeavors = totally selfish
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

wavedom wrote:

WtF? Selfish?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

Pete, This is the indoor TV antenna I bought:
good one? decent OK price?
https://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Antenna-Amp ... +-+leaf+50
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote: Isn't there an entire thread here about how you can get games with some method, maybe Sling, and why aren't you doing that for the women's games?
We used sling (and similar methods) for away football games, but don't watch enough basketball (men's or women's) to warrant spending the money in winter, especially cause we are too busy this time of year to watch much of any tv anyway. Also, our interest in women's isn't greatly higher than men's as I think you think it is. I do like that the women's game is a bit less physical/dunking, etc, but really I'd go to either. But I can get 4 season tickets to women's for 50-100 bucks, whereas men's is a lot more money. Since we wouldn't go to that many games of either, anyway, its easier to go for the cheaper on.

Really glad MBB seems to have turned around in a hurry. Dunleavy seems like a great hire. I was quietly worried about the hire but didn't know enough about BB to speak up. In the end my suspicions seem off. That's good.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

randymc wrote:Pete, This is the indoor TV antenna I bought:
The Mohu Leaf is the Absolut Vodka of antennas. It's fine, it looks pretty (the main reason people choose it, because they want a nicer looking antenna if it's going to be visible in your room hanging on the wall), but there's nothing special about it other than great advertising and ubiquity on AV and shopping websites.

I hope your antenna is located a distance away from your TV since you have the amplified version. The amplifier does nothing to increase reception, it only amplifies the signal down the cable from the antenna to the TV so you can have the antenna farther from the TV. The amp will magnify the signal, even if it's a bad signal, so it can make poor reception worse. So if your antenna hangs right behind your TV, the amp is utterly unnecessary and potentially detrimental to the signal.

That said, if it works for you, it works. There's only so much you can estimate about what indoor reception will be in a location based on geography and topography. You never know what will be the effects of wall studs, metal plaster lath, power wires inside walls, insulation, outdoor trees, etc. But in New Orleans, I'd start with the cheapest possible thing (a paperclip) and work my way up. I wouldn't start with a Leaf. Just my self-educated-but-well-educated opinion.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
randymc wrote:Pete, This is the indoor TV antenna I bought:
The Mohu Leaf is the Absolut Vodka of antennas. It's fine, it looks pretty (the main reason people choose it, because they want a nicer looking antenna if it's going to be visible in your room hanging on the wall), but there's nothing special about it other than great advertising and ubiquity on AV and shopping websites.

I hope your antenna is located a distance away from your TV since you have the amplified version. The amplifier does nothing to increase reception, it only amplifies the signal down the cable from the antenna to the TV so you can have the antenna farther from the TV. The amp will magnify the signal, even if it's a bad signal, so it can make poor reception worse. So if your antenna hangs right behind your TV, the amp is utterly unnecessary and potentially detrimental to the signal.

That said, if it works for you, it works. There's only so much you can estimate about what indoor reception will be in a location based on geography and topography. You never know what will be the effects of wall studs, metal plaster lath, power wires inside walls, insulation, outdoor trees, etc. But in New Orleans, I'd start with the cheapest possible thing (a paperclip) and work my way up. I wouldn't start with a Leaf. Just my self-educated-but-well-educated opinion.
Amplified would also be there way to go if you are splitting the signal for multiple TVs
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

PeteRasche wrote:The Mohu Leaf is the Absolut vodka of antennas.
Speaking of vodka :lol: ...I am a big fan of Costco vodka, at $14 for 1.75 liters. Everything I’ve read says that it is probably Tito’s Vodka, which is close to being a “thing” with some drinkers. If guests really are snobs, I can always use the Chopin vodka bottle that one of my daughter’s musician friends brought from Poland.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I have the Taaka Vodka of antennas and it works fine.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

long green wrote:I have the Taaka Vodka of antennas and it works fine.
Ah, Taaka, K&B's finest!!!!
Plan your work, work your plan.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

We once needed to buy the cheapest vodka we could find in order to clean out the lines for our beer keg. We just assumed Taaka would be the cheapest. It isn't. You can buy something for half the price called Dobra Vodka. Dobra means good. We didn't try drinking it. I wouldn't suggest it.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

WaveProf wrote:We once needed to buy the cheapest vodka we could find in order to clean out the lines for our beer keg. We just assumed Taaka would be the cheapest. It isn't. You can buy something for half the price called Dobra Vodka. Dobra means good. We didn't try drinking it. I wouldn't suggest it.
I wonder if you could use Dobra in your car radiator. It’s probably cheaper than antifreeze.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

TUPF wrote:
WaveProf wrote:We once needed to buy the cheapest vodka we could find in order to clean out the lines for our beer keg. We just assumed Taaka would be the cheapest. It isn't. You can buy something for half the price called Dobra Vodka. Dobra means good. We didn't try drinking it. I wouldn't suggest it.
I wonder if you could use Dobra in your car radiator. It’s probably cheaper than antifreeze.
One of the more amusing things about Russian groceries is that the vodka aisle (and they ALL have an aisle devote to vodka, regardless of the size of the store) has prices ranging from less than water to more than a car, and everywhere in between....
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

GretnaGrn wrote:
TUPF wrote:
One of the more amusing things about Russian groceries is that the vodka aisle (and they ALL have an aisle devote to vodka, regardless of the size of the store) has prices ranging from less than water to more than a car, and everywhere in between....
Yet you still can't make a martini with any of them
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count