Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TU WOMEN 70 TULSA 39
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:14 pm 
President's Circle

Doubled the score on Tulsa most of the game.

Post subject: Re: TU WOMEN 70 TULSA 39
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:32 pm 
Regent's Circle

WOW !!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 am 
Regent's Circle

Second coolest thing that has ever happened as far as my photography - they presented a framed picture to Kolby of her shot that put her over 2,000 points. Pretty cool.

My coolest thing is the dogpile picture at GFaTS....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 am 
Navigator Level

noladave wrote:
Second coolest thing that has ever happened as far as my photography - they presented a framed picture to Kolby of her shot that put her over 2,000 points. Pretty cool.

In 2005?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 am 
Emerald Circle

noladave wrote:

Dave: when did you start taking photos for Tulane? Is Jerry Ward still around? He took all the photos when I was there. Just curious. If you'd prefer, so as not to threadjack, pm me your response.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 pm 
Regent's Circle

Unofficially, it started in 2002/2003, when I first started creating my websites- \
Wavebaseball.com
Wavefootball.com
Firecowen.com (that was fun)
MooreforHeisman.com

The MooreforHeisman.com caused some issues, and getting official press passes were sometimes difficult. That all went away with Katrina. They (Tulane) had a hard time finding photographers, so from that point on, I was able to get press passes. In 2009/2010, several issues arose, including the fact hat I was unable to be a FULL time photographer, so Parker Waters became the official photographer. That coincided with me needing a break from all of the BS from running this board, dealing with administration, and both of my kids being in high school. I took a 4 year break, and then started back, with a few things in 2013, but mostly 2014 to now.

Whenever Parker Waters has a conflict, like the Kolby Morgan game, they will call me in to take pictures. Senior Days are probably the most fun to take, but this year, I was there for Cam Reynolds 1,000th point, and Kolby Morgan’s 2,000th point.

I am not aware of Jerry Ward being around - like I said earlier, Parker Waters is the official photographer. There are another 3 or 4 people that are video photographers. That’s where everything is headed. Us still photographers are a bunch of dinosaurs..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 am 
Emerald Circle

noladave wrote:
Unofficially, it started in 2002/2003, when I first started creating my websites- \
Wavebaseball.com
Wavefootball.com
Firecowen.com (that was fun)
MooreforHeisman.com

The MooreforHeisman.com caused some issues, and getting official press passes were sometimes difficult. That all went away with Katrina. They (Tulane) had a hard time finding photographers, so from that point on, I was able to get press passes. In 2009/2010, several issues arose, including the fact hat I was unable to be a FULL time photographer, so Parker Waters became the official photographer. That coincided with me needing a break from all of the BS from running this board, dealing with administration, and both of my kids being in high school. I took a 4 year break, and then started back, with a few things in 2013, but mostly 2014 to now.

Whenever Parker Waters has a conflict, like the Kolby Morgan game, they will call me in to take pictures. Senior Days are probably the most fun to take, but this year, I was there for Cam Reynolds 1,000th point, and Kolby Morgan’s 2,000th point.

I am not aware of Jerry Ward being around - like I said earlier, Parker Waters is the official photographer. There are another 3 or 4 people that are video photographers. That’s where everything is headed. Us still photographers are a bunch of dinosaurs..

Thanks. I always appreciate your pics.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm 
Navigator Level

PeteRasche wrote:
noladave wrote:

Dave: when did you start taking photos for Tulane? Is Jerry Ward still around? He took all the photos when I was there. Just curious. If you'd prefer, so as not to threadjack, pm me your response.

I believe Jerry is in the Dallas area.