Wave 100 Program

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Re: Wave 100 Program

Post by Cheerleader »

Johnny Mac wrote:smart campaign.. similar to Clemson's IPTAY (I pay ten a year... or as Georgia fans called it It's probation time again, y'all)
My daughter graduated from Clemson. IPTAY, created in 1936 stands for "I Pay a Ten a Year", but most people pay a thousand or more now.. Many people believe it is a private school, but it is a public state school, in a small town of about 16,000 people. There are about 20,000 students. The stadium on campus holds over 80,000 and it is full most weeks. They call it Death Valley and it is a really exciting place to watch college football.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

sr wrote:
TXWave88 wrote:I threw another $100 towards Tulane this morning. Let's see if Texas gets updated.
Maybe Donny Z can tells us how often the state numbers are updated/uploaded?
Will ask and post back what I hear.

To GSX question it's a separate campaign per se, but any donation to athletics over $100 counts towards the state donor total and gets you a state specific car decal.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

They just updated it. 141 new donors since yesterdays numbers (which were as of February 1).
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

I see that Texas jumped by 15 - need to keep it going.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

I was told it would be updated often so check back regularly!
Johnny4
Navigator Level

Post by Johnny4 »

Curious as to what sticker the international people get.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

Cheerleader wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:smart campaign.. similar to Clemson's IPTAY (I pay ten a year... or as Georgia fans called it It's probation time again, y'all)
My daughter graduated from Clemson. IPTAY, created in 1936 stands for "I Pay a Ten a Year", but most people pay a thousand or more now.. Many people believe it is a private school, but it is a public state school, in a small town of about 16,000 people. There are about 20,000 students. The stadium on campus holds over 80,000 and it is full most weeks. They call it Death Valley and it is a really exciting place to watch college football.
the point is for a campaign that's called "I Pay Ten a Year" or in this case the Wave 100 club is that large quantities of small donations can add up and do good things.. you don't have to donate thousands or millions to make an impact if tens of thousands of alumni can donate $100 each.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

My simple question - if you already donate more than $100 a year to Tulane, are you supposed to donate another $100 to get the sticker?
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

noladave wrote:My simple question - if you already donate more than $100 a year to Tulane, are you supposed to donate another $100 to get the sticker?
No. You are already qualified. Assuming that $100 or more annually is to athletics.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Johnny Mac wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:
the point is for a campaign that's called "I Pay Ten a Year" or in this case the Wave 100 club is that large quantities of small donations can add up and do good things.. you don't have to donate thousands or millions to make an impact if tens of thousands of alumni can donate $100 each.
When RD was here I complained all the time how he'd rather get 5 people giving $1million each than go after a million people to give $10 each. Glad TD recognizes the value in smaller donations adding up.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:
When RD was here I complained all the time how he'd rather get 5 people giving $1million each than go after a million people to give $10 each. Glad TD recognizes the value in smaller donations adding up.
If only the belly button lint eating idiots in the alumni association would change too
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:
It all spends just fine.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:
It all spends just fine.
One is a lot more work which didn't really jive with RD's lifestyle.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

For those who hadn't looked yet, it's been updated again today.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

not only do small contributions help, they encourage buy in into the Program. Folks feel like they have a vested interest which can translate to increased attendance as well as future generations being TU fans.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:
It all spends just fine.
Perfectly said.

Meanwhile the simple fact that we're talking about it and tracking it days later pretty much makes it better than anything the RD regime ever did...
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:
It all spends just fine.
Perfectly said.

Meanwhile the simple fact that we're talking about it and tracking it days later pretty much makes it better than anything the RD regime ever did...
One thing I grudgingly learned from Jack Welch: if you track something, folks perform to it. That’s true for just about anything—we retired early because of it.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

JtS wrote:This is a unique, cool fundraising reach out to the most dispersed alumni of any university in the U.S.

And yes...winning cures every problem. We are very close.
I remember saying pretty much that same thing (when asked, I said "all of them") nearly 20 years ago in August of '98. Of course it was a lot easier then after going 7-4 in '97.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Cheerleader wrote:

And lest we forget, LSU fans, Clemson's stadium is the original "Death Valley". Well, original as far as stadiums go. :roll:

Editing here: Considering inflation, $10.00 in '36 is the equivalent of $178.64 today.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Got this email just now, probably like many of you:

Green Wave Club Member,

You may have heard the buzz about Tulane Athletics’ new campaign: Wave 100. Wave 100 is a grassroots initiative to grow our donor base to 5,000 strong by December 31, 2018. The premise of this campaign is to engage fans across the United States and the world to support Tulane Athletics with a $100+ donation to the Green Wave Club. Each state has a specific target goal based on alumni population. When Tulane fans participate in the Wave 100, they will receive a state specific decal that they can put on the back of their car to represent Tulane Athletics in their home state.

You can check the progress of each state here.

Here’s the good news… You are already a member of the Green Wave Club at a donation of $100 or more!

We wanted to let you know that we are working on getting your state’s decal in the mail as soon as possible.

Please help us grow our membership by sharing this opportunity with your friends and family. Check out our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages so you can repost and share with any Tulane fans you know all around the world. Please tag @TulaneAthletics and #Wave100 when posting about this initiative.

We can, we will, and we must get to 5,000 strong. Thank you for joining the movement.

Roll Wave!

Garrett

Garrett Broom

Assistant Athletics Director Development

Department of Athletics | Tulane University

James W. Wilson, Jr. Center | New Orleans, LA 70118

GBroom@tulane.edu | 504.314.7215
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:

And lest we forget, LSU fans, Clemson's stadium is the original "Death Valley". Well, original as far as stadiums go. :roll:

Editing here: Considering inflation, $10.00 in '36 is the equivalent of $178.64 today.

FS'54
A Clemson-Grad friend told me a few years ago that it now stands for "I Pay a Thousand A Year." :-D
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I spoke with Garrett Broom today - great guy, by the way - and he said the website is updated on Tuesdays and Fridays. It's updated manually so it's a "labor of love / dang I wish we'd programmed the donation page to put the home state automatically into that stat's tally database" situation, so that's why it's only twice a week rather than instantly. Just in case y'all were wondering about how/when it updated.

He commented that some of the results have been underwhelming thus far but I reminded him that people are procrastinators by nature and that nothing causes people to act like a deadline - in other words, I would not be surprised if they went from "way low" to "hit the goal" in the final few days of the campaign.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

PeteRasche wrote:I spoke with Garrett Broom today - great guy, by the way - and he said the website is updated on Tuesdays and Fridays. It's updated manually so it's a "labor of love / dang I wish we'd programmed the donation page to put the home state automatically into that stat's tally database" situation, so that's why it's only twice a week rather than instantly. Just in case y'all were wondering about how/when it updated.

He commented that some of the results have been underwhelming thus far but I reminded him that people are procrastinators by nature and that nothing causes people to act like a deadline - in other words, I would not be surprised if they went from "way low" to "hit the goal" in the final few days of the campaign.
Have you been drinking ?? :wink: If it ain't going good now, don't think they will make-up any ground in the closing minutes.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

sr wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:I spoke with Garrett Broom today - great guy, by the way - and he said the website is updated on Tuesdays and Fridays. It's updated manually so it's a "labor of love / dang I wish we'd programmed the donation page to put the home state automatically into that stat's tally database" situation, so that's why it's only twice a week rather than instantly. Just in case y'all were wondering about how/when it updated.

Have you been drinking ?? :wink: If it ain't going good now, don't think they will make-up any ground in the closing minutes.
I don't know what you mean by that. They have 850 from a goal of 5000. The campaign (as far as I know, though we didn't discuss) will wrap up at the end of fiscal (June 30, IIRC). Almost every fundraiser gets the majority of the donating in the waning days/hours. That's several months from now.

By the way, I believe Garrett said the window stickers will be in, and begin to be mailed, next week.