Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:59 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:27 pm
Posts: 2951
Location: Nashville
I’ll be making the drive over from Nashville for the Saturday game. I hope to meet some fellow greenies!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:25 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30344
Location: Chattanooga, TN
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3148
Location: Greeneville, TN
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


Ditto. Enjoy it, though ForeverTU


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 9995
Location: Metairie
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis

So we’ll see you at the conference tournament?

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 9995
Location: Metairie
8 hours to Orlando
5 hours to Memphis

I’m going to Memphis (even though Florida is closer)

So can you

_________________
[i]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:54 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7776
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


Ditto. Enjoy it, though ForeverTU


Here in Kingsport, Tennessee I am actually closer to Canada than I am to Memphis. I can get on I-40, which ends up in Memphis, about an hour away at mile marker 421.

Since I am looking at driving back from Orlando (helping daughter get home for summer), then trip to Washington DC with national organization, three long road trips is a bit too much...

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:44 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7449
Location: Dripping Springs
AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


Ditto. Enjoy it, though ForeverTU


Here in Kingsport, Tennessee I am actually closer to Canada than I am to Memphis. I can get on I-40, which ends up in Memphis, about an hour away at mile marker 421.

Since I am looking at driving back from Orlando (helping daughter get home for summer), then trip to Washington DC with national organization, three long road trips is a bit too much...

Just drove the I-20, I-30, I-40 to I-81 to I-64 to Richmond, VA. I-40 was like a NASCAR track going through Tenn. Was in a line of 6 or 7 cars on a downhill leg and we were all going around 90. Felt like I was running shine... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7776
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


Ditto. Enjoy it, though ForeverTU


Here in Kingsport, Tennessee I am actually closer to Canada than I am to Memphis. I can get on I-40, which ends up in Memphis, about an hour away at mile marker 421.

Since I am looking at driving back from Orlando (helping daughter get home for summer), then trip to Washington DC with national organization, three long road trips is a bit too much...

Just drove the I-20, I-30, I-40 to I-81 to I-64 to Richmond, VA. I-40 was like a NASCAR track going through Tenn. Was in a line of 6 or 7 cars on a downhill leg and we were all going around 90. Felt like I was running shine... 8)


My office is at the second exit north of I 81 just off I-26. You are right- everyone driving around here learned how to drive by watching Nascar. Turn signals?- no way- Kyle Busch doesn't signal when he is cutting off Chase Elliott.

They have spoken about making I-81 six lanes, or putting in a toll road parallel because of the heavy load of traffic (tons of truck traffic along there). Might happen at some point. Of course, that would mean that the leadership in Richmond needs to realize that the Commonwealth of Virginia does not end at the western city limits of Roanoke...

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:50 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:50 am
Posts: 7472
Location: new orleans, la
We are planning on leaving early Thursday morning, but the EARLY weather report says we might get some rough weather, driving up.

With any luck, we will be there all weekend (Thu, Fri, Sat).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:37 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 7422
Location: Charlotte
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


I find that hard to believe knowing Atlanta sits between Chattaboogie and FLA

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7449
Location: Dripping Springs
AO Sig wrote:
sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


Ditto. Enjoy it, though ForeverTU


Here in Kingsport, Tennessee I am actually closer to Canada than I am to Memphis. I can get on I-40, which ends up in Memphis, about an hour away at mile marker 421.

Since I am looking at driving back from Orlando (helping daughter get home for summer), then trip to Washington DC with national organization, three long road trips is a bit too much...

Just drove the I-20, I-30, I-40 to I-81 to I-64 to Richmond, VA. I-40 was like a NASCAR track going through Tenn. Was in a line of 6 or 7 cars on a downhill leg and we were all going around 90. Felt like I was running shine... 8)


My office is at the second exit north of I 81 just off I-26. You are right- everyone driving around here learned how to drive by watching Nascar. Turn signals?- no way- Kyle Busch doesn't signal when he is cutting off Chase Elliott.

They have spoken about making I-81 six lanes, or putting in a toll road parallel because of the heavy load of traffic (tons of truck traffic along there). Might happen at some point. Of course, that would mean that the leadership in Richmond needs to realize that the Commonwealth of Virginia does not end at the western city limits of Roanoke...


You're right about I-81 and they are staring to widen the bridges. We stayed overnight in Abingdon and my wife is now looking at property there. Great little town with some history.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7776
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis


Ditto. Enjoy it, though ForeverTU


Here in Kingsport, Tennessee I am actually closer to Canada than I am to Memphis. I can get on I-40, which ends up in Memphis, about an hour away at mile marker 421.

Since I am looking at driving back from Orlando (helping daughter get home for summer), then trip to Washington DC with national organization, three long road trips is a bit too much...

Just drove the I-20, I-30, I-40 to I-81 to I-64 to Richmond, VA. I-40 was like a NASCAR track going through Tenn. Was in a line of 6 or 7 cars on a downhill leg and we were all going around 90. Felt like I was running shine... 8)


My office is at the second exit north of I 81 just off I-26. You are right- everyone driving around here learned how to drive by watching Nascar. Turn signals?- no way- Kyle Busch doesn't signal when he is cutting off Chase Elliott.

They have spoken about making I-81 six lanes, or putting in a toll road parallel because of the heavy load of traffic (tons of truck traffic along there). Might happen at some point. Of course, that would mean that the leadership in Richmond needs to realize that the Commonwealth of Virginia does not end at the western city limits of Roanoke...


You're right about I-81 and they are staring to widen the bridges. We stayed overnight in Abingdon and my wife is now looking at property there. Great little town with some history.


We are regulars at the Barter theatre in Abingdon; my daughter was in Barter Youth, and I even got to be on the stage for one night. We are social members at a golf club not far from there called "The Olde Farm;" best food in the area!

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pearlriverwave and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group