Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:59 pm 
President's Circle

I’ll be making the drive over from Nashville for the Saturday game. I hope to meet some fellow greenies!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:25 pm 
Cornerstone

I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 pm 
President's Circle

FW wrote:
I'd love to join you, but it's easier for me to get to Florida from Chattanooga than Memphis

Ditto. Enjoy it, though ForeverTU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:28 pm 
Regent's Circle

FW wrote:

So we’ll see you at the conference tournament?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 pm 
Regent's Circle

8 hours to Orlando
5 hours to Memphis

I’m going to Memphis (even though Florida is closer)

So can you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:54 am 
Regent's Circle

tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:

Here in Kingsport, Tennessee I am actually closer to Canada than I am to Memphis. I can get on I-40, which ends up in Memphis, about an hour away at mile marker 421.

Since I am looking at driving back from Orlando (helping daughter get home for summer), then trip to Washington DC with national organization, three long road trips is a bit too much...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:44 am 
Regent's Circle

AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:

Here in Kingsport, Tennessee I am actually closer to Canada than I am to Memphis. I can get on I-40, which ends up in Memphis, about an hour away at mile marker 421.

Since I am looking at driving back from Orlando (helping daughter get home for summer), then trip to Washington DC with national organization, three long road trips is a bit too much...

Just drove the I-20, I-30, I-40 to I-81 to I-64 to Richmond, VA. I-40 was like a NASCAR track going through Tenn. Was in a line of 6 or 7 cars on a downhill leg and we were all going around 90. Felt like I was running shine... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 am 
Regent's Circle

sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:

Just drove the I-20, I-30, I-40 to I-81 to I-64 to Richmond, VA. I-40 was like a NASCAR track going through Tenn. Was in a line of 6 or 7 cars on a downhill leg and we were all going around 90. Felt like I was running shine... 8)

My office is at the second exit north of I 81 just off I-26. You are right- everyone driving around here learned how to drive by watching Nascar. Turn signals?- no way- Kyle Busch doesn't signal when he is cutting off Chase Elliott.

They have spoken about making I-81 six lanes, or putting in a toll road parallel because of the heavy load of traffic (tons of truck traffic along there). Might happen at some point. Of course, that would mean that the leadership in Richmond needs to realize that the Commonwealth of Virginia does not end at the western city limits of Roanoke...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:50 am 
Regent's Circle

We are planning on leaving early Thursday morning, but the EARLY weather report says we might get some rough weather, driving up.

With any luck, we will be there all weekend (Thu, Fri, Sat).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:37 am 
Regent's Circle

FW wrote:

I find that hard to believe knowing Atlanta sits between Chattaboogie and FLA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am 
Regent's Circle

AO Sig wrote:
sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:

My office is at the second exit north of I 81 just off I-26. You are right- everyone driving around here learned how to drive by watching Nascar. Turn signals?- no way- Kyle Busch doesn't signal when he is cutting off Chase Elliott.

They have spoken about making I-81 six lanes, or putting in a toll road parallel because of the heavy load of traffic (tons of truck traffic along there). Might happen at some point. Of course, that would mean that the leadership in Richmond needs to realize that the Commonwealth of Virginia does not end at the western city limits of Roanoke...

You're right about I-81 and they are staring to widen the bridges. We stayed overnight in Abingdon and my wife is now looking at property there. Great little town with some history.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 pm 
Regent's Circle

sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
sr wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
FW wrote:

You're right about I-81 and they are staring to widen the bridges. We stayed overnight in Abingdon and my wife is now looking at property there. Great little town with some history.

We are regulars at the Barter theatre in Abingdon; my daughter was in Barter Youth, and I even got to be on the stage for one night. We are social members at a golf club not far from there called "The Olde Farm;" best food in the area!