Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:00 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
Getting feisty already. Love the passion.

Speaking of passion, where is it? Little to no talk about the season. Does anyone even know we are playing FGCU this weekend? Does anyone know who FGCU is? Pathetic how little interest there is in Tulane baseball. Jewett has run this program into the ground. Please bring Jake back. Make Tulane baseball relevant. Opening night and little interest, a day I thought I would never see.

The gulf coast of Florida?

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! For your prize, you get to spend quality time with the 5 other people following opening night. Aren't you elated?

In addition, it is a more likely than not prediction this thread will be in lock down mode if that little bacon roach makes an appearance. Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:01 pm 
President's Circle

waverider wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Speaking of passion, where is it? Little to no talk about the season. Does anyone even know we are playing FGCU this weekend? Does anyone know who FGCU is? Pathetic how little interest there is in Tulane baseball. Jewett has run this program into the ground. Please bring Jake back. Make Tulane baseball relevant. Opening night and little interest, a day I thought I would never see.

Valentines day on the first weekend of parades. Can’t imagine how anyone is thinking of anything but baseball right now.

I know FGCU used to be decent for a season or two, but any idea how good they are this year?

There will be 10k at the box tonight. Excuses. This never happened once upon a time.

FGCU is picked second in their league behind Liberty (who should very good this year under former North Carolina assistant Scott Jackson - a name we should keep in mind if Jake isn't pursued). They play in a very competitive league. Appears they have some pitching to replace, but the ace is back. Have a lot of players returning in the field. Should be a competitive weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:08 pm 
Regent's Circle

Sweep this weekend and win the series at Fullerton and they'll be back.

...To watch us play Middle Tennessee and Southern. Easy come, easy go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:47 pm 
Cornerstone

I had a conference there a couple of years ago (FGCU). It’s the newest (unless you count Florida Poly which broke away from USF recently) and one of the smallest of Florida’s state universities with 15K. I think FAMU is smaller and New College has like 900 students.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 pm 
President's Circle

1309th WAVE wrote:
Fort Myers, Florida. They did some cool dunks in the NCAA basketball tournament once and their coach parlayed that into the USC gig. In baseball they're projected to compete for the ASUN title, which is actually pretty good for a mid-major league with Stetson, North Florida, Liberty, and Jacksonville also in it. That's about all I got.

I will be there tonight.

Former Tulane legend Marc-Eddy Noriela played for “Dunk City.”

I love the start of a new season where after one game the board will either be raving about how great we are or calling for Jewett’s head.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:56 pm 
Emerald Circle

NJwave wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:
Fort Myers, Florida. They did some cool dunks in the NCAA basketball tournament once and their coach parlayed that into the USC gig. In baseball they're projected to compete for the ASUN title, which is actually pretty good for a mid-major league with Stetson, North Florida, Liberty, and Jacksonville also in it. That's about all I got.

I will be there tonight.

I love the start of a new season where after one game the board will either be raving about how great we are or calling for Jewett’s head.

There will be some calling for his head as he drinks champagne in Omaha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:13 pm 
President's Circle

At the coaches convention?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:26 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
At the coaches convention?

Harsh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
NJwave wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:

I will be there tonight.

There will be some calling for his head as he drinks champagne in Omaha

Let’s start with our pitchers locating the plate and TJ sipping champagne from the Pelican Cup before we show them a map of Nebraska.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:51 pm 
Breaker Level

tjtlja wrote:
windywave wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

The gulf coast of Florida?

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! For your prize, you get to spend quality time with the 5 other people following opening night. Aren't you elated?

In addition, it is a more likely than not prediction this thread will be in lock down mode if that little bacon roach makes an appearance. Stay tuned!

Wow I see you are in midseason still bitchin about your kid form...once again all you do is resort to personal attacks....a day I won't see is when you try to act your age.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:02 pm 
President's Circle

TJ’s boy is back.

Mosquitoes, roaches, all the same!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:42 am 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
waverider wrote:
tjtlja wrote:

Valentines day on the first weekend of parades. Can’t imagine how anyone is thinking of anything but baseball right now.

I know FGCU used to be decent for a season or two, but any idea how good they are this year?

There will be 10k at the box tonight. Excuses. This never happened once upon a time.

With the raucous Mardi Gras scene in BR that is quite impressive.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:40 am 
President's Circle

If you give your fans a reason to come, they will come. Remember the crowds during the Rick Jones era during Mardi Gras. Fans made time for both.

Instead of chasing a job in Pullman, WA, do the job you were hired to do here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:10 am 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
If you give your fans a reason to come, they will come. Remember the crowds during the Rick Jones era during Mardi Gras. Fans made time for both.

Instead of chasing a job in Pullman, WA, do the job you were hired to do here.
Yeah. I do remember the scarce crowds during MG. During Jazz Fest, and the multitude of other events that conflict with games. Sure, an additional 1-2 hundred people would probably have been there last night if Jones was still coaching.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson