Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:30 am 
Coach Level

In case you are bored and looking for things to do, it would be a real treat if your video people could rack up several videos of Tulane athletic great moments. For starters I suggest you compile all of the touchdowns by each player from last year and put each in its own short video. I would love to see all of McMillian's, Bradwell's, Jones, and Dauphine's and others touchdowns from last season. Then you can go on from there. It would be something to post to your website and also to share in these Tulane forums, since we don't have much to talk about now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:03 am 
Emerald Circle

"To post to your website".... You don't really understand how this internet thing works. :lol:

That said, if anyone had digital copies of old stuff, it would be cool if you could post clips on Facebook. You can't post entire games or even long segments due to copyright but there may be other locations where this could be done if they are kept private (create an ftp with a password and only share the password here via pm). When I posted the 1992-93 basketball highlight video on YouTube years ago, it got dinged for both being produced by a TV show (our coaches show) and for using a commercial song. They couldn't prove the production thing because there's no trace of it elsewhere on the internet. Then they posted it for a while with no audio, then eventually the audio appeared (I assume they had to get permission from the music act's management).

As for me, being homebound hasn't given me more time, it's given me less. All the honey do stuff is now getting done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:42 pm 
Coach Level

PeteRasche wrote:
"To post to your website".... You don't really understand how this internet thing works. :lol:

That said, if anyone had digital copies of old stuff, it would be cool if you could post clips on Facebook. You can't post entire games or even long segments due to copyright but there may be other locations where this could be done if they are kept private (create an ftp with a password and only share the password here via pm). When I posted the 1992-93 basketball highlight video on YouTube years ago, it got dinged for both being produced by a TV show (our coaches show) and for using a commercial song. They couldn't prove the production thing because there's no trace of it elsewhere on the internet. Then they posted it for a while with no audio, then eventually the audio appeared (I assume they had to get permission from the music act's management).

As for me, being homebound hasn't given me more time, it's given me less. All the honey do stuff is now getting done.

Well they could put it on a Youtube page. I just said, short clips, not full games. I don't understand why they couldn't put things like this on wwwtulanegreenwave.com. "I guess I don't get how this internet thing works." All I know is that I see clips of football plays on the internet all the time. Don't you think that would be a good idea or do you have a better one? Wouldn't you like to relive some of these great plays?

Homebound isn't bothering me yet, but I am retired in Destin, playing golf 3-4 times a week. About the only sport still around.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:08 pm 
Emerald Circle

Cheerleader wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Well they could put it on a Youtube page. I just said, short clips, not full games. I don't understand why they couldn't put things like this on wwwtulanegreenwave.com. "I guess I don't get how this internet thing works." All I know is that I see clips of football plays on the internet all the time. Don't you think that would be a good idea or do you have a better one? Wouldn't you like to relive some of these great plays?

Homebound isn't bothering me yet, but I am retired in Destin, playing golf 3-4 times a week. About the only sport still around.

Unless you own the course and no one else is on it, you shouldn't be golfing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:15 pm 
Coach Level

Windy, I love you, but playing golf is not going to spread any virus. We don't touch each other or the flag or rakes and no one is sick or sneezing. If I catch the virus while golfing, then the whole world is going to die. I think this thing has just gotten out of control. They even closed the beaches here except for private property. A neighbor was sent away from surf fishing because they said the water is public. Just think of how many cases of the regular flu or even colds are not being spread because everyone is being careful and washing their hands, etc. Lighten up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:30 pm 
Coach Level

In Naples, the city and county beaches are closed. If you own waterfront property, of course the beach is your backyard and you are free to use it. But if you go in the water, you are subject to arrest because you crossed the state property to get into the water.

I really do not understand this. Guess it emphasizes keep off the beach.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:13 pm 
Navigator Level

If you follow Coach Fritz on Twitter, he posted on “Throwback Thursday” a touchdown highlight from the 1973 LSU game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:40 pm 
Emerald Circle

Apologies, Cheerleader, I was thrown by the fact you were addressing the athletic department directly as though this were an open letter to them. I misread your subject line and didn't realize the context in which you were writing. I thought you were suggesting that people here should post clips or games from recordings we had, each of us on our "personal web pages".

My bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:29 pm 
Coach Level

PeteRasche wrote:
Apologies, Cheerleader, I was thrown by the fact you were addressing the athletic department directly as though this were an open letter to them. I misread your subject line and didn't realize the context in which you were writing. I thought you were suggesting that people here should post clips or games from recordings we had, each of us on our "personal web pages".

My bad.

Gotcha...no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:11 am 
Navigator Level

Not going into the water at the Florida or playing golf is overkill. But there are knuckleheads out there who would not practice social distancing in those environments. And you have to craft laws to the deal with the lowest common denominator, in this case the knuckleheads. Thus the seeming overkill is necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:34 pm 
Cornerstone

Private Joker wrote:
Not going into the water at the Florida or playing golf is overkill. But there are knuckleheads out there who would not practice social distancing in those environments. And you have to craft laws to the deal with the lowest common denominator, in this case the knuckleheads. Thus the seeming overkill is necessary.
Or, one could just tell them, "Hey, back away to a safe distance, knucklehead." And if they refuse, shoot 'em for assaulting you with a deadly disease. Stand your ground, and clean up the gene pool.
:green wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 am 
Regent's Circle

Roller wrote:
Private Joker wrote:
Or, one could just tell them, "Hey, back away to a safe distance, knucklehead." And if they refuse, shoot 'em for assaulting you with a deadly disease. Stand your ground, and clean up the gene pool.
:green wink:

Locally one golf club is allowing golf; one person per cart, told to keep distance from each other, not to remove the pin from the cup. Golf carts have the keys removed and are in the "on" position to keep golfers from having to go inside to sign in, etc. Cart path only because of the amount of rain we have had (the driving range is closed because the balls will plug).