WBB beats UH

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

WBB beats UH

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Re: WBB beats UH

Post by PeteRasche »

And comfortably so. I wasn't able to watch/listen but at one point I saw the score in the third quarter and I think we were up by like 27 points.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

Now they've turned it on. Beat the hell out of Memphis and Houston. Should be undefeated, but keep it going.
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

Not so fast. Let's hope it is a good sign they are getting it together. However Memphis is really bad and Houston's conference wins are against that bad Memphis team and a bad WSU team. Long way to go.
We still aren't there!
Baywave1
Regent's Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Interesting that in general within AAC (other than UCONN), there has often been a dramatic divergence between MBB and WBB success among members including Tulane. Just a random factoid. I don't draw much jubilation nor consolation nor depression from it.

Meanwhile I'm obviously glad Tulane WBB is now playing like the preseason experts predicted. May it continue.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Another win today, by 19 over UC.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

Close game for 3 quarters and then clamped down and held Cincy to 8 points in the 4th while scoring 21 ourselves.

Cincinnati was good last year and whipped us pretty good the past few years up here but they appear to be struggling this season.
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

It's a weak conference. No reason not to stack up wins.
We still aren't there!
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

wavedom wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:04 pm It's a weak conference. No reason not to stack up wins.
It really has sadly dropped off since UConn left. I'd like to call it the "UConn effect" meaning that all the teams were able to recruit better because of the chance to play UConn, but Tulane certainly never saw that concept come to fruition.
wavedom
Coach Level

Post by wavedom »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:57 pm
wavedom wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:04 pm It's a weak conference. No reason not to stack up wins.
It really has sadly dropped off since UConn left. I'd like to call it the "UConn effect" meaning that all the teams were able to recruit better because of the chance to play UConn, but Tulane certainly never saw that concept come to fruition.
I see where you're coming from but they just left last year. So I think we'll really see the total affect in a couple of years. The conference hasn't been a strong one all along and certainly isn't a strong one this year.
We still aren't there!
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:57 pm
It's too early for any effect of the U Conn exit to show up. U Conn affiliation should have improved the recruiting of everyone, but I'm not sure it did. USF, which has been the only other NCAA tourney program in the AAC is still very good.
Our team demonstrably improved the last 3 games; blowout Ws against not-very-good Cincy and UH are a lot better than losses against also not-very-good ECU. Let's see if they can translate that play into something meaningful, like a W against USF tonight.
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

If they upset USF I vote we just write off 12/22 as a very forgettable day in Tulane history...
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

PeteRasche wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:29 pm If they upset USF I vote we just write off 12/22 as a very forgettable day in Tulane history...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

GSx wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:27 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:29 pm If they upset USF I vote we just write off 12/22 as a very forgettable day in Tulane history...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lost by about 20.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

54.5% free throw shooting. This is an ongoing issue and it just gets me.
Well the good news is that I don't think Pete and I will have a 2 page argument about this one.
PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

GSx wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am 54.5% free throw shooting. This is an ongoing issue and it just gets me.
Well the good news is that I don't think Pete and I will have a 2 page argument about this one.
I don't remember it being two pages... :lol:
I completely missed the game last night and only saw the score so I don't know anything about what happened other than being disappointed we lost by so much.
Marathon Wave
Navigator Level

Post by Marathon Wave »

Couldn't throw the ball in Lake Pontchartrain.