scrimmage report

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

scrimmage report

Post by Johnny Mac »

well.. turns out there was barely a scrimmage today due to injuries but the story on nola.com highlights Lawrence Keys and Lummie Young

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d005f.html
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: scrimmage report

Post by tjtlja »

Johnny Mac wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:53 pm well.. turns out there was barely a scrimmage today due to injuries but the story on nola.com highlights Lawrence Keys and Lummie Young

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d005f.html
Given our recruiting of high school players this year with all the challenges, I wish we would try to sign about 10-12 players from the portal every year. The ideal guy is a former stud out of high school, has actual game experience, multiple years left to play, and is hungry to prove himself. With all the guys that hit the transfer portal, I think we could pickup 5-6 players a year who could start or play significant minutes. I think this is a better alternative than signing 10-12 guys who are for the most part under the radar kids on paper given the choices of colleges they have coming out of high school.
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

I guess this means still no depth chart ?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I hope Canady’s injury is minor and was held out for precautionary reasons. He has nothing to prove at this point, just needs rep. Good to hear about Young and if Keys can compliment Wyatt and the Watts brothers (who I’ve heard have been catching much better so far), we may just have an improved passing game. Up to the OL not to get Pratt killed.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

We brought in ten older transfers this year. At least.
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson