Graduation Rates

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
washwave
Breaker Level

Graduation Rates

Post by washwave »

With all of the talk of us doing it the right way, I'm not sure if you saw the latest graduation rates that came out in the last few days. We had 70%, which is better than all but one of the teams in the BCS Top 10 (Cincy was in the 80's) and better than the average for FBS of 67%, but not really near the top. The top few are ND (96), Duke (96), Navy (93), NW (92), BC (91), Vandy (91). I believe that these numbers represent Freshmen from 1999.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Graduation Rates

Post by GreenieBacker »

if you're correct over the dates, just remember that would be the "Katrina Class" which had its share of casualties. Perhaps skewing the number.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Unlike those that did not graduate from the other programs cited, there is a good chance that the 7% that did not graduate from Navy are now enlisted sailors serving at sea. Pretty stiff incentive :wink: !
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:if you're correct over the dates, just remember that would be the "Katrina Class" which had its share of casualties. Perhaps skewing the number.
Freshmen from 1999...Katrina 2005...????
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

1999 would have been the 1st transition year post Bowden. I think that there would be some attrition/transfers.

Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Over the past 2-3 years, I believe we are going to take another hit - so many kids have come in under Toledo, and are no longer part of the program. Do I have hard numbers? No, I'm too lazy to look it up. But, we have had quite a few guys leave/quit the team over the past couple of years.
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

noladave wrote:1999 would have been the 1st transition year post Bowden. I think that there would be some attrition/transfers.

Over the past 2-3 years, I believe we are going to take another hit - so many kids have come in under Toledo, and are no longer part of the program. Do I have hard numbers? No, I'm too lazy to look it up. But, we have had quite a few guys leave/quit the team over the past couple of years.
Alot needed to go, as Toledo said.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
LB_Watcher
President's Circle

Post by LB_Watcher »

djh wrote:Alot needed to go, as Toledo said.
Toledo was talking about existing players. Dave is talking about players that Toledo himself recruited. For example, you don't see LedDaddy posting here any longer after he said his goodbyes.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

noladave wrote:1999 would have been the 1st transition year post Bowden. I think that there would be some attrition/transfers.

I believe this was CBT's 2nd class.....
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

LB_Watcher wrote:
djh wrote:Alot needed to go, as Toledo said.
Toledo was talking about existing players. Dave is talking about players that Toledo himself recruited. For example, you don't see LedDaddy posting here any longer after he said his goodbyes.
Did I miss something - is Leddaddy's son off the team?
LB_Watcher
President's Circle

Post by LB_Watcher »

noladave wrote:Did I miss something - is Leddaddy's son off the team?
Nothing official, I suppose you need to read between the lines. Perhaps we should delete all the posts that have anything to do with this. I don't want to spread rumor, and I believe that would be against the forum rules anyway.

[On Edit] I suppose after Big$$'s post, it wouldn't be considered rumor any longer.