Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 1946
Rollwave, do you recall when Teevens was canned? I don't want to necessarily include Trahan in this comment because I honestly don't remember. But a number of media people and a number of high school coaches were really ticked and felt that Teevens was unfairly targeted and should have been retained.

It's hindsight, but we know what happend after.

Again I like Trahan, but CBT's style, accessibility and honesty make him a media dream. KT's personal interests and those of the program don't necessarily coincide. However, I hope starting next season that they do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 30898
Location: 30°37'40.6"N 81°27'02.4"W
bayouman wrote:
Guys, it's rally around the flag time. Last year when the DC instead of the OC was replaced, I felt the same way. We can scratch our heads and wonder for a day, but once the trigger is pulled and the course is set, we need to declare victory, circle the wagons and move on. Our offseason program and this recruiting class are huge now. Let's focus on that.

That's 100% on target.

One can question the negatives, or one can celebrate the positives. Personally, I choose to go with the silver linings.

The way things stand at this point, we are undefeated for the 2010 season. Let's do whatever we can, each in your own small way, to help keep it that way, right on into 2011.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:24 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24872
Location: New Orleans
well, there it is; he's back. So is his good buddy. Next year is plainly do or die for Bob Toledo.

Personally, I am ticked off that Dodd gets a pass. But I have said that before.

They've made their statement. We should try to get behind the program. We all know that some of us aren't happy. But we need to try to get behind the program again. We need to do this, if for no other reason, so that no one can blame the fans if things go wrong. We have a recruiting class to hold together and complete. We also have a squad to hold together.

I have aired all my grievances. I will try to stop doing it, at least as far as the events of the recent past are concerned. If something else goes wrong, I'm thinking about team attrition from the squad, I may air grievances about that.

This statement of "support" is weak and conditional, but I'll try to work on that.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:27 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:18 am
Posts: 18167
Location: Beautiful Dutchtown
When you do the same things over and over, the outcomes won't change.
NO changes for 3-9, with 14 of the last 20 games being absolute blowout losses. No change.

And where does Trahan's "cash poor" stuff come from? Comments like that do nothing but hurt us and they hurt a lot. Dickson should correct it, As it is, he sold home games to Rutgers, LSU and Bama, so we shouldn't be cash poor.

But we sit back and take this. Absolutely take it.

_________________
A refreshing culture of standards, expectations and accountability is upon us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:51 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:39 pm
Posts: 3217
Location: Montgomery, AL
long green wrote:
well, there it is; he's back. So is his good buddy. Next year is plainly do or die for Bob Toledo.

Personally, I am ticked off that Dodd gets a pass. But I have said that before.

They've made their statement. We should try to get behind the program. We all know that some of us aren't happy. But we need to try to get behind the program again. We need to do this, if for no other reason, so that no one can blame the fans if things go wrong. We have a recruiting class to hold together and complete. We also have a squad to hold together.

I have aired all my grievances. I will try to stop doing it, at least as far as the events of the recent past are concerned. If something else goes wrong, I'm thinking about team attrition from the squad, I may air grievances about that.

This statement of "support" is weak and conditional, but I'll try to work on that.

Thank you Long Green!! I know everyone on this board is committed to Tulane and few agree on the best approach. But, everyone here wants to WIN! We will be bigger, faster, stronger at every position next year and have more experience. When we were recruited (june of '08) all the coaches were pointing to 2010. Let's bring this baby into fruition. I can tell you, nobody, I mean nobody hates losing more than me, and we will win next year.

_________________
"Life is not fair, life can be very hard...but life is good"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:02 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24872
Location: New Orleans
thank you, greenaub, for understanding that however weak my statement was, I mean what I say when it's time to get behind the program. The program, which is bigger than the coaches and players who, from time to time, are the face of the program.

I have unsaid and will unsay nothing I have posted recently. If anyone wants to know what I think, it's all there. It's just that now we need to do our due diligence as fans. If we're being jerked around or even lied to, we'll have our chance to get even.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:18 am
Posts: 18167
Location: Beautiful Dutchtown
long green wrote:
It's just that now we need to do our due diligence as fans. If we're being jerked around or even lied to, we'll have our chance to get even.

And how do we do our due diligence?

In my opinion, we're being jerked around right now.

_________________
A refreshing culture of standards, expectations and accountability is upon us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:39 pm
Posts: 3217
Location: Montgomery, AL
long green wrote:
thank you, greenaub, for understanding that however weak my statement was, I mean what I say when it's time to get behind the program. The program, which is bigger than the coaches and players who, from time to time, are the face of the program.

I have unsaid and will unsay nothing I have posted recently. If anyone wants to know what I think, it's all there. It's just that now we need to do our due diligence as fans. If we're being jerked around or even lied to, we'll have our chance to get even.

I understand totally. Hey I'm an Auburn alum and a fanatic fan and very emotional when it comes to my Tigers(now I'm obsessed with Tulane-my son that is at Auburn now thinks I've lost it!). Having said that, I have seen enough from very close friends kids that have played and do now play at Auburn, from recruiting and now from having one of my own on the "inside" to understand a lot more of what it takes to win at this level (which, btw, is not much different from the very top level at any program). As an alumnus and supporter, you just want somone to fix it-no excuses just win baby. Unfortunately, it can take a lot more time in some cases than in others. Terry Bowden came in and went 11-0 his first year, 10-1 his second and then down hill after that. Well, Pat Dye had a great foundation in place and had a well stocked barn with great players. Coach Bowden didn't recruit as well as Coach Dye and all of a sudden we couldn't compete after about 4 years. Then it took a few years to build it up after that. Now, that's an upper tier SEC school with all of its recruiting advantages not one with scholastic, admissions, etc. much less Hurricane Katrina (I don't mention the review, because quite frankly, that is so old news and so over now that the kids don't pay much attention to it) which we now saw just graduate the last class that went through that. So the effects of Katrina and the coaching change is going to take about 4-5 years to cycle through as long as Tulane doesn't shoot itself in the foot while re-building.

Having said all that I totally understand people being totally unsatisfied with the results on the field (however, I also totally agree with Coach Dodd's assessment about our competitiveness and the games we were competitive in-I came away knowing we should've beaten Marshall, should've been firing down in the fourth quarter with Houston and I was just mad about the Rice game and the SMU game). We should've been bowl eligible this year and I think the coaches think that and I know the players do. No excuses next year so let's all get behind this baby and become the powerhouse in CUSA that everyone has predicted!! Roll Wave.

_________________
"Life is not fair, life can be very hard...but life is good"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:03 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24872
Location: New Orleans
We stay connected. We keep buying tickets and going to the games.

I understand how you feel that way. I really, really do. I really, really, really do.

This non-move on the part of the administration (Dickson, Cowen) means they have to come across this offseason. We've had hints dropped all over us in the past month or so. They HAVE to come across. If they don't, if they're relying on the current staff and chumps like me, they're in for a very unpleasant surprise next fall. I don't know if they can repair the whole relationship between coaching staff and fans, but they can and must take these (rumored) steps to at least show that we're trying to compete. I say that knowing that you, GSx, may have a different definition of "coming across." I would define it as getting the 3 sport practice facility going (finally) and doing something substantial for football (like an IPF). That might not satisfy you, but it would make for the best offseason we've had in a long time. If they fall short on either, or God forbid, both fronts, God help us.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:15 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:18 am
Posts: 18167
Location: Beautiful Dutchtown
long green wrote:
We stay connected. We keep buying tickets and going to the games.

I understand how you feel that way. I really, really do. I really, really, really do.

This non-move on the part of the administration (Dickson, Cowen) means they have to come across this offseason. We've had hints dropped all over us in the past month or so. They HAVE to come across. If they don't, if they're relying on the current staff and chumps like me, they're in for a very unpleasant surprise next fall. I don't know if they can repair the whole relationship between coaching staff and fans, but they can and must take these (rumored) steps to at least show that we're trying to compete. I say that knowing that you, GSx, may have a different definition of "coming across." I would define it as getting the 3 sport practice facility going (finally) and doing something substantial for football (like an IPF). That might not satisfy you, but it would make for the best offseason we've had in a long time. If they fall short on either, or God forbid, both fronts, God help us.

I agree that that would be the best offseason in Rick Dickson's tenure. I will point out though that one of the more recent rumorors said that it won't be until the end of the academic term AT THE EARLIEST that the big news is announced. Can we wait that long?
And we're not off to a good start. Rick Dickson had a perfect opportunity to talk about championships, winning, goals for TUlane with TAmmy and her article.
And if they don't deliver, what do we do? Not buy tickets? At this point, it's like interest rates. It can't go any lower. They've already driven off the casual fans. I'm going to the games and buying a ticket (maybe down to A ticket instead of ticketS, but I'm going to go) no matter what they do.

_________________
A refreshing culture of standards, expectations and accountability is upon us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:38 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:22 pm
Posts: 1630
Location: Over there --->
PeteRasche wrote:
Quote:
... And I look at it like we could have won the Marshall game…
31-10? We could have won that one? Really? It was our friggin homecoming and we were completely humiliated, by three touchdowns. Even Bill Belichick throws in the towel when he’s down three touchdowns. :roll: Maybe Bob’s saying “we could have won that one, if I had just hired a special teams coach….”

Quote:
we could have won the Rice game, we could have won the SMU game, and that's six wins right there.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda… if the ball had bounced the other way… STOP IT. Good teams win games, period. They don’t leave a bunch of “wouldas” on the table. As I ranted about several months ago, a team can lose 12 games by 1 point each and they were “ALMOST undefeated”. But the record books will always and forever show them as 0-12. There are no asterisks in record books, Bob. If you want people off your back, and you want peace and harmony on YOGWF, then stop losing to teams like Rice, Marshall, SMU, and (in previous years) Army.

If you want to play “we were close”, then how about “we were even closer to being 1-11 with our only win being against a D1-FCS team”.

We were close in 5 games this year. But that’s not what bothers (most of) us. What bothers us was the other SEVEN games where we were not even relatively close. They were utterly-embarrassing blowouts, and some were against really bad teams. Only three, in fact, were against what the general public would consider “good” teams – two annually good teams (LSU, BYU), and a third that the public only became aware of this year because they were ranked (Houston). Say what you want about their recent performances, but most of the country barely knows that UCF and Tulsa and the like even play football. Yet they crushed us.

As noladave said, Bob’s job was safe, because Tulane isn’t into paying two coaches at once (a buyout for Bob and a new coach’s salary simultaneously). But don’t try to sugarcoat it. The amount of people in the world who think you did a fine job this past year can probably be counted on your fingers, and they all reside on this here board.

(This concludes my one and only rant about how I am feeling about Tulane football right now – sorry, Bob’s comments were too much for me to be quiet about. I will now move on to basketball talk)



+1

_________________

Land of the Free...........................Home of the Wave!



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:05 am
Posts: 1727
Location: Lubbock, TX
I'm not sure that keeping Toledo around was the best decision to make, but I'm also not sure that having a coaching search right now is the best course of action either. I think that if RD/SC could quietly (i.e. without CBT knowing) offer the job to specific individuals (Tommy Bowden, the Richmond coach, a Boise assistant, the Nevada OC, etc.), then that would be ok. Firing CBT and opening the job up to all applicants is a real crapshoot, though, with no true assurance that we would actually get a better coach. Just my 2 cents...

_________________
ROLL WAVE!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30210
Location: Chattanooga, TN
We might have been close to 5 wins (I won't buy Marshall) but we were just as close to zero wins as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 1316
There is a difference between a reality check with optimism and with Pollyanna equine droppings. This program is suffering, and being upbeat about next year with no cause (yeah, as I say, with no cause) may be your one-note song, but it sounds canned to me now, old friend.
bayouman wrote:
Rollwave, do you recall when Teevens was canned? I don't want to necessarily include Trahan in this comment because I honestly don't remember. But a number of media people and a number of high school coaches were really ticked and felt that Teevens was unfairly targeted and should have been retained.

It's hindsight, but we know what happend after.

Again I like Trahan, but CBT's style, accessibility and honesty make him a media dream. KT's personal interests and those of the program don't necessarily coincide. However, I hope starting next season that they do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:55 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 20784
Location: Cincinnati, OH
2006grad wrote:
I think that if RD/SC could quietly (i.e. without CBT knowing) offer the job to specific individuals (Tommy Bowden, the Richmond coach, a Boise assistant, the Nevada OC, etc.), then that would be ok.
While that won't happen, I had to chuckle at the thought of it. It made me think about when Auburn came really close to firing Tommy Tuberville (after one quasi-bad year), and the AD flew on a booster's private plane in the dead of night to Louisville, to secretly talk to then-hot Bobby Petrino... in the privacy of the plane, on the runway. :lol: Of course, the plane was tracked, the AD was busted, the news went national, Auburn kept Tuberville, and a year or two later they went undefeated. But, before I digress too much, what made me chuckle about your suggestion was the fact that Rick Dickson could ride a Mardi Gras float on interstate highways to go interview those people you suggested, and no one would care, much less turn it into a national-news scandal. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 16275
Location: Depends on the week
Wavebacker wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Quote:
... And I look at it like we could have won the Marshall game…
31-10? We could have won that one? Really? It was our friggin homecoming and we were completely humiliated, by three touchdowns. Even Bill Belichick throws in the towel when he’s down three touchdowns. :roll: Maybe Bob’s saying “we could have won that one, if I had just hired a special teams coach….”

Quote:
we could have won the Rice game, we could have won the SMU game, and that's six wins right there.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda… if the ball had bounced the other way… STOP IT. Good teams win games, period. They don’t leave a bunch of “wouldas” on the table. As I ranted about several months ago, a team can lose 12 games by 1 point each and they were “ALMOST undefeated”. But the record books will always and forever show them as 0-12. There are no asterisks in record books, Bob. If you want people off your back, and you want peace and harmony on YOGWF, then stop losing to teams like Rice, Marshall, SMU, and (in previous years) Army.

If you want to play “we were close”, then how about “we were even closer to being 1-11 with our only win being against a D1-FCS team”.

We were close in 5 games this year. But that’s not what bothers (most of) us. What bothers us was the other SEVEN games where we were not even relatively close. They were utterly-embarrassing blowouts, and some were against really bad teams. Only three, in fact, were against what the general public would consider “good” teams – two annually good teams (LSU, BYU), and a third that the public only became aware of this year because they were ranked (Houston). Say what you want about their recent performances, but most of the country barely knows that UCF and Tulsa and the like even play football. Yet they crushed us.

As noladave said, Bob’s job was safe, because Tulane isn’t into paying two coaches at once (a buyout for Bob and a new coach’s salary simultaneously). But don’t try to sugarcoat it. The amount of people in the world who think you did a fine job this past year can probably be counted on your fingers, and they all reside on this here board.

(This concludes my one and only rant about how I am feeling about Tulane football right now – sorry, Bob’s comments were too much for me to be quiet about. I will now move on to basketball talk)



+1


- 2

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 16275
Location: Depends on the week
PeteRasche wrote:
2006grad wrote:
I think that if RD/SC could quietly (i.e. without CBT knowing) offer the job to specific individuals (Tommy Bowden, the Richmond coach, a Boise assistant, the Nevada OC, etc.), then that would be ok.
While that won't happen, I had to chuckle at the thought of it. It made me think about when Auburn came really close to firing Tommy Tuberville (after one quasi-bad year), and the AD flew on a booster's private plane in the dead of night to Louisville, to secretly talk to then-hot Bobby Petrino... in the privacy of the plane, on the runway. :lol: Of course, the plane was tracked, the AD was busted, the news went national, Auburn kept Tuberville, and a year or two later they went undefeated. But, before I digress too much, what made me chuckle about your suggestion was the fact that Rick Dickson could ride a Mardi Gras float on interstate highways to go interview those people you suggested, and no one would care, much less turn it into a national-news scandal. 8)


thats funny

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10037
greenaub wrote:
Thank you Long Green!! I know everyone on this board is committed to Tulane and few agree on the best approach. But, everyone here wants to WIN! We will be bigger, faster, stronger at every position next year and have more experience. When we were recruited (june of '08) all the coaches were pointing to 2010. Let's bring this baby into fruition. I can tell you, nobody, I mean nobody hates losing more than me, and we will win next year.


Serious question...what year are the coaches pointing the current recruits to?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:17 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 16275
Location: Depends on the week
ml wave wrote:
greenaub wrote:
Thank you Long Green!! I know everyone on this board is committed to Tulane and few agree on the best approach. But, everyone here wants to WIN! We will be bigger, faster, stronger at every position next year and have more experience. When we were recruited (june of '08) all the coaches were pointing to 2010. Let's bring this baby into fruition. I can tell you, nobody, I mean nobody hates losing more than me, and we will win next year.


Serious question...what year are the coaches pointing the current recruits to?


not worth it

_________________
Image


Last edited by bigmoneytx on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:25 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:25 am
Posts: 714
Location: New Orleans
This makes me wonder why we fired Scelfo after the 2006 season. We had 4 wins plus some other "almost" wins.

_________________
Don't believe anything you read on the internet, including this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:29 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10037
bigmoneytx wrote:
ml wave wrote:
greenaub wrote:
Thank you Long Green!! I know everyone on this board is committed to Tulane and few agree on the best approach. But, everyone here wants to WIN! We will be bigger, faster, stronger at every position next year and have more experience. When we were recruited (june of '08) all the coaches were pointing to 2010. Let's bring this baby into fruition. I can tell you, nobody, I mean nobody hates losing more than me, and we will win next year.


Serious question...what year are the coaches pointing the current recruits to?


2876 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


As helpful as that was, as a season ticket holder I'd like to know what the thought process is here. If a year and a half ago we were pointing to 2010, are we still pointing to 2010? 2011? Is this a moving target that's always two years away? Is that just something you say to recruits to cover yourself in case you have a bad year before they sign?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:47 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 1726
Location: Upriver in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
It amazes me the amount of venom that is out there. Have we really been so mistreated? Has SC/RD/CBT intentionally put a bad product on the field? No. Rather, they are doing a decent job under tough circumstances and making the best choices they can. Notre Dame sure has not been perfect either. 2010 is the make or break year for CBT. Get used to it and get behind the program. Excessive complaining does nothing more than alienate recruits and their parents. If you need to vent, go to RD directly or the LSU board and ask for Les' job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:59 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:50 pm
Posts: 1277
Location: Seattle U.S.A.
MNAlum wrote:
It amazes me the amount of venom that is out there. Have we really been so mistreated? Has SC/RD/CBT intentionally put a bad product on the field? No. Rather, they are doing a decent job under tough circumstances and making the best choices they can. Notre Dame sure has not been perfect either. 2010 is the make or break year for CBT. Get used to it and get behind the program. Excessive complaining does nothing more than alienate recruits and their parents. If you need to vent, go to RD directly or the LSU board and ask for Les' job.


"They are doing a decent job." On what basis do you say that? Tulane is, simply put, a I-AA caliber football team right now, and it has shown precisely ZERO progress on the field since Scelfo was terminated.

Maybe Coach Toledo will pull a Frank Beamer in 2010. I sincerely hope so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:01 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:42 am
Posts: 1726
Location: Upriver in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
PJ you missed the "tough circumstances" part. Next year at this time, we will see. In the meantime, I choose to be like the Greenbacker who never say die! Roll Wave!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Confirmed -CBT back
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:01 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:47 pm
Posts: 4793
Location: new orleans
Maybe we shouldnt have fired Ellender, Gibson or Scelfo. Maybe we shouldnt fire Toledo. It isnt often the wrong thing to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], GSx and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group