Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:00 am 
Emerald Circle

I have noticed that the practice reports have not been coming in as frequently as they had. Are they missing practice because of weather? Or, is this a decision the coaches made because it is game week? Unless I am missing something, the official site shows August 25th as the last "practice report" story. :?:

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:00 am 
Coach Level

waverider wrote:
I have noticed that the practice reports have not been coming in as frequently as they had. Are they missing practice because of weather? Or, is this a decision the coaches made because it is game week? Unless I am missing something, the official site shows August 25th as the last "practice report" story. :?:

I have been wondering the same thing. What is going on?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:19 am 
Cornerstone

I could be wrong but I think that practice reports tend to tail off before the opener.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:44 pm 
Emerald Circle

Technically "Fall Camp" is over and I am sure that like most years and most schools - The start of 2-a-days or Fall Camp gets just about daily coverage but once the regular school year begins they dont do a detailed report of each practice. that would be nuts if you ask me to be honest. I dont want a detailed report of every practice - especially game week practices when they dont scrim anymore..... seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:19 pm 
Emerald Circle

bigmoneytx wrote:
Technically "Fall Camp" is over and I am sure that like most years and most schools - The start of 2-a-days or Fall Camp gets just about daily coverage but once the regular school year begins they dont do a detailed report of each practice. that would be nuts if you ask me to be honest. I dont want a detailed report of every practice - especially game week practices when they dont scrim anymore..... seriously.
Very true. I guess there really isn't anything to report. However, it would be nice to at least get an update on the kicking battle and injury updates. Now's the time that Tammy should be out there dong individual player profile type interviews to stock pile for during the season. I'm sure she has an Orleans Darkawa one ready for when the national media starts taking notice :wink:

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:21 pm 
President's Circle

I think it is the zone of silence :lol: :king:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:34 pm 
Emerald Circle

waverider wrote:
bigmoneytx wrote:
Very true. I guess there really isn't anything to report. However, it would be nice to at least get an update on the kicking battle and injury updates. Now's the time that Tammy should be out there dong individual player profile type interviews to stock pile for during the season. I'm sure she has an Orleans Darkawa one ready for when the national media starts taking notice :wink:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... ttlin.html

Ryan Rome, Cairo Santos battling for starting kicker spot with Tulane football team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:08 am 
Trainer

greenaub wrote:
I think it is the zone of silence :lol: :king:

Thanks, I needed the chuckle.