CBT to speak today at the NO QB Club

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: CBT to speak today at the NO QB Club

Post by waverider »

I think the fact that he was talking to the lsu coach and that he mentioned he was a coach at Oregon at one time, he may have felt obligated to say that he was pulling for lsu as to not be like the "enemy" in the room...He's trying to win over a community, not just Tulane fans...
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

long green wrote:
WaveProf wrote: both of the things you claim as your experience can be claimed by me and the latter claim of yours pales in experience to my "run ins" with same. Don't want to compare? Don't, then.

on edit: I am glad you both don't like LSU. It's just that some of us who could shake off Toledo's remark have made more bones in that regard than you. Back to our regularly scheduled loathing.
I wasn't comparing, I was pointing out if you want to compare, you really cant. But if you want to be a horse's mule about it, I might point out that the education angle effects my job on a daily basis (and whether or not my job will continue to exist). That doesn't mean I hate them more, or even as much. It doesn't mean that I have the length, or depth of experiences you have. It just means that I think its a stupid conversation to have to argue over who hates them more and why, and get some badge of honor because you've hated them longer.

I like you. A lot. And I respect your posts. I often wish I could be as thoughtful, though-out, and think-before-I-post as you usually are. And I get your (larger) point. But this is/was silly.
Last edited by WaveProf on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

I would have liked him to not say anything addressing LSU publicly on the microphone. If he wanted to pass on his well wishes to their coach before the meeting started in a private conversation, I have no issues with that.

We might not be competing with LSU head to head on any future schedules. However, I'd hope as we continue to rebuild our recruiting to level that we eventually go head to head with them on some in-state recruits. We use to do it not that long ago. I'll never forget in Spring of 2000 or 2001 listening to WWL one night and Nick Saban blasting some of Tulane's Recruiting practices. It made me grin from ear to ear.

I loathe LSU.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder