Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline
Breaker Level
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 403
Do we have any reports from the Gulfport Greet and Meet held last night


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Tulane49 wrote:
Do we have any reports from the Gulfport Greet and Meet held last night


I went. It was awesome. I hope they make it an annual tradition.

They served fried catfish, hush puppies, jambalaya, greens, and bread pudding. TD and WF were there, as were the swim, track, and tennis coaches and assistant coaches from both basketball teams.

TD talked about why he was optimistic about the future of basketball - the men's team significantly improved its GPA this past year, and the reason that's important is you can't be a slacker in the classroom and then flip a switch when you step on the court. The players are buying into the program and we're getting some good recruits. He talked about the process that resulted in the Fritz hire, the revival of the Angry Wave logo, and the previous event that was held at Bayou Bluff. In the spring of 1998, featuring a second year head coach...

We're also hiring a lot of administrative staff from P5 schools for the athletic department.

Bad news is there are no plans to revive women's soccer :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
There are also plans to build a new training center on the practice field, with the new practice field on the roof of that building.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5810
Location: Dripping Springs
Men's golf ???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline
Breaker Level
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 403
Godfather wrote:
Tulane49 wrote:
Do we have any reports from the Gulfport Greet and Meet held last night


I went. It was awesome. I hope they make it an annual tradition.

They served fried catfish, hush puppies, jambalaya, greens, and bread pudding. TD and WF were there, as were the swim, track, and tennis coaches and assistant coaches from both basketball teams.

TD talked about why he was optimistic about the future of basketball - the men's team significantly improved its GPA this past year, and the reason that's important is you can't be a slacker in the classroom and then flip a switch when you step on the court. The players are buying into the program and we're getting some good recruits. He talked about the process that resulted in the Fritz hire, the revival of the Angry Wave logo, and the previous event that was held at Bayou Bluff. In the spring of 1998, featuring a second year head coach...

We're also hiring a lot of administrative staff from P5 schools for the athletic department.

Bad news is there are no plans to revive women's soccer :(

Thanks for the report


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5810
Location: Dripping Springs
Godfather wrote:
There are also plans to build a new training center on the practice field, with the new practice field on the roof of that building.

Well, it will certainly drain well ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9179
sr wrote:
Men's golf ???

Lol, a men's sport? Seriously?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 2792
Location: Destin, FL
It was a great event with a strong turnout of both fans and Tulane representatives. In addition to the 6 Tulane coaches mentioned, 8 staff members made the trip. Lots of time for one on one with coaches and staff and the presentations by each of the 6 coaches were very informative. If you are in the Lafayette area and have a chance to go tomorrow, I highly encourage it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 2719
Location: Bloomington IN
any info on a possible 5th basketball signee this spring or summer in addition to the 4 already in hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:24 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19028
Location: Cincinnati, OH
I think this can be unstickied...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7396
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
+1000

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1401973, Bing [Bot], long green, OGSB, tulaneoutlaw and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group