Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9179
Roller wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
tumbuuh wrote:
Regardless of opinion on it being used for uniforms, what is this nonsense that green is Tulane's primary color with blue being a sometimes-used accent? That might be how it's been functionally for years, but Tulane (the university, not the sports team) has two colors: Olive Green and Sky Blue. In fact the "Green Wave" moniker didn't even come about until years of us being "The Olive and Blue." So like...have your personal preferences and make your argument about it being weird now that we're the Green Wave and all, but it's an established fact the university has two colors. It's not like there's a written code that says one is more important than the other.

...Also the length of this thread each year is directly related to the number of football losses. :coolshades:

Not only do I agree I think it’s so blatantly obvious it shouldn’t have to be said. I can’t think of a single other school that tries to invent silly arguments about how one of their colors isn’t “really” one of their colors.

And I also agree about how we all (myself fully included) are ridiculous for filling 8 pages on uniforms. Let’s hope that doesn’t mean 8 losses Or if it does, that we won’t make a ninth page
a) Nobody "tries to invent" arguments; the arguments have been around for years.
b) The arguments are not "silly"; calling them such, especially for a johnnie-come-lately, is the height of ridiculousness.

If people want our teams to wear blue and risk being identified with {shudder!} UNC, then I am but one voice, and I am not so hung up on my own opinion that I would absolutely insist that it not be done. But for the sake of propriety, if we're going to wear blue, let's change our name, because "Green Wave" would be wildly inappropriate for a team clad in something other than green. Perhaps, since "Tigers" is the most preferred mascot in college football, we could become the Tulane Tigers (unless we opted for something "banana-sluggish" and chose something like, say, "Tulane Fighting Cloud Formation").

Why is UNC associated with blue? Tar is black...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: Baton Rouge
Green on Green on Green on Green on Green for Houston. https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/931534804776038400

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19359
Location: New Orleans
the Grasshopper look..........

*sigh*

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: Baton Rouge
Since they are mixing things up I wouldn't mind seeing a Green Helmet - Blue shirt - Green pant look. It would true to team colors and unique.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19359
Location: New Orleans
I just don't care for the green helmet, really like the white helmet with the Green Wave logo.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 5826
Location: Gretna, LA
GreenieBacker wrote:
I just don't care for the green helmet, really like the white helmet with the Green Wave logo.

This. There is really no need for any helmet other than that one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:08 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20027
Location: North Kenner
GreenieBacker wrote:
the Grasshopper look..........

*sigh*
my thoughts exactly
GreenieBacker wrote:
I just don't care for the green helmet, really like the white helmet with the Green Wave logo.
I'd prefer the white helmets with every color combo of jersey.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm 
Online
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: Greeneville, TN
love that the first response on twitter was that the green-green-green unis are a response to complaints about not wearing enough green from forum posters. Wonder who they could mean? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24115
Location: New Orleans
everything schools say about their uniform choices is a lie, from "we're doing this to support our troops" to "the recruits love this."

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:15 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20027
Location: North Kenner
The blue shirts (which the players allegedly love) and the interlocking TU helmets were supposed to be this week. I wonder if this was our original homecoming look. Glad they liked the TU helmets too much to wait, but it's apparent that all green won't be avoided.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: Baton Rouge
long green wrote:
everything schools say about their uniform choices is a lie, from "we're doing this to support our troops" to "the recruits love this."


I believe the phrase "paying lip service" is spot on.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 4947
long green wrote:
everything schools say about their uniform choices is a lie, from "we're doing this to support our troops" to "the recruits love this."


THIS!!!

Meanwhile I'm supportive of green uni color schemes as in Green Wave not as in Little John and Alan-a-Dale. This makes me hope against hope that one day LSU wears periwinkle from cap to toe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 29665
Location: Way ahead of you
GreenieBacker wrote:
the Grasshopper look..........

*sigh*
You see wings? I don't see no wings. Them's not grasshoppers, Son. That there's a GREEN WAVE! It'll be washin' cougars out to sea afore y' know it.
Don't start singin' the blues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
Head Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am
Posts: 63
Those Triple Green Unis looked pretty damn good today!!! I wouldn't mind a little Baconwave throwback helmet for next year.

_________________
You're killin' me Smalls!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19028
Location: Cincinnati, OH
BACONWAVE wrote:
Those Triple Green Unis looked pretty damn good today!!! I wouldn't mind a little Baconwave throwback helmet for next year.

No! I played on the best Tulane teams in the bacon wave era and I still don't want to see that again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24115
Location: New Orleans
BACONWAVE wrote:
Those Triple Green Unis looked pretty damn good today!!! I wouldn't mind a little Baconwave throwback helmet for next year.


Go to hell.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
Head Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am
Posts: 63
long green wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
Those Triple Green Unis looked pretty damn good today!!! I wouldn't mind a little Baconwave throwback helmet for next year.


Go to hell.



STAY CLASSY!!!!! :green wink:

_________________
You're killin' me Smalls!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24115
Location: New Orleans
Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline
Head Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am
Posts: 63
long green wrote:
Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.


http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blog ... elmets.jpg

_________________
You're killin' me Smalls!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19028
Location: Cincinnati, OH
BACONWAVE wrote:
long green wrote:
Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.


http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blog ... elmets.jpg

What's your point? Tulane has "leaked" Twitter photos of a zillion combos of new and old helmets in the past five years just to stir attention and get people talking. I'm sure there are old helmet stickers of all those logos in the Wilson Building, just because someone was playing around with sticking various ones on various colors of new helmets doesn't mean they'll see the light of day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24115
Location: New Orleans
BACONWAVE wrote:
long green wrote:
Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.


http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blog ... elmets.jpg


Didn't look. Logo bad. Fire good.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 pm 
Offline
Head Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am
Posts: 63
PeteRasche wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
long green wrote:
Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.


http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blog ... elmets.jpg

What's your point? Tulane has "leaked" Twitter photos of a zillion combos of new and old helmets in the past five years just to stir attention and get people talking. I'm sure there are old helmet stickers of all those logos in the Wilson Building, just because someone was playing around with sticking various ones on various colors of new helmets doesn't mean they'll see the light of day.


No point.....He insulted me & I happen to like the T-Bacon helmet. He doesn't like the all green unis & the SENIORS voted on that outfit & we won. Now he doesn't like the T-Bacon helmet so I posted it because I like it. Plus if you stated Tulane "leaks" these possible future helmets to get people talking.... isn't that the point? It is OK to have different opinions... no need for insults.

_________________
You're killin' me Smalls!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 am 
Offline
Head Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:37 pm
Posts: 69
Location: New Orleans/Harahan, LA
I certainly agree that there is no need for ANY insults on this or other forums. It really bothers me when one Green (and Blue) Wave fan feels like they must insult another. Let's just keep it all on the subject. If you disagree with someone then post your own opinion. Nothing else need be said.

I am assuming that ALL posters are indeed Tulane fans
ALERT!!!
 
 
SARCASM!

_________________
Harahan Wave


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:43 am 
Offline
Breaker Level

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:56 am
Posts: 467
Location: Bestbank
PCWave wrote:
I certainly agree that there is no need for ANY insults on this or other forums. It really bothers me when one Green (and Blue) Wave fan feels like they must insult another. Let's just keep it all on the subject. If you disagree with someone then post your own opinion. Nothing else need be said.

I am assuming that ALL posters are indeed Tulane fans
ALERT!!!
 
 
SARCASM!


+1


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1401973, Bing [Bot], tulaneoutlaw and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group