Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

BC Wave wrote:
BeatNavy wrote:
Tulane49 wrote:
BeatNavy wrote:
Uniforms against Army were outstanding.

Had we worn white jersey Army would have been forced to wear their black jersey
Given the heat it would have taken a toll on the Army players
Home field advantage
Whoever makes these decisions needs to remember next time Tulane has a daytime game in September

It's a nice thought, but home can only wear white jerseys if visitor says it's okay.

I don't think that is true anymore.

From an August 2016 FAQ document from the NCAA:

"9. What are the rules about jersey colors for opposing teams? By rule the visiting team must wear white jerseys. This means white, which does not include light gray, pale yellow, etc. The home team may wear white, but only if they get written agreement with the visiting team before the season starts (Rule 1-4.5-b)."

Army would have had to agree to risk heat stroke. The light blue was our alternative to dark green, likely for the same reason.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:46 am 
Regent's Circle

OK, I think you are right.

I found a site that stated the SEC adopted a rule that lets the home team choose its jersey color which is why the d!ckheads up the river get to where white at their pleasure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:19 am 
President's Circle

BC Wave wrote:

I found a site that stated the SEC adopted a rule that lets the home team choose its jersey color which is why the d!ckheads up the river get to where white at their pleasure.

It's actually not a bad approach. And if the rule needs an agreement before the season, maybe we should try to get that agreement before the season and before game times are set.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:23 am 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

It's actually not a bad approach. And if the rule needs an agreement before the season, maybe we should try to get that agreement before the season and before game times are set.

Would only apply to conference games though, and why would the rest of our conference agree to giving us that advantage?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 am 
President's Circle

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

Would only apply to conference games though, and why would the rest of our conference agree to giving us that advantage?

What? I thought the rule quoted above was a NCAA rule.
waverider wrote:

"9. What are the rules about jersey colors for opposing teams? By rule the visiting team must wear white jerseys. This means white, which does not include light gray, pale yellow, etc. The home team may wear white, but only if they get written agreement with the visiting team before the season starts (Rule 1-4.5-b)."

And we're "rebranding" to wear white at home. And most schools wouldn't object because they would want the same courtesy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 am 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

waverider wrote:

And we're "rebranding" to wear white at home. And most schools wouldn't object because they would want the same courtesy.

Yes, by NCAA rule the visiting team wears white. SEC has a rule that allows otherwise for conference games which is what we'd be talking about, no? If LSU wears white at home OOC, it's because the visitor has agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 am 
President's Circle

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

waverider wrote:

Yes, by NCAA rule the visiting team wears white. SEC has a rule that allows otherwise for conference games which is what we'd be talking about, no? If LSU wears white at home OOC, it's because the visitor has agreed.

I wasn't thinking a conference rule, just getting an agreement with each of our opponents before the season starts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:25 am 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

waverider wrote:

I wasn't thinking a conference rule, just getting an agreement with each of our opponents before the season starts.

That would be a very tough sell for anyone looking at a possible day game in the first ~6 weeks of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 pm 
Regent's Circle

The uni for Tulsa -

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/914953621443190784

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:54 pm 
President's Circle

I like the blue and green together, but I like the white helmets a lot more than the green.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 am 
Coach Level

White helmets, green jerseys, and white pants should be our bas uniform. It simply looks like Tulane. Through the good years and bad as long as anyone here was alive it represented Tulane. Blue whirls are ok as an alternate. But I ibist we should wear white green white 66% percent of the time. On the road it matters less.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:59 pm 
Cornerstone

Poseidon wrote:
White helmets, green jerseys, and white pants should be our bas uniform. It simply looks like Tulane. Through the good years and bad as long as anyone here was alive it represented Tulane. Blue whirls are ok as an alternate. But I ibist we should wear white green white 66% percent of the time. On the road it matters less.

I think you spelled blue jerseys wrong. These should be our home uniforms.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:56 pm 
Riptide Level

FW wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

I think you spelled blue jerseys wrong. These should be our home uniforms.

For those extremely hot day games they certainly should be. This Saturday will be another hot one unless we get that 50% chance of downpours in its place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:58 pm 
Emerald Circle

as much as I like the blue jerseys, we're the Green Wave. Our normal home jersey should be green.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:02 pm 
Cornerstone

GreenieBacker wrote:
as much as I like the blue jerseys, we're the Green Wave. Our normal home jersey should be green.
+1
I'd even support pale green jerseys if they should prove to be significantly cooler.
Otherwise, we become the Blue Wall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:42 pm 
Riptide Level

GreenieBacker wrote:

I absolutely agree but note what I said about the weather being a determining factor. That light blue is a lot cooler than dark green. We always talk about player safety. We shouldn't just give it lip service. Tulane ,nor any school, can control kick-off times anymore. TV does. If they are going to stick us with day games at times when it is brutally hot we have an option and we should use it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:03 pm 
Regent's Circle

You swayed me. We should wear light blue for day games through mid Oct. (generally)
Green for all other games. (all night games and all games from mid October - November.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 pm 
Emerald Circle

BC Wave wrote:
You swayed me. We should wear light blue for day games through mid Oct. (generally)
Green for all other games. (all night games and all games from mid October - November.

This is a good schedule to follow. I had suggested in one of the Army threads that we may have worn the blue as an alternative to the dark green because of the heat. Makes sense. Throw away the grey shirts and put in a retro helmet for homecoming and the uniform discussion can be put to rest :-D

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

Yeah, this topic being retired is like

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:44 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
I like the blue and green together, but I like the white helmets a lot more than the green.

I agree. The blue shirts with green pants has an old school feel to it and I like it for a game. I'd rather white helmets with any combo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:18 pm 
Riptide Level

waverider wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

I agree. The blue shirts with green pants has an old school feel to it and I like it for a game. I'd rather white helmets with any combo.

Somebody help me here. One time in the late 70's or early 80's we wore the blue and green together. I think it was blue pants with green jersey's and it just didn't work. Maybe reversed it would but that one time it really didn't.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:18 pm 
Emerald Circle

Green hat, green shirt and white pants vs Tulsa.

Quote:
JACKPOT

Green Helmet:

Green Jersey:

White Pants:

Green Cleats:

#RollWave

Last edited by waverider on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm 
Coach Level

waverider wrote:

AKA 99-2007. Trying to break the Tulsa curse head on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:

AKA 99-2007. Trying to break the Tulsa curse head on.
the shade of green on those helmets was a lot better looking than the weird green we use now. I don't care for the green angry wave on the green helmets. Contrasting colors.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:40 pm 
Emerald Circle

I agree wr. the green we use on the helmets is some sort of fluorescent green color. Stick with the white helmets, green Angry Wave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next