FIU

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Roller
Cornerstone

Re: FIU

Post by Roller »

PeteRasche wrote:Seriously, y'all should have the Tulane athletics app installed already anyway. If you have Tunein installed just for our games, you don't need it because the athletics app has the streams.
I have it for my phone, but, for several reasons, I prefer to listen through my PC, and for some strange reason, the Tulane App is not made available for the Windows OS. I have listened through my phone in the past, but it's irritating when I get phone calls during the game and have to bounce around.
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

I too listen on my phone when I can't get video. But it can be nail biting when you can't actually see the action. Maybe I will pay the $6.95 for the CUSA broadcast.

Roll Wave
Harahan Wave
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

Johnny Mac wrote:I waited too long to buy my ticket.. Tulane only sold 80 tix and sent the rest back. So, I bought mine through fiu. I got an email today to hit will call early because they apparently sold the game out. Not sure why this game is suddenly so popular.
You just gave me a mild heart attack, because we never buy the away tickets in advance unless it's Alabama or the OU game. We usually walk up and buy tickets at the away games, even at more well attended games like for Syracuse and for Rutgers.

So I have been trying to figure out the away sections at the FIU stadium to reserve our seats - I went online to the FIU ticket website and there are literally hundreds and hundred of seats open to pick from. https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome ... 47321&KEY=

From gleaning thru some of the different forums - I read that the FIU student section is 135 (?) but the home bench is across the field.

All of the posts I have read say that FIU's stadium is empty on game days.

Anyways, I am thinking of tickets in 131? Where are the Tulane tickets?
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

DrHullabaloo wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:I waited too long to buy my ticket.. Tulane only sold 80 tix and sent the rest back. So, I bought mine through fiu. I got an email today to hit will call early because they apparently sold the game out. Not sure why this game is suddenly so popular.
You just gave me a mild heart attack, because we never buy the away tickets in advance unless it's Alabama or the OU game. We usually walk up and buy tickets at the away games, even at more well attended games like for Syracuse and for Rutgers.

So I have been trying to figure out the away sections at the FIU stadium to reserve our seats - I went online to the FIU ticket website and there are literally hundreds and hundred of seats open to pick from. https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome ... 47321&KEY=

From gleaning thru some of the different forums - I read that the FIU student section is 135 (?) but the home bench is across the field.

That's where our tickets are located. The last six rows of both sections around the visiting 50 yard line are open for sale.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

nevermind!
Last edited by DrHullabaloo on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

DrHullabaloo wrote:The other nugget I read is that Riccardo Silva stadium is dry as a bone, so everyone who paid $45 for tailgating should keep that in mind. I laughed when I read somd of their comments that dry stadiums is an NCAA rule. These poor misinformed fans! No wonder they have trouble recruiting fans. Even the bible thumpers at Wake Forest let the Knights of Columbus chapter dispense pints to all of the sinners at their stadium as a fundraiser.

I also lol'd that we are their homecoming.
That's funny. I found on the Stadium information website that they have beer at certain concession stands
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

can i get the game with a fire stick?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

windywave wrote:can i get the game with a fire stick?
You can get it however you want, but I'd suggest getting medicine for the burning first 8)
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

DrHullabaloo wrote:

So you don't pay for tailgates and don't buy the tickets from the school. Got it
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

That's a shame, it was a lot of fun to sit in the sea of green at OU.
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

waverider wrote:
You can get it however you want, but I'd suggest getting medicine for the burning first 8)
Is the stuff dripping out supposed to be purple? The pills they gave me would choke a horse.

Seriously, if I buy the game can I use the fire stick to put it on my TV?
#cousins don't count
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

windywave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Is the stuff dripping out supposed to be purple? The pills they gave me would choke a horse.

Seriously, if I buy the game can I use the fire stick to put it on my TV?
I'm not at home, but I'm fairly certain I installed an app to let me watch whatever's in my browser on it. I know that's not much help, but look around. I think it was a fire tv cast app.
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

windywave wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:

So you don't pay for tailgates and don't buy the tickets from the school. Got it
A block of Away tickets are provided to the visiting school to sell to their fans as a courtesy. The price is set by the host school. The money is earned by the host school. The only thing fans get by buying through Tulane ticket office is getting a seat in the visitor block. Unsold tickets are returned.

So correct, glad you are following along. We buy tickets when we get to the games. For some reason some schools do two sections. One for the visiting alumni that is what the TU Alumni sell, and a different one for the players and coaches families which is where we prefer sitting. So we wait and buy tickets where we know our people.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

windywave wrote:
That's a shame, it was a lot of fun to sit in the sea of green at OU.
I'm sitting in the Tulane section despite my row 1 seat behind the fiu bench
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

DrHullabaloo wrote:
windywave wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:

A block of Away tickets are provided to the visiting school to sell to their fans as a courtesy. The price is set by the host school. The money is earned by the host school. The only thing fans get by buying through Tulane ticket office is getting a seat in the visitor block. Unsold tickets are returned.

So correct, glad you are following along. We buy tickets when we get to the games. For some reason some schools do two sections. One for the visiting alumni that is what the TU Alumni sell, and a different one for the players and coaches families which is where we prefer sitting. So we wait and buy tickets where we know our people.
Selling only 80 tickets just reinforces we don't travel well.
#cousins don't count
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

windywave wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:
windywave wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:

82 tickets, however.

I guess cat's out of the bag on Tulane not being a team that travels.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

DrHullabaloo wrote:
windywave wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:
windywave wrote:
DrHullabaloo wrote:

82 tickets, however.

I guess cat's out of the bag on Tulane not being a team that travels.
You fail to see the irony in your post, don't you?
#cousins don't count
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

The irony of being AT the game .... I'll wave my spirit shakers towards Chicago
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Seriously why are we arguing?

Rain still in the forecast?
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

DrHullabaloo wrote:The irony of being AT the game .... I'll wave my spirit shakers towards Chicago
So no, you didn't see the irony.
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

GreenieBacker wrote:Seriously why are we arguing?

Rain still in the forecast?
Couple of showers rolled thru earlier. Just hot and humid now
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

I paid the $6.95 and I sincerely regret it. What an "egg laying." I really thought that Fritz would have them ready for the second half, but it was not to be. Once again, the Wave lets us down.
Harahan Wave