Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:50 am
Posts: 7141
Location: new orleans, la
We really need to send ESPN some Angry Wave stickers...

https://www.twitter.com/ScroogeDaddy/st ... 3675352064


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19173
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Photos all over Facebook this morning that Tulane was one of the best looking uniforms today, had a fully fit out mannequin with the whites and Angry Wave helmet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:20 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20102
Location: North Kenner
The Bear still hasn't made the pick (as of 10:18c) on our game. He picked upsets in his other two games.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 12970
waverider wrote:
The Bear still hasn't made the pick (as of 10:18c) on our game. He picked upsets in his other two games.


I literally just turned on the television. I'm not sure if he picked FIU to win or just cover.

_________________
He was in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 17814
Location: Chicago
OGSB wrote:
waverider wrote:
The Bear still hasn't made the pick (as of 10:18c) on our game. He picked upsets in his other two games.


I literally just turned on the television. I'm not sure if he picked FIU to win or just cover.


cover


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:25 am 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 1750
Location: Pass Christian, MS
I feel a beat down coming on....we will hang 60+ on them....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 7977
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Bear picked FIU to cover. We shall see...or hear.

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 29723
Location: Way ahead of you
Who is Bear? I thought Bryant died a long time ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19173
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Roller wrote:
Who is Bear?

This is hard to believe so you might want to make sure you're sitting down, but.... ESPN has "experts" whose sole job is to give their opinions on sports.

I know, it's crazy, right? I mean, why would people want to watch talking heads talk about sports instead of watching actual sports?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 29723
Location: Way ahead of you
PeteRasche wrote:
Roller wrote:
Who is Bear?

This is hard to believe so you might want to make sure you're sitting down, but.... ESPN has "experts" whose sole job is to give their opinions on sports.

I know, it's crazy, right? I mean, why would people want to watch talking heads talk about sports instead of watching actual sports?
Thanks, Pete. I avoid sports opinion shows; they are cesspools of idiocy.
Anyway, from your response, I presume that "Bear" is yet another ESPN talking head--either a washed up former player or a fan who really has barely a clue about what they discuss, so long as they can get paid to pander to the other fans who are starved for "information."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19173
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Roller wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Roller wrote:
Who is Bear?

This is hard to believe so you might want to make sure you're sitting down, but.... ESPN has "experts" whose sole job is to give their opinions on sports.

I know, it's crazy, right? I mean, why would people want to watch talking heads talk about sports instead of watching actual sports?
Thanks, Pete. I avoid sports opinion shows; they are cesspools of idiocy.
Anyway, from your response, I presume that "Bear" is yet another ESPN talking head--either a washed up former player or a fan who really has barely a clue about what they discuss, so long as they can get paid to pander to the other fans who are starved for. or "information."

I don't even know. I was just being snarky.

What, me, snarky about ESPN?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group