Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: Broadmoor
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20014
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
God bless Troy Dannen

Now let’s beat FIU by a lot so this game can be as big as we all hope.

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20014
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
in what world was this year a cream puff schedule?

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:02 pm
Posts: 2804
Location: metairie, La
Excuse me if I dont have connections on discounted tickets. Grambling, for one is a joke Tulane should beat Army every year they play at home. My main point is dont keep raising prices on local fans who would have supported you for years and yet you rarely win. At least wait till you have a winning season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19446
Location: New Orleans
Go away. Come back when you work out whatever issues you clearly have.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:02 pm
Posts: 2804
Location: metairie, La
I have no problems How about you? Im not a snowflake. Can handle whatever is your problem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1974
Location: Baton Rouge
Wavemania wrote:
Excuse me if I dont have connections on discounted tickets. Grambling, for one is a joke Tulane should beat Army every year they play at home. My main point is dont keep raising prices on local fans who would have supported you for years and yet you rarely win. At least wait till you have a winning season.


The Family zone is $300 for four tickets. Its marketed for two adults and two children, but they all scan as adults. That's $75 per season ticket, or $12.50 per ticket per game. :roll:

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3340
Location: Wichita
Poseidon wrote:
Wavemania wrote:
Excuse me if I dont have connections on discounted tickets. Grambling, for one is a joke Tulane should beat Army every year they play at home. My main point is dont keep raising prices on local fans who would have supported you for years and yet you rarely win. At least wait till you have a winning season.


The Family zone is $300 for four tickets. Its marketed for two adults and two children, but they all scan as adults. That's $75 per season ticket, or $12.50 per ticket per game. :roll:


But back in nineteen sebenty-threeve I could buy season tickets for $12.50!

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 5062
gerryb323 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Wavemania wrote:
Excuse me if I dont have connections on discounted tickets. Grambling, for one is a joke Tulane should beat Army every year they play at home. My main point is dont keep raising prices on local fans who would have supported you for years and yet you rarely win. At least wait till you have a winning season.


The Family zone is $300 for four tickets. Its marketed for two adults and two children, but they all scan as adults. That's $75 per season ticket, or $12.50 per ticket per game. :roll:


But back in nineteen sebenty-threeve I could buy season tickets for $12.50!


Actually it was free if you were a Boy Scout. But you had to usher and stand respectfully during the National Anthem. Obviously that was a different century.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 5848
Location: Gretna, LA
Getting back on topic, this is a great idea and very smart to get it moving now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 1750
Location: Pass Christian, MS
I think this is a great idea. Let's beat FIU and then pack the house for USF. Yes, I paid full price for my season tickets. I don't care. I want butts in seats. The attendance for the last three games has been terrible for obvious reasons (the opponent, the time and the weather and the time). Let's make sure the next home game looks like a home field crowd. Kudos!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17417
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
Wavemania wrote:
At least wait till you have a winning season.
Something tells me you’ll be screaming then too.

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19173
Location: Cincinnati, OH
If they win this weekend, I wonder if we'll repost the ad with USF's new, presumably better ranking next week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 am 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 1119
Got 4 tickets. 2nd row upper deck 50 yard line.

I've always wanted to go check it out over there and was going to buy tickets on stub hub for this game. Now Tulane gets my money rather than someone who already purchased their tickets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19173
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Announcement poster (or whatever you want to call that thing in the OP) has been revised already today with new information.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 2736
Location: Bloomington IN
3 giveaways per quarter; those prizes really are out of this world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 1119
PeteRasche wrote:
Announcement poster (or whatever you want to call that thing in the OP) has been revised already today with new information.
Image


I searched on the Tulane website and couldn't find a link to this. Does anyone have it I'd like to forward to people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 2736
Location: Bloomington IN
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A7A1682


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 5848
Location: Gretna, LA
Will someone from the compliance office be there to check for NCAA eligibility if the contestant makes the field goal? :angel:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20102
Location: North Kenner
I'm excited for post game fireworks, but that could be dampened by a bad loss.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20014
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
waverider wrote:
I'm excited for post game fireworks, but that could be dampened by a bad loss.

Win or lose the fireworks will be awesome.

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:41 am
Posts: 573
WaveProf wrote:
waverider wrote:
I'm excited for post game fireworks, but that could be dampened by a bad loss.

Win or lose the fireworks will be awesome.


To be a fly on the way at the NIMBY convention.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 5062
Let's invite ZZ Top to do a post game concert as part of its current tour. BTW at the Saenger in November if you prefer an indoor venue!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 17814
Location: Chicago
Well if we are going that route I think every time we score we ahould sound a Tsunami horn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Yulman Fest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Marietta, GA
windywave wrote:
Well if we are going that route I think every time we score we ahould sound a Tsunami horn


Great idea. We won't have any neighbors for 10 miles. We can add the upper deck on the west side and everything. Just nuke the whole neighborhood. Awesome.

Being so good at football as to have a Tsunami Horn go off for TDs should be our goal.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group