Fox 8 weather for Saturday

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Fox 8 weather for Saturday

Post by waverider »

Fan Since '54 wrote:Here something most of you (probably a pretty high percentage) don't know. When it says, oh, 60% chance of rain, it doesn't mean that there is a 60% chance of rain happening. It's gonna rain alright, and the real meaning is that rain will happen over a 60% of the area. In any case that 60%, while just an arbitrary number for this example, is still a pretty high percentage. :roll:

In any case, I will be making my decision "go" or "no go" about 4:30PM. I will be dressed to "go" at that time in either case, with weather gear on hand in the event the wet stuff arrives at the stadium.

Fan since '54
I'm in the 1%, though admittedly this is something I think about almost daily as something I want to ask a local weatherman. Bruce Katz on Fox8 actually says "...60% of you will see rain" while most other locals say "..60% chance we'll see rain". I've been under the same impression as you that 60% means "60% of the viewing area will see rain at some point.". So far the storms are scattered. As the front approaches they'll become more isolated.

I'm going either way, especially since the chance goes down significantly at game time, I plan to leave at 3 unless something changes in the 45 minutes.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson