Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 29862
Location: Chattanooga, TN
We haven't improved as much as I expected, but I'm going to judge after year 3. I honestly think Banks makes a huge jump next year. We have 13 seniors and 1 grad transfer. 11 of those play key roles, but as good as Hilliard is, and he is, I think the running game will be in good hands with Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson. The TEs will be good, and the WRs will be good. The OL can't be worse. My worry is the defense regressing, but though losing Parry and Franklin, I think the DBs will improve overall because I like the young talent. Anyway, last year's 4-8 should have been 6-6, and this year's 4-6, should be 5-5 right now. Again, not great or even good, but I don't see Toledo or CJ here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24115
Location: New Orleans
The DL will be young but we'll probably have more in the way of "numbers" on the field. I hope that makes a positive difference. We can't replace Parry with a player as good but we'll have some options for the corner spot opposite Lewis. We also need someone to step up as a pass rusher.

Banks' current big gap is completing downfield passes to wide open receivers and deep balls, generally. It's like his eyes go BIG when he sees someone breaking free and his mechanics go to pieces. That is something that does often improve over time. Tanner Lee was strictly line drives on deep passes his first year but he got noticeably better at dropping it in there his second year here. No reason Banks can't also do this.

No wait, Banks' current big gap is also running the full triple option, too.

The OL needs to keep getting better. We need one of the two redshirting true freshmen to make the move to full-timer or the next best thing. If one of next year's OL signees makes a contribution that will be nice, too.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20027
Location: North Kenner
As it's been for quite a few years now, the OL will continue to be a worry. I was getting confused at your Banks assessment until you corrected yourself. If Banks could just get the "pitch/keep" aspect down he could be effective.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:56 am 
Offline
Crest Level

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:27 am
Posts: 77
FW wrote:
We haven't improved as much as I expected, but I'm going to judge after year 3 . I honestly think Banks makes a huge jump next year. We have 13 seniors and 1 grad transfer. 11 of those play key roles, but as good as Hilliard is, and he is, I think the running game will be in good hands with Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson. The TEs will be good, and the WRs will be good. The OL can't be worse. My worry is the defense regressing, but though losing Parry and Franklin, I think the DBs will improve overall because I like the young talent. Anyway, last year's 4-8 should have been 6-6, and this year's 4-6, should be 5-5 right now . Again, not great or even good, but I don't see Toledo or CJ here.


Losing the U/C game was very disappointing to me and many others. That was a very winnable league game. People would really be excited if Tulane's record right now was AAC: 3-3 & ALL: 5-5.

Tulane's PASSING game must improve if it wants to keep up with the rest of this league when it comes to scoring ability. Next year, Fritz really should play the QB who is the best at a consistent passing game. If you can achieve a BALANCED offensive attack, then you can legitimately talk about going to postseason next year and ending up with a winning record
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 am 
Offline
Crest Level

Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:09 am
Posts: 102
Location: Boston, MA
Has anyone else noticed that Banks is sometimes rubbing his chest/shoulder after long throws? I've seen it in just about every game and I wonder if he's still not right from the injury early in the season. It's seems to be at least affecting him in his head. I haven't seen this mentioned but apologies if I've missed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20027
Location: North Kenner
2palmer0 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that Banks is sometimes rubbing his chest/shoulder after long throws? I've seen it in just about every game and I wonder if he's still not right from the injury early in the season. It's seems to be at least affecting him in his head. I haven't seen this mentioned but apologies if I've missed it.

I've noticed it and when I watched the coach's show I thought about it and wanted to bring it up here so I'm glad you reminded me.
I was wondering too if he's not 100% (many guys aren't 100% this late in the season) but it appears that the shoulder is really bothering him as he rubs under his arm pit and rotates his shoulder, often with a grimace on his face. I've noticed it after he's gotten tackled as well.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19359
Location: New Orleans
that's the thing about a Fritz Offense your QB is going to get hit. A lot.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:28 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3271
Location: Wichita
How do I get my text to be bolded all of the time?

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17312
Location: Philly & Ocean City, MD
gerryb323 wrote:
How do I get my text to be bolded all of the time?
Lobotomy. :mrgreen:

_________________
Tulanian since 1974


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24115
Location: New Orleans
You can do any number of things with the tool bar to make your posts stand out...at least until you're voted off the YOGWF island for being obnoxious about it.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3271
Location: Wichita
long green wrote:
You can do any number of things with the tool bar to make your posts stand out...at least until you're voted off the YOGWF island for being obnoxious about it.


ALERT!!!
 
Wait, what?!
 
SARCASM!

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5810
Location: Dripping Springs
gerryb323 wrote:
long green wrote:
You can do any number of things with the tool bar to make your posts stand out...at least until you're voted off the YOGWF island for being obnoxious about it.


ALERT!!!
 
Wait, what?!
 
SARCASM!

This could get interesting ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19359
Location: New Orleans
So, when do we vote?

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: Baton Rouge
GreenieBacker wrote:
So, when do we vote?


As soon as they announce the last one left gets 500k.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:00 pm 
Offline
Crest Level

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:27 am
Posts: 77
sr wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
long green wrote:
You can do any number of things with the tool bar to make your posts stand out...at least until you're voted off the YOGWF island for being obnoxious about it.


ALERT!!!
 
Wait, what?!
 
SARCASM!

This could get interesting ....


One wonders if it might come to this . . . . . . .

ROLL TIDE .... WAR EAGLE ...


https://www.yahoo.com/sports/iron-bowl-looming-man-shoots-man-alabama-auburn-argument-181033029.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4+ wins
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 am
Posts: 7396
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
How do I get my text to be bolded all of the time?
Lobotomy. :mrgreen:


Prefer a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

_________________
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1401973, tulaneoutlaw and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group