Senior Day tomorrow

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
long green
Cornerstone

Senior Day tomorrow

Unread post by long green »

There are some great young men who will be playing their last home game tomorrow afternoon and they deserve the best send-off you can give them. The weather should be fine and we've got something to play for against a good opponent.

I'll just mention one guy here: Parry Nickerson may be one of the best cover guys and big-play defenders I've seen in my lifetime as a Tulane fan. Never forget, also, that he has been playing on a painful knee the whole time. Not long after he got here it was thought that his knee issues would keep him from playing college football. Bless Parry Nickerson for all he has been through and all he has done.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: Senior Day tomorrow

Unread post by tjtlja »

Well said!
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

Thanks for that lg. Couldn't have said it better myself. May all DBs remember his fight, grit, confidence and non-stop effort.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

1401973 wrote:Thanks for that lg. Couldn't have said it better myself. May all DBs remember his fight, grit, confidence and non-stop effort.
... plus his interception last week was simply spectacular !!
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

long green wrote:There are some great young men who will be playing their last home game tomorrow afternoon and they deserve the best send-off you can give them. The weather should be fine and we've got something to play for against a good opponent.

I'll just mention one guy here: Parry Nickerson may be one of the best cover guys and big-play defenders I've seen in my lifetime as a Tulane fan. Never forget, also, that he has been playing on a painful knee the whole time. Not long after he got here it was thought that his knee issues would keep him from playing college football. Bless Parry Nickerson for all he has been through and all he has done.
:!: :!: :!:
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

I'm hoping to be at the game until at least half time so I can watch the rest at home while getting ready for a wedding. Win or lose, I'll have free drinks to celebrate or cope :lol:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

long green wrote:There are some great young men who will be playing their last home game tomorrow afternoon and they deserve the best send-off you can give them. The weather should be fine and we've got something to play for against a good opponent.

Truth. May Tre Jackson, who has knee issues too, follow in his footsteps.
We deserve so much better
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

waverider wrote:I'm hoping to be at the game until at least half time so I can watch the rest at home while getting ready for a wedding. Win or lose, I'll have free drinks to celebrate or cope :lol:
You mean that members of your family plan weddings during football season?! Unforgivable!!!

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
StPeteWave
Navigator Level

Unread post by StPeteWave »

tjtlja wrote:Well said!
AMEN !
Private Joker
Coach Level

Unread post by Private Joker »

I don't think we've beaten a favored opponent in the Willie Fritz era. Let's change that today.
waverider
Cornerstone

Fan Since '54 wrote:
waverider wrote:I'm hoping to be at the game until at least half time so I can watch the rest at home while getting ready for a wedding. Win or lose, I'll have free drinks to celebrate or cope :lol:
You mean that members of your family plan weddings during football season?! Unforgivable!!!

FS'54
It's worse than that. This date was picked because lsu was off (or maybe away) this day last year so my cousin and her fiancée gambled that lsu would be off (or away) again this year. Her brother and I have been given her a hard time since the day they announced it would be in November.
Tulane Greenbackers

Private Joker
Coach Level

Unread post by Private Joker »

Private Joker wrote:I don't think we've beaten a favored opponent in the Willie Fritz era. Let's change that today.
DONE!!
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

Today could be considered a trifecta of sorts; three wins this year were against teams that have been a burr under the saddle to the football team for quite some time. I remember watching Tulane snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against Army. Tulsa had our number until this year. Now Houston has been fallen to the wayside. We felt relief when we broke the streak against on, were breathing a sigh of relief with the second. Now we have taken care of business with the third.

Almost enough to evoke optimism in even the most pessimistic among us.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Now if the men's basketball team can beat Fordham tomorrow night, we'll pull the four game weekend... uh... "quadfecta"? MBB and WBB Friday, FB Saturday, MBB again Sunday.

Oh, I just saw volleyball lost today... won't be a completely perfect weekend...
waverider
Cornerstone

AO Sig wrote:Today could be considered a trifecta of sorts; three wins this year were against teams that have been a burr under the saddle to the football team for quite some time. I remember watching Tulane snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against Army. Tulsa had our number until this year. Now Houston has been fallen to the wayside. We felt relief when we broke the streak against on, were breathing a sigh of relief with the second. Now we have taken care of business with the third.

Don't forget, never won at ECU before this season.
Tulane Greenbackers

BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by BC Wave »

I had to miss the game due to daughter’s wedding, wr. To be fair to her, though, the date was chosen because it’s when her sister could come back to the USA from Rwanda where she is teaching in the Peace Corps.

Now on to Dallas!
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

AO Sig wrote:Today could be considered a trifecta of sorts; three wins this year were against teams that have been a burr under the saddle to the football team for quite some time. I remember watching Tulane snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against Army. Tulsa had our number until this year. Now Houston has been fallen to the wayside. We felt relief when we broke the streak against on, were breathing a sigh of relief with the second. Now we have taken care of business with the third.

And don't forget the broken futility-streak at Greenville.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Us longtimers knew it wouldn’t be easy, but we’re getting there.

On to win #6!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium