J Brantley Gone

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Re: J Brantley Gone

Post by Poseidon »

waverider wrote:Fritz has said multiple times that he would like passing to be about 50% of the plays. There was mention of possibly hiring his OC from Sam Houston.

The fact that Brantley played as little as he did tells us Fritz wants to throw more.
Coaches can say a lot. I agree, but again the was no evidence on the field of this before Houston. You don't play 22 games doing as little passing as possible and get to say "we would like to." Again a change for the better IMO and Brantly, who was a very good runner, leaving means a lot.

BTW did we see McClain at all after Oklahoma? Was he "injured and forced to apply for a medical redshirt." ?
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: J Brantley Gone

Post by waverider »

Poseidon wrote:
waverider wrote:Fritz has said multiple times that he would like passing to be about 50% of the plays. There was mention of possibly hiring his OC from Sam Houston.

The fact that Brantley played as little as he did tells us Fritz wants to throw more.
Coaches can say a lot. I agree, but again the was no evidence on the field of this before Houston. You don't play 22 games doing as little passing as possible and get to say "we would like to." Again a change for the better IMO and Brantly, who was a very good runner, leaving means a lot.

BTW did we see McClain at all after Oklahoma? Was he "injured and forced to apply for a medical redshirt." ?
But when the coach says on a weekly basis that the QB is learning a little more each week and after 9 games declares that the said QB now knows "almost half the playbook" I wouldn't say the lack of passing early on was anything but ability. As Banks' ability progressed, so did the expansion of the playbook. However, the lack of passing wasn't all on Banks. Not many QBs can pull off the half step drop to accommodate the OL's inability to hold a block.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson