Asst. HC Atkins staying at Tulane

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
SomeBiz
Riptide Level

Re: Asst. HC Atkins staying at Tulane

Post by SomeBiz »

Good news. Wonder if this might mean that Leeward Brown stays, too.
Tulane class of '79
Billow
Coach Level

Post by Billow »

So much for this guy Nick Burgess to be accurate with regard to Fritz and Atkins.....
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Billow wrote:So much for this guy Nick Burgess to be accurate with regard to Fritz and Atkins.....
Exactly, trust in Fritz
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

and ignore the noise. Especially from a bitter apologist for the Program WF left behind.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Report: Asst. HC Atkins returning to Georgia Southern

Post by waverider »

WaveProf wrote:Fritz is not and never would consider going back to GSU. Ain’t happening. The quote that is confusing Dr H has to do w/ the OL coach. My guess is that the twitter dude thinks that the announcement is on hold until after the early signing date per Fritz’s request but the GSU AD may mix the offer cause he doesn’t want to wait and none of this is helped by the bad blood between fritz and their AD

I know nothing about the SMU rumor except to say if it were a real rumor we wouldn’t ONLY be hearing it from a GSU guy
I took the tweet to indicate that it would be difficult to hire Fritz's right hand man of there's still bad blood between Fritz and the GSU AD.

Doesn't matter now!
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Post by TU77CAL82 »

Football Assistant Head Coach Alex Atkins Named Running Game Coordinator
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/12 ... nator.aspx
Tulane football assistant head coach and offensive line coach Alex Atkins has been promoted to running game coordinator, head coach Willie Fritz announced Thursday.
I assume that promotion means raise.
"Alex has done an excellent job with our offensive line, and is already greatly involved with the planning of the running game and our whole offensive game plan," Fritz said. "That is why we wanted to add the title of run game coordinator. He lends valuable expertise to our game planning and offensive scheme."
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TU77CAL82 wrote:
Football Assistant Head Coach Alex Atkins Named Running Game Coordinator
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/12 ... nator.aspx
Tulane football assistant head coach and offensive line coach Alex Atkins has been promoted to running game coordinator, head coach Willie Fritz announced Thursday.
I assume that promotion means raise.
"Alex has done an excellent job with our offensive line, and is already greatly involved with the planning of the running game and our whole offensive game plan," Fritz said. "That is why we wanted to add the title of run game coordinator. He lends valuable expertise to our game planning and offensive scheme."
Think we solved the mystery of why he didn't leave for GSU.
JtS
Regent's Circle

Post by JtS »

Adkins recruits the hel1 out of GA. We do not need to lose that gift among his many other talents...
noladave
Regent's Circle

Post by noladave »

Ok, never heard of that position, but Mazal, I guess. Is this part of the new 10th coach position title?

Glad we could keep this staff together. I got to see a few things this year, and I love how Troy and Willie (and the rest of the staff) are working together. Is there room for improvement? Sure, but it’s sure not like the old days.

RIP “Cone of Silence”.