Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2326
tjtlja wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:
Says the snowflake that doesn't go to Tulane games.


Went to two road games this year. When Tulane is accessible I go and I don't whine about how entitled I am "because I've been a fan so long." HTFU


Oh Great Northern One, did you make any of the scrimmages???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:58 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 18530
Location: Chicago
wavedom wrote:
Their games are almost always at the same time. They also haven't lost for seven decades. Sorry your jealousy is getting the best of you.


Really all Big 10 games start at the same time? All Notre Dame games too? You're either too stupid or ignorant (possibly detached from reality) to continue this conversation with. (Go to the UND website and check out their varied kick off times at home this year. The Big 10 comment is too moronic to even acknowledge).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:45 am 
Offline
Breaker Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 438
ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.

_________________
It's not over !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:35 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 18530
Location: Chicago
wavedom wrote:
ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.


So you basically pulles things out of your ass and were wrong.

Yes when I think wimpy and cold I think Big 10 country.

You make certain other posters on here look like Mensa members.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:09 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17774
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
wavedom wrote:
ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.

I don’t think many folks living in New Orleans can reasonably call anyone who lives in northern climes cold weather wimpy. When I was there on 6 December and it dropped from the 80s into the lower 50s, people thought the Ice Age had begun. I saw parkas on Canal Street.

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 5919
Location: Gretna, LA
wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
TV picks game times/dates. That's a fact of life if you follow college football at higher than the CUSA level. It's not a matter of anyone listening to anyone, other than TV telling you (after writing their rather large check to the conference) what you'll be doing.



And I noted that. However it's also true that your athletic department can let the league and the networks know what your preference is. That's all I've asked of Dannen on this issue. LSU has done it and they have since been accommodated for the most part. True story.

The SEC and LoSer-U sadly have just a smidge more pull than we do. You also obviously missed the very loud whining from Baton Rouge about more than one of their game times being set by TV this season.


They didn't have any complaints for the couple of years before that b/c their AD stepped up. Just think ours should do the same. We are in a smaller conference that gets a lot smaller check. Some of our games are on-line only . so it shouldn't take as much pull to get it done.

So because we're less valuable you think we have more pull? That's illogical. There's a reason that the games on the really oddball nights throughout the season are always from the smaller conferences--because ESPN has even more ability to bully them into the schedule change.

Clearly, you just want to be mad. There is no way TD has the ability to change this kickoff time and date, which has been dictated by TV. There's no point in responding to you further on this topic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2326
TUPF wrote:
wavedom wrote:
ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.

I don’t think many folks living in New Orleans can reasonably call anyone who lives in northern climes cold weather wimpy. When I was there on 6 December and it dropped from the 80s into the lower 50s, people thought the Ice Age had begun. I saw parkas on Canal Street.


But we can certainly call some snowflakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17774
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
tjtlja wrote:
TUPF wrote:
wavedom wrote:
ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.

I don’t think many folks living in New Orleans can reasonably call anyone who lives in northern climes cold weather wimpy. When I was there on 6 December and it dropped from the 80s into the lower 50s, people thought the Ice Age had begun. I saw parkas on Canal Street.


But we can certainly call some snowflakes.
Don’t you have a scrimmage to attend to?

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:53 pm 
Offline
Breaker Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 438
GretnaGrn wrote:
wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
TV picks game times/dates. That's a fact of life if you follow college football at higher than the CUSA level. It's not a matter of anyone listening to anyone, other than TV telling you (after writing their rather large check to the conference) what you'll be doing.



And I noted that. However it's also true that your athletic department can let the league and the networks know what your preference is. That's all I've asked of Dannen on this issue. LSU has done it and they have since been accommodated for the most part. True story.

The SEC and LoSer-U sadly have just a smidge more pull than we do. You also obviously missed the very loud whining from Baton Rouge about more than one of their game times being set by TV this season.


They didn't have any complaints for the couple of years before that b/c their AD stepped up. Just think ours should do the same. We are in a smaller conference that gets a lot smaller check. Some of our games are on-line only . so it shouldn't take as much pull to get it done.

So because we're less valuable you think we have more pull? That's illogical. There's a reason that the games on the really oddball nights throughout the season are always from the smaller conferences--because ESPN has even more ability to bully them into the schedule change.

Clearly, you just want to be mad. There is no way TD has the ability to change this kickoff time and date, which has been dictated by TV. There's no point in responding to you further on this topic.


Go back and read my post. I said we shouldn't need as much pull. Our conference doesn't have games on what would be considered the oddball nights, Tuesday and Wednesday. I also never said TD had the ability. I said he should make the effort to let the league and the network know our preference. Not mad just disappointed. I could sink to your and snowflakes level and call you illiterate but I won't allow you two to pull me down to your level.

_________________
It's not over !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:30 pm
Posts: 2350
is there any reason to think that TD hasn't requested a preferred game time to the conference?

We seem to have gotten mid afternoon for all of our homecoming games, which I'd imagine is our preferred slot for homecoming.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:41 pm
Posts: 634
Referring to P6 does not include Ooh-la-la.

Even a night game in August is hot as hell.

But I will be there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:44 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 am
Posts: 2326
TUPF wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
TUPF wrote:
wavedom wrote:
ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.

I don’t think many folks living in New Orleans can reasonably call anyone who lives in northern climes cold weather wimpy. When I was there on 6 December and it dropped from the 80s into the lower 50s, people thought the Ice Age had begun. I saw parkas on Canal Street.

But we can certainly call some snowflakes.
Don’t you have a scrimmage to attend to?


I wish. The last scrimmages I attended were way back in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2041
Location: Baton Rouge
Anyone watching Wake vs Texas AM. Wake looks a lot better than they did last year.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 6294
Location: Dripping Springs
Poseidon wrote:
Anyone watching Wake vs Texas AM. Wake looks a lot better than they did last year.

I wouldn't get to worried about Wake - A&M lost their coach and is just going through the motions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Marietta, GA
sr wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Anyone watching Wake vs Texas AM. Wake looks a lot better than they did last year.

I wouldn't get to worried about Wake - A&M lost their coach and is just going through the motions.


Plus WF's QB is a senior. He is a really good passer.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:20 am 
Offline
Riptide Level

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:14 am
Posts: 245
Location: East Greenwich, RI
My guess is that in 2018, the Wave has to worry about every team we play. Tulane is much improved as well. I still fear that the difference will be our depth on D-line, which should manifest itself later in the season, if we continue to avoid pre season injuries...this will be a great game and a great indicator of our potential success this coming season... I hope to finally get to Yulman for this game!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 5288
RI WAVE wrote:
My guess is that in 2018, the Wave has to worry about every team we play. Tulane is much improved as well. I still fear that the difference will be our depth on D-line, which should manifest itself later in the season, if we continue to avoid pre season injuries...this will be a great game and a great indicator of our potential success this coming season... I hope to finally get to Yulman for this game!


Conversely every team we play except one will worry about Tulane. And with that one if we don't end up having to play because of injuries a raw 3rd string QB against a CFP caliber team, we'll perhaps have a more interesting final forty minutes to the game than we did in Norman.

In other words, WF and Tulane can have a winning season next year. May they do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], doc, windywave and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group