MBB 85-75 over Temple

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

MBB 85-75 over Temple

Post by RI WAVE »

Very impressive performance! Better plan to attend some games. This team is talented and plays with composure!
Wavery
Navigator Level

Re: MBB 85-75 over Temple

Post by Wavery »

Well that got my attention!!! See y’all Sunday.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I guess there was method to Dunleavy’s OOC madness.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

RPI moves 31 spots after the win; now RPI is 72 for Wave.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

GreenieBacker wrote:I guess there was method to Dunleavy’s OOC madness.
You mean he's a professional coach, and knows what he is doing?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Melvin Frazier is on his way to being the best men's player since Hot Rod Williams.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

lg no one would have said that until Dunleavy and Staff got here.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

GreenieBacker wrote:lg no one would have said that until Dunleavy and Staff got here.
Sure MD really helps but you can't put in what God's left out. Melvin got a lot better last year under the same coaching but this leap is all him.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

GreenieBacker wrote:lg no one would have said that until Dunleavy and Staff got here.
I was not a Conroy fan and Dunleavy is doing a great job, but Conroy only had Frazier for one year. I don’t think in this case it is fair to bash Conroy.

Melvin is playing great and is athletic as any Tulane player in years. Reed and Honeycutt starred for four years. It’s tough to put Melvin ahead of them in the pecking order.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Honeycutt stopped improving after his second year. Frazier is a superb athlete who plays with passion and works hard. If he keeps doing both no one here will disagree with my (admittedly conditional) statement.
Last edited by long green on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Oh, and it's always fair to bash Conroy from every angle other than his later recruiting.
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

long green wrote:Oh, and it's always fair to bash Conroy from every angle other than his later recruiting.
Does the team get ice cream tonight?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Guys, enjoy the afterglow for a few minutes.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Someone came on here and almost defended Ed Conroy after a big gutty road conference win. Next time I'll throw something.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

randymc wrote:RPI moves 31 spots after the win; now RPI is 72 for Wave.
WOW :!: :!:
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Remember the Conroy days when the RPI was always three figures and often the first digit was a 3?

Yeah, I don't miss those days.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote:Melvin Frazier is on his way to being the best men's player since Hot Rod Williams.
It’s hard to explain but, he quietly impacts the game. You don’t hear his name for a while then all of a sudden he has double digit points and is making plays that change the game.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Ed is a great guy. I wish him well.

Interestingly MD said before he started that one of his strengths would be developing talent. After watching Reynolds quantum jump last year and Melvin's improvement this year, MD wasn't selling wolf tickets.

Finally it's almost Melvin's mantra that he says in virtually every interview a variation of "I'm simply trying to do what the coaches tell me." Prime example: he now rarely attempts to dunk unless he is 99% certain of success. Instead he takes and makes mostly layups which don't get him on SportsCenter. That is a complete change of playing style for him from his first year at Tulane when it was "Showtime-Fulltime."
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Why is anyone surprised MD knows what he is doing? Seriously, you all aren't this dense. The guy was the coach of the year in the NBA, he's got some skills. Players are getting better under his tutelage should be :dots: instead of :shock:
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

RPI keeps creeping in the right direction; now 67 according to LIVE RPI on warrennolan.com
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

randymc wrote:RPI keeps creeping in the right direction; now 67 according to LIVE RPI on warrennolan.com
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!: :!:
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Finally, barring a very late UM turnaround, LSU will win at Memphis. Tulane gets no credit for that exhibition win but I can assure you that both teams played all out in that game to win. Wade is an outstanding coach and MD whipped him.

I'm sure we'll see another UNC/FSU performance or two in conference but no one is blowing smoke to see a path to 10 or more conference victories for Tulane with more performances like tonight. This for a team that won six games last season.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

windywave wrote:Why is anyone surprised MD knows what he is doing? Seriously, you all aren't this dense. The guy was the coach of the year in the NBA, he's got some skills. Players are getting better under his tutelage should be :dots: instead of :shock:
Almost everybody has improved under Dunleavy. Ona-Embo continues to get better and Slater is much better than a year ago as well. Some of that is just natural progression from freshman to sophomore year but a lot is Dunleavy. Paul has clearly improved.

I think the best thing Dunleavy has done is allowed them to just play. Guys don’t get yanked for taking one bad shot. It’s allowed them to play with confidence. Daniels is developing quickly because of that. He is going to be really good.

Sehic is the one guy I would like to see develop more. Our upside is higher with him on the floor but Paul has outplayed him the last several games.
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

What impressed me was the great defense we played. Temple had a hard time scoring and committed several turnovers that were due to our tough defense. Also, we got at least 8 breakaway points and hit really crucial free throws down the stretch. The best game I have seen from Tulane in a long time...especially against a quality opponent on their court.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Now I'm even more excited about the best Christmas present I got this year. Got my tickets for when we Shock the Shockers!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone