Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13639
Basketball finishes 18-14, baseball only plays the season opening series and football goes 6-6

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/01/2018_crystal_ball_jeff_duncan.html

_________________
“At the moment of truth, there are either reasons or results.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm
Posts: 3467
Location: Marietta, GA
OGSB wrote:
Basketball finishes 18-14, baseball only plays the season opening series and football goes 6-6

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/01/2018_crystal_ball_jeff_duncan.html


I would bet good money that football finishes better than 6-6; further, I will take whatever bets there are against Wake Forest because we will beat them outright. And Ohio St will beat us much more than 42-10 but, like OU, it doesn't matter. I also predict Tulane's offense scores 28 points/game on average. Defense, meh. The only winnable game I fear is Cincy in Cincy. Other than that, I feel really good about our direction.

I really don't care about anything else on his list. 18-14 sounds about right for MBB, which will earn us an NIT bid.

_________________
Plan your work, work your plan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:38 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 8297
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Okay, it is not Tulane related, but it was in the link provided.

Is Kareem Hunt better than Alvin Kamara? And which one would you rather be playing on your team? Kamara is my choice.

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:24 am
Posts: 30012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Fan Since '54 wrote:
Okay, it is not Tulane related, but it was in the link provided.

Is Kareem Hunt better than Alvin Kamara? And which one would you rather be playing on your team? Kamara is my choice.

Fan since '54


Hunt has 1327 rushing yards (4.9 yards per carry) and 8 rushing TDs with 53 catches for 455 yards and 3 TDs. Kamara has 720 rushing yards (6.1 yards per carry) and 81 catches for 826 yards and 5 TDs. They're both damn good, but as of now, only Hunt has proven he can be the #1 back week in and week out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:34 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
Kamara has done more than enough to win but Hunt has done more overall and his team won their division, too.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24820
Location: New Orleans
If we're improved we'll kill Cincy. Of the five losses in league play Cincy is the only one that might be better than in 2017. The other four will be about as good (Navy, maybe SMU) or not as good (USF & Memphis). Of the three wins Houston should be about the same, ECU about the same, and Tulsa ought to be better with a settled QB situation.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 20548
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
He actually picks us 7-6

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 6967
Location: Charlotte
FW wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:
Okay, it is not Tulane related, but it was in the link provided.

Is Kareem Hunt better than Alvin Kamara? And which one would you rather be playing on your team? Kamara is my choice.

Fan since '54


Hunt has 1327 rushing yards (4.9 yards per carry) and 8 rushing TDs with 53 catches for 455 yards and 3 TDs. Kamara has 720 rushing yards (6.1 yards per carry) and 81 catches for 826 yards and 5 TDs. They're both damn good, but as of now, only Hunt has proven he can be the #1 back week in and week out.


Hunt was the bell cow starting in week 1... Payton had no idea what he was doing with Kamara until after the Peterson trade... Hunt doesn't share the backfield with another Pro Bowler... Honestly, there is no comparison because it's watermelons and bocce balls here.

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
President's Circle

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:42 am
Posts: 4622
Location: Lafayette, LA
I agree with Deion Sanders. Not only is Kamara the ROY, but he should be in the running for MVP. Saints are a 6 win team without him. We saw what happened against Atlanta with him out of the game.

_________________
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Crystal Ball
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:09 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:37 pm
Posts: 3356
Location: North Haven, CT
Man in Green wrote:
I agree with Deion Sanders. Not only is Kamara the ROY, but he should be in the running for MVP. Saints are a 6 win team without him. We saw what happened against Atlanta with him out of the game.


+1, and keep in mind he's made his stats with over 120 fewer touches than Hunt.

_________________
Bring home da Wave!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: long green and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group